HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:45 pm

By Edward Lee, The Baltimore Sun

Prior to this season, the prevailing thought was that the Pittsburgh Steelers were the mountain that Joe Flacco had yet to conquer.

That has obviously changed after the quarterback led the Ravens to their first regular-season sweep of the Steelers since 2006. But maybe the focus should have been on a different AFC North rival.

In six career meetings against the Cincinnati Bengals — the Ravens' opponent this Sunday — Flacco has endured some of the poorest outings in his career. Perhaps not coincidentally, the Ravens are 1-3 in their last four contests with the Bengals.

"They are a physical football team," Flacco acknowledged. "Like I said, they have played well. Their offensive line, their defensive line, they are two pretty good groups. They'll fight 60 minutes, and they fight to the whistle hard on each play."

One factor in Flacco's struggles against Cincinnati has been the defense's use of the Cover-2.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-1118-20111117,0,7351426.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+baltimoresun%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2Frss2+%28+Ravens%2FFootball%29

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 am

I said it in another thread, but it bears repeating...

clowns set the standard at beating the Steelers just once in a season
bungals set the standard at beating the Steelers, once would do, but twice is sweet
ratbirds set the standard at beating the Steelers, and winning the AFC North

STEELERS set the standard at WINNING MORE SUPER BOWLS!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:00 am

This will be a telling game for the Ratbitches.... either they will bounce back against a division opponent after last weeks embarrassment or they will lose and continue to show why they can't and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Go Bungles.

If the Ravens lose, maybe Harbitch should look into getting some of this for the team:

PostSubject: Re: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:59 am

I wonder how A Dub really feels about the Ravens.

The offense has struggled all year against 4-3 defenses, which the Bengals also run and have given Flacco trouble his whole career. I just hope I don't have to punch things again at the end of this game.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:32 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
I just hope I don't have to punch things again at the end of this game.

If you have to, invite Truck over and punch him. You owe him for the attempted home-cooked homicide anyway.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:53 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:

If you have to, invite Truck over and punch him. You owe him for the attempted home-cooked homicide anyway.

I'll cook a peace offering meal!! Twisted Evil

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:01 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@JonM229 wrote:

I'll cook a peace offering meal!! Twisted Evil

Don't kill him though! He amuses much like a monkey fucking a football.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense   

Back to top Go down

Flacco's had trouble beating Bengals' Cover-2 defense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: