HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: ? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?   Fri May 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Former Lions offensive tackle Lomas Brown and now ESPN analyst claims at least 50 percent of NFL players smoke marijuana.

When Brown entered the league in 1985, he claims up to 90 percent of players smoked marijuana recreationally or as a way to relieve stress and pain.

"I just don't think you'll be able to curb this," Brown said according to Eric Lacy of the Detroit News.

Repeated attempts to contact NFL and NFL Players Association officials as well as doctors affiliated with league drug-testing policy to confirm or deny Brown's claims were unsuccessful. There are, however, several reports that indicate a growing problem.

A CBS Sports report last month said four in 10 draft-eligible players from this year's class have failed at least one school-administered drug test for marijuana, and two in 10 have failed multiple tests;

An ESPN report last month said "about 70 percent" of players at the combine admitted to smoking marijuana;

The NCAA's report in January 2009 said 26.7 percent of all football players admitted to smoking marijuana the past 12 months, a higher percentage than any other sport;

smokin the blunt
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: ? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?   Fri May 18, 2012 3:27 pm

the just need to legalize it already........it would be a lot easier for me

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
GodSendBigBen
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: ? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?   Sun May 20, 2012 4:16 am

@vasteeler wrote:
the just need to legalize it already........it would be a lot easier for me
seriously Im sick of having to run through my phone looking for something thats less dangerous than booze. haha
Back to top Go down
http://johnyyrock.hubpages.com/
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: ? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?   Mon May 21, 2012 12:42 am

I'd watch a football game if every player were stoned. It'd probably be something like this:

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?   Mon May 21, 2012 8:59 am

And in other news, another 45% of the players lie about smoking pot!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?   Mon May 21, 2012 11:15 am

Marijuana a growing problem for Lions, NFL

Detroit — Offseason marijuana arrests for three Lions players raises the issue of substance abuse locally, and highlights an NFL-wide dilemma that won't get resolved anytime soon.

A popular banned substance that's legal for medical purposes in 16 states is wreaking havoc on a sport known for its often ruthless roster decisions and intense analysis of draft picks.

The Lions players under scrutiny for possession of the drug are members of the 2011 draft class: Mikel Leshoure, Nick Fairley and Johnny Culbreath.

Each arrest pains former Lions offensive tackle Lomas Brown, who played 10 seasons on Detroit teams that went a combined 79-96 and tried to avoid distractions.

"Sounds like these guys were being careless," said Brown, now an ESPN analyst. "I know the Lions have to feel disappointed, especially after such a great season."

After winning 10 games in 2011 and reaching the playoffs for the first time since 1999, the Lions are in a holding pattern, waiting for a slew of legal and disciplinary matters to be resolved.

Leshoure, according to the league's substance abuse and personal conduct policies, could face up to a six-game suspension because of two arrests in less than a month.

And, first-time offenders Fairley and Culbreath could each miss up to four games.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120518/SPORTS0101/205180345#ixzz1vW8X67WM
[b]

PostSubject: Re: ? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?   

Back to top Go down

? 50% NFL players smoke pot ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: