HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Where will Peyton play in 2012?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:41 pm

I've heard a lot of analysis about whether Manning will be released. Assuming he is released, where to you think he'll end up? Or where to you think he should end up?

I heard someone suggest Denver. That makes a lot of sense. First and foremost, he'll wanna go to a contender. And he won't be a backup. So Denver makes perfect sense. Good defense. Solid O-line. Good running game. Good coach. Decent receivers. And no competition at QB.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 pm

I don't see him leaving Indy, but if he did, Denver seems right.

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 am

Arizona, the Vikings, or the Jets and in that order.

My rationale:
Arizona has one of the best receivers in the game, play indoors, and have a fairly weak division.

The Vikings also play indoors, have a pretty decent team with weapons on offense (Harvin and AP). Tough division.

The Jets have a big market and always set their goals on a Super Bowl. He would have some solid weapons and why wouldn't he want to play Brady twice a year? I don't know that him and Rexypoo could co-exist together.

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:21 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Arizona, the Vikings, or the Jets and in that order.

My rationale:
Arizona has one of the best receivers in the game, play indoors, and have a fairly weak division.

The Vikings also play indoors, have a pretty decent team with weapons on offense (Harvin and AP). Tough division.

The Jets have a big market and always set their goals on a Super Bowl. He would have some solid weapons and why wouldn't he want to play Brady twice a year? I don't know that him and Rexypoo could co-exist together.
I doubt Arizona will be in the market for a QB after just signing Kolb. The Vikings play in a tough division. And I can't see Peyton co-existing with all the egos on the Jets, and I'm not sure they're going to push Sanchez aside just yet. Out of those three, Arizona would make the most sense if they didn't just sign Kolb.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:08 am

I heard somewhere that the Dolphins may be interested.

In any event, I'm sure several teams will line up around the block to kick Manning's tires if he becomes available.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
I doubt Arizona will be in the market for a QB after just signing Kolb. The Vikings play in a tough division. And I can't see Peyton co-existing with all the egos on the Jets, and I'm not sure they're going to push Sanchez aside just yet. Out of those three, Arizona would make the most sense if they didn't just sign Kolb.

I really doubt that Arizona would pass up the opportunity to have Manning, even if it means trading Kolb or selling their souls. The other two made sense from a bystander standpoint just because I feel like he could (potentially) thrive on those teams. That NFC North would be a hell of a conference if he went to the Vikings. And it would be cool to have Brady/Manning twice a year.

My guess is Indy will keep him and give Luck the Rodgers treatment.

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
And I can't see Peyton co-existing with all the egos on the Jets, and I'm not sure they're going to push Sanchez aside just yet.

Unidentified Jets call Mark Sanchez "Lazy," Want Team to Pick Up Peyton Manning

Quote :
"We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice," said one player. "He's lazy and content because he knows he's not going to be benched."

"How can we when he's not improving at all?" [another teammate said, when asked if the Jets can hoist the Lombardi Trophy with Sanchez]. "He thinks he is, but he's not. He has shown us what he's capable of."

"So many games, he looked defeated before he ever took the field," a team source said. "He didn't have much confidence in what he was about to go do. You could tell throughout the week in practice. He never felt comfortable with some of the things we were doing. It was too much for him."

[When asked whether the team should go after quarterback Peyton Manning with everything they could, age and injury situations and all, the answer was definite.] "Come on. That's a no-brainer," a Jets source said. "If you have a chance to get a healthy 36-year-old Peyton Manning and you don't do it, then you're stupid. If I could get a healthy 36-year-old Peyton Manning, then, hell yeah, I would trade Sanchez."

[One player agreed]. "We already have [Manning's former] coach — [ex-Colts offensive coordinator] Tom Moore," one well-respected player said. "Plus, he's a field general and will get everyone lined up. He will get his playmakers the ball. We can win a Super Bowl with Peyton."

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 am

I stand corrected on the Jets and Sanchez. I knew that team was a mess, but wow.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
I stand corrected on the Jets and Sanchez. I knew that team was a mess, but wow.

Yeah, this has been pretty fun to watch

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:44 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

Yeah, this has been pretty fun to watch

It's all your boy Rex's fault.

in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
fer69

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:52 pm

@JonM229 wrote:

post deleted

that was uncalled for say what you want about the guy but to bring his nationality into the conversations that just wrong
i don't care for the guy either he just looks not ready to play on sundays(by the way i'm Mexican) and i'm not lazy except on weekends cuz i normally don't feel like doing shit
well i guess that makes me like 30% lazy that's not to bad

sonofabitch

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Sorry if I offended you. I couldn't resist since I have a co-worker who is Mexican (and likes Sanchez because of his heritage) and we go back and forth with Mexican and Jew jokes. This headline was a goldmine. Now if only Jews could be good athletes you'd be able to make fun of them.

Jay Fiedler anyone?

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:40 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
Now if only Jews could be good athletes you'd be able to make fun of them.

They probably would be if they didn't want so damn much money.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:43 pm

you motherfucking anti-Semite

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:48 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
you motherfucking anti-Semite

Not anti-Semite...... but I am anti-Yosemite Sam. I hate that rootin' tootin' ginger redneck sonofabitch!

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:53 pm

fucking gingers

Back to top Go down
fer69

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:19 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
Sorry if I offended you. I couldn't resist since I have a co-worker who is Mexican (and likes Sanchez because of his heritage) and we go back and forth with Mexican and Jew jokes. This headline was a goldmine. Now if only Jews could be good athletes you'd be able to make fun of them.

Jay Fiedler anyone?

i wasn't offended at all

i'm actually from Russia
just kiiding

sonofabitch

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
BigRick
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:27 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
I've heard a lot of analysis about whether Manning will be released. Assuming he is released, where to you think he'll end up? Or where to you think he should end up?

I heard someone suggest Denver. That makes a lot of sense. First and foremost, he'll wanna go to a contender. And he won't be a backup. So Denver makes perfect sense. Good defense. Solid O-line. Good running game. Good coach. Decent receivers. And no competition at QB.
A lot still remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 pm

@BigRick wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

A lot still remains to be seen.
Not anymore.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
fucking gingers

We are everywhere you killer ratbird lover!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where will Peyton play in 2012?   

Back to top Go down

Where will Peyton play in 2012?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: