HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

PostSubject: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 am

The Browns went from 5-11 in Mike Holmgren’s first season as president to 4-12 in his second, but Holmgren isn’t getting discouraged.

Instead, Holmgren said in an interview on ESPN 850 WKNR in Cleveland, he sees reason for optimism and believes the Browns will be a lot better in 2012.

“I expect us to take a pretty good jump this year. I would not be particularly happy if we had the same record or close to it,” Holmgren said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I believe in this group and I think we’re on track, I really do. I think if you look at last season as an example, the record was what it was, but we had if you remember say the snaps from center, kicked field goals, or PAT’s, if we had made three of those instead of missed three of those we would’ve won seven or eight games or something like that. Now you’re 5-11, 8-8, then you take the next step and boom in the fourth year you are where you should be. That’s what I’m thinking. I would hope and I would be very disappointed if we didn’t take a pretty good jump this year.”

It’s true that the Browns had several close losses and could point to a few plays here and there in those games that could have made the difference between 4-12 and 8-8. Then again, the Browns’ four wins were close enough that they were only a half dozen or so plays away from 0-16.

read more

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...and-this-year/

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Wed May 09, 2012 10:33 am

@vasteeler wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 am

@JonM229 wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Wed May 09, 2012 4:03 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:

That's almost as funny as Flacco expecting top 5 QB money!

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Thu May 10, 2012 1:42 pm

They may take a leap but it will still= last place!!1
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm

And I expect that one day my children will listen to me.

I'm not a betting man, but I'd guess that there are better odds of all 3 of my kids listening to me on the same day than there are the browns doing anything on the positive of a .500 season. OH wait, .500 is an improvement for the browns!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Thu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm

And I fully expect to lose 100 lbs. by sitting on my couch and eating Cheetos chased with milkshakes.

in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Thu May 10, 2012 2:17 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
And I fully expect to lose 100 lbs. by sitting on my couch and eating Cheetos chased with milkshakes.

Even this has better odds than the browns having a better season!

One more for the good guys Ginger!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Fri May 11, 2012 4:52 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

Maybe Buddha looses 50 lbs and the Brownies go 9-6. IT COULD HAPPEN! And truck 2 of your 3 listen to you. In a perfect world it could happen.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Fri May 11, 2012 5:16 am

@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

Maybe Buddha looses 50 lbs and the Brownies go 9-6. IT COULD HAPPEN! And truck 2 of your 3 listen to you. In a perfect world it could happen.

I like your optimism SD, but I think it might be misplaced in the browns going 9-6

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Fri May 11, 2012 7:53 am

@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

DID SOMEBODY SAY BROWNIES?!?!?!?!?!?

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Fri May 11, 2012 7:56 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

I like your optimism SD, but I think it might be misplaced in the browns going 9-6

HAHA! That's where you're wrong! I just lost roughly 175 lbs. this week alone by taking Truck off my Christmas card list.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Fri May 11, 2012 8:08 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

HAHA! That's where you're wrong! I just lost roughly 175 lbs. this week alone by taking Truck off my Christmas card list.

So you're still 385 lbs. And I'm sure given enough down time you'll find a way to put the 175 back on. Sort of like the browns finding a way to screw up a good start to the season.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

So you're still 385 lbs. And I'm sure given enough down time you'll find a way to put the 175 back on. Sort of like the browns finding a way to screw up a good start to the season.

And now you're off my Arbor Day card list.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holmgren expects significant improvement in Cleveland this year   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: