HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL says lockout of officials has begun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: NFL says lockout of officials has begun   Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:17 am

Posted by Mike Florio on June 4, 2012, 2:56 PM EDT

If it wasn’t clear given the circumstances, it’s clear now: The NFL has locked out its game officials.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello informs PFT that the lockout has commenced. ”They advised us in March of their intention to take a strike vote and their plans to drag out the negotiations until late summer,” Aiello said.

By taking the initiative, the NFL can proceed with plans for identifying and training replacements, without being backed into a corner by a late-August walkout.

The effort to line up replacements also clarifies something about which there was some speculation during the player lockout last year. Even if the work stoppage is initiated by the employer, the employer can hire replacements.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/04/nfl-says-lockout-of-officials-has-begun/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's an idea... just fire them all and find some competent, full-time ones to replace them. It couldn't possibly be any worse.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: NFL says lockout of officials has begun   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:04 am

could hire a bunch of these guys.

PostSubject: Re: NFL says lockout of officials has begun   Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 am

bwahahahahaha

Now I can apply to be an official in the NFL. Talk about an awesome career change!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL says lockout of officials has begun   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: