HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Vikings grant QB McNabb's request to be released

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Vikings grant QB McNabb's request to be released   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 pm

NFL.com
Published: Dec. 1, 2011 at 01:49 p.m. Updated: Dec. 1, 2011 at 05:08 p.m.

The Minnesota Vikings have waived quarterback Donovan McNabb, giving the veteran quarterback an opportunity to sign with another team for the stretch run.

The Vikings' intention to release McNabb was first reported by NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

McNabb on TNF halftime show
Donovan McNabb will sit down live with Rich Eisen and the gang at halftime of NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football" in Seattle.
McNabb, who was traded to the Vikings in the offseason to be their starter, recently had been taking reps with the third string and went to the team requesting his release, team sources told La Canfora. After a conversation with coach Leslie Frazier the Vikings granted his request.

Several potential playoff teams have lost quarterbacks recently, including the Chicago Bears (McNabb's hometown team, and a place he would obviously love to play) and the Houston Texans, who run a system very much like what McNabb ran during his 2010 season with the Washington Redskins.

Frazier addressed the media Thursday and said he was unaware if McNabb had a preferred team in mind.

"I know there are some teams out there looking for QBs, but he did not mention that to me," Frazier said.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824a3ca3/article/vikings-grant-qb-mcnabbs-request-to-be-released?module=HP11_headline_stack

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Vikings grant QB McNabb's request to be released   Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:47 am

I like McNabb, but I believe he is not the QB he believes himself to be. Good luck getting picked up by one of 'those' teams in the hunt.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: