HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Packers' Philbin accepts Dolphins' coaching job

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Packers' Philbin accepts Dolphins' coaching job    Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:15 pm

A month of wrenching emotion for Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin took another turn Friday when he landed the Miami Dolphins' head coaching job.

The deal was sealed less than two weeks after Philbin's 21-year-old son drowned in an icy Wisconsin river. The Dolphins confirmed the hiring in a news release and plan a news conference Saturday.

Philbin, who has never been a head coach, first interviewed with Miami on Jan. 7. The body of son Michael, one of Philbin's six children, was recovered the next day in Oshkosh.

After spending a week away from the Packers, Philbin rejoined the team last Sunday for its divisional playoff loss to the New York Giants.

Philbin has been with Green Bay since 2003, serving as offensive coordinator since 2007. Coach Mike McCarthy called the plays, but Philbin put together the game plan for one of the NFL's most prolific offenses.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/packers-philbin-accepts-dolphins-coaching-job/article_27fdf830-6adf-5c43-927f-8760ed883bbf.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerTide
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Packers' Philbin accepts Dolphins' coaching job    Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:31 pm

I guess the terrorists...

...eh, I don't play when it comes to death.

PostSubject: Re: Packers' Philbin accepts Dolphins' coaching job    Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:39 pm

@SteelerTide wrote:
I guess the terrorists...

...eh, I don't play when it comes to death.
I'm beginning to think you don't like the Packers. Why the hate? Because we lost to them in the Super Bowl or does it go back farther than that?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerTide
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Packers' Philbin accepts Dolphins' coaching job    Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Super Bowl loss.

Sorry. Have a personal connection to the Steelers that dates back to my youth (which is surprising considering I've never been to the 'Burgh.)

And no, I don't hate Dallas this bad.

PostSubject: Re: Packers' Philbin accepts Dolphins' coaching job    

Back to top Go down

Packers' Philbin accepts Dolphins' coaching job
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: