HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL Notebook: Bounty investigation picks up momentum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: NFL Notebook: Bounty investigation picks up momentum   Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:18 am

Monday, March 05, 2012
From wire dispatches

The NFL's investigation that found the New Orleans Saints paid bounties to players for knocking opponents out of games is far from over.

League spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday the NFL will be "addressing the issues raised as part of our responsibility to protect player safety and the integrity of the game."

Those issues could include previous seasons, too.

Several players around the league have said the Saints and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams weren't the only ones with such a system. Former Redskins safety Matt Bowen said Williams had a similar bounty scheme when he was in Washington.

Aiello said the league would not comment on other reports. He added that the NFL will look at "any relevant info regarding rules being broken," saying that is "standard procedure."

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh insisted Sunday his team had no bounty program.

"I don't take part in those things and nor do my teammates and nor my coaches. We don't allow that," said Suh, who was suspended for two games this season for stomping on an opponent and has been fined frequently by the NFL for rough play."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12065/1214569-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1oET75SjZ

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: NFL Notebook: Bounty investigation picks up momentum   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:20 am

I'm pretty sure the Lions had a bounty program this past year. I didn't see any other team with as many unnecessary roughness penalties.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL Notebook: Bounty investigation picks up momentum   Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Here's the problem as I see it. Goodell (Der Kommish) has a huge issue on his hands and one that won't be easily resolved.

He made a mockery out of clean, legal hits by fining players for what he and the NFL office deemed inappropriate. NOW, he's got allegations and prove that teams, well before James Harrison was knocking people out with legal vicious hits, were placing bounties.

I have a feeling that Der Kommish is going to be scrutinized and criticized with the way the league is turning out under his 'reign'.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL Notebook: Bounty investigation picks up momentum   Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
I have a feeling that Der Kommish is going to be scrutinized and criticized with the way the league is turning out under his 'reign'.

"Is going to be"?!?

You mean he isn't already?!? You alone have scrutinized and criticized him enough for all of us here!

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL Notebook: Bounty investigation picks up momentum   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:18 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

"Is going to be"?!?

You mean he isn't already?!? You alone have scrutinized and criticized him enough for all of us here!

I meant by non-Steelers fans now!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Notebook: Bounty investigation picks up momentum   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: