HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 the walking dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

avatar

Posts : 3970
Likes : 627
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : richmond va

PostSubject: the walking dead   Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:17 am

any of you guys watching this show? i just heard about it recently. i have watched the first season and i am hooked. i downloaded the second season last night and i cant wait to watch it

_________________


"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6346
Likes : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:09 pm

***SEMI SPOILER ALERT****



I watched the season finale of season 2 (my roommate and girlfriend like it). I wasn't too impressed and thought the concept was a little weak. I heard season 1 is awesome.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:48 pm

@vasteeler wrote:
any of you guys watching this show? i just heard about it recently. i have watched the first season and i am hooked. i downloaded the second season last night and i cant wait to watch it


The show is pretty awesome, VA. My wife and I love it and have been watching since season 1. The acting is great and the special effects/makeup are movie quality. The last couple of episodes this season were pretty shocking. I won't ruin it for you.

I just worry that there's only so far they can take the story. It might become repetitive and stale after awhile, but so far they've managed to keep it interesting. Of course, I love the zombie apocalypse genre so I'm somewhat biased.

I recommend you stick with it and get caught up to date. I think you'll like it a lot.

_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

avatar

Posts : 1775
Likes : 82
Join date : 2011-04-05
Location : In the land of The Crazies

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:45 pm

@vasteeler wrote:
any of you guys watching this show? i just heard about it recently. i have watched the first season and i am hooked. i downloaded the second season last night and i cant wait to watch it

YOU WILL LOVE IT

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://forums.steelersfever.com/
SteelCityMom

avatar

Posts : 1775
Likes : 82
Join date : 2011-04-05
Location : In the land of The Crazies

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:47 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:
any of you guys watching this show? i just heard about it recently. i have watched the first season and i am hooked. i downloaded the second season last night and i cant wait to watch it


The show is pretty awesome, VA. My wife and I love it and have been watching since season 1. The acting is great and the special effects/makeup are movie quality. The last couple of episodes this season were pretty shocking. I won't ruin it for you.

I just worry that there's only so far they can take the story. It might become repetitive and stale after awhile, but so far they've managed to keep it interesting. Of course, I love the zombie apocalypse genre so I'm somewhat biased.

I recommend you stick with it and get caught up to date. I think you'll like it a lot.

If you go with the flow of the comic (obviously adding in other stuff and changing the story up a bit), they have plenty to go on. They haven't even gotten to Alexandria yet.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://forums.steelersfever.com/
vasteeler

avatar

Posts : 3970
Likes : 627
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : richmond va

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm

i just watched the first episode of season 2..........i cant believe they shot the fucking kid!!!!

_________________


"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:52 pm

@SteelCityMom wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:
any of you guys watching this show? i just heard about it recently. i have watched the first season and i am hooked. i downloaded the second season last night and i cant wait to watch it


The show is pretty awesome, VA. My wife and I love it and have been watching since season 1. The acting is great and the special effects/makeup are movie quality. The last couple of episodes this season were pretty shocking. I won't ruin it for you.

I just worry that there's only so far they can take the story. It might become repetitive and stale after awhile, but so far they've managed to keep it interesting. Of course, I love the zombie apocalypse genre so I'm somewhat biased.

I recommend you stick with it and get caught up to date. I think you'll like it a lot.

If you go with the flow of the comic (obviously adding in other stuff and changing the story up a bit), they have plenty to go on. They haven't even gotten to Alexandria yet.


I actually haven't read the comic. I know, surprising since I'm a bit of a comic book nerd. I don't collect anymore so newer stuff is foreign to me.



@vasteeler wrote:
i just watched the first episode of season 2..........i cant believe they shot the fucking kid!!!!

He was asking for it. Damn kid wanders too much.


_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay



Posts : 135
Likes : 5
Join date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:06 am

My wife loves it so I watch it as well. Its really good but can bog down for episodes at a time with basically nothing happening. Plus it makes you want to scream at them for being stupid. Still the end of season 2 was crazy and very entertaining.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

avatar

Posts : 3970
Likes : 627
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : richmond va

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:52 pm

just finished watching season 2. i absolutely love this show. i have heard season 2 was a little slow but i didnt think so. cant wait foe season three

i do agree with JJ however there were some moments when i thought.....what the fuck are you thinking

for instance when on the highway and the RV broke down why in the hell didnt they just jump in a few of hundreds of other cars and get the hell out of there?

_________________


"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm

@vasteeler wrote:
just finished watching season 2. i absolutely love this show. i have heard season 2 was a little slow but i didnt think so. cant wait foe season three

i do agree with JJ however there were some moments when i thought.....what the fuck are you thinking

for instance when on the highway and the RV broke down why in the hell didnt they just jump in a few of hundreds of other cars and get the hell out of there?


I'm sure that in that scenario quite a few have broken down and even more have been pilfered for their gasoline already. The last thing you'd want to do is jump in a vehicle that is disabled and make yourself a sitting duck.... unless it's a Sherman tank.

Today's helpful zombie apocalypse tip brought to you by your friendly neighborhood piss monkey!

_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

avatar

Posts : 3970
Likes : 627
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : richmond va

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:05 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:
just finished watching season 2. i absolutely love this show. i have heard season 2 was a little slow but i didnt think so. cant wait foe season three

i do agree with JJ however there were some moments when i thought.....what the fuck are you thinking

for instance when on the highway and the RV broke down why in the hell didnt they just jump in a few of hundreds of other cars and get the hell out of there?


I'm sure that in that scenario quite a few have broken down and even more have been pilfered for their gasoline already. The last thing you'd want to do is jump in a vehicle that is disabled and make yourself a sitting duck.... unless it's a Sherman tank.

Today's helpful zombie apocalypse tip brought to you by your friendly neighborhood piss monkey!


leave it to you to bring logic into a zombie conversation Rolling Eyes ........................

_________________


"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay



Posts : 135
Likes : 5
Join date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:20 am

So who is dying to know who the person in the hood with the sword and the zomnbie slaves was?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

avatar

Posts : 13490
Likes : 1920
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : The last bar stool on the left

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:25 pm

@vasteeler wrote:
leave it to you to bring logic into a zombie conversation Rolling Eyes ........................


It's cuz I is smart.

You can knock it, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that when the zombie apocalypse hits the fan and you're on a highway full of abandoned cars being chased by zombies, you won't be just hopping into any random car because of my survival tip. Trust me, as a once resurrected zombie (by YOU no less, VA!), I know what I'm talking about. You're welcome.




@jjmjmay wrote:
So who is dying to know who the person in the hood with the sword and the zomnbie slaves was?


OOOH OOOH ME ME!!!!

_________________

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay



Posts : 135
Likes : 5
Join date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:35 pm

The key in a Zombie appocplyps is to stay calm and never get cornered. Collect what you need and then start moving toward remote area's.
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

avatar

Posts : 123
Likes : 20
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:39 am

Currently reading "Rise of The Governor" on Kindle. It's so good, and I highly recommend it for backstory on the Governor before the start of Season 3, which is only 12 days away. Can't wait!

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

avatar

Posts : 123
Likes : 20
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:39 am

Currently reading "Rise of The Governor" on Kindle. It's so good, and I highly recommend it for backstory on the Governor before the start of Season 3, which is only 12 days away. Can't wait!

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

avatar

Posts : 123
Likes : 20
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 am

@jjmjmay wrote:
So who is dying to know who the person in the hood with the sword and the zomnbie slaves was?

I know, I know! But I'm not telling since it would be a spoiler. So exciting, though.
Back to top Go down
bayz101

avatar

Posts : 4772
Likes : 106
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 am

The Walking Dead game for PS3 RULES. It doesn't really follow the show, though.

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy
Back to top Go down
bayz101

avatar

Posts : 4772
Likes : 106
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 am

Nearing the end of season 2 on NetFlix. I must say, this show has my heat beating faster and stronger than any other show I've ever watched. Definitely liking it.

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy
Back to top Go down
bayz101

avatar

Posts : 4772
Likes : 106
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 am

I'm four episodes into season three now. Close to catching up.

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy
Back to top Go down
bayz101

avatar

Posts : 4772
Likes : 106
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:46 am

Well...that episode ending about killed me.

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy
Back to top Go down
bayz101

avatar

Posts : 4772
Likes : 106
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 am

I'm caught up. Excellent show, i'm loving it. I don't believe a show has EVER had me on the edge of a heart-attack as many as this one has.

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

avatar

Posts : 3970
Likes : 627
Join date : 2011-04-06
Location : richmond va

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm

dammit feb. 10 cant get here soon enough

_________________


"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16649
Likes : 1288
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

After getting Netflix, I was able to watch this series. After Lost ended, I felt a little empty. I knew it would be a long time before another show could consume me the way Lost did. Walking Dead doesn't have me under quite the same spell, but it's close. I'm ready for season 3 to pick back up.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 16649
Likes : 1288
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Spent a good portion of yesterday watching the Walking Dead marathon. I'm ready for Season 3 to resume tonight.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   

Back to top Go down
 
the walking dead
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: Television-
Jump to: