HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Troy Smith isn’t giving up on his NFL future

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Troy Smith isn’t giving up on his NFL future   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Posted by Josh Alper on July 5, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT

There’s no easier way to point out the differences between the NFL and college football than by pointing to the list of Heisman Trophy winners.

College football’s biggest award doesn’t always go to the best player in the country, but it always goes to a player who has reached the highest levels of success at the collegiate level. Names like Jason White, Eric Crouch, Matt Leinart and Danny Wuerffel are all reminders that success at one level guarantees nothing at the next level.

Troy Smith’s name belongs on that list as well. The former Ohio State quarterback is unemployed again after getting cut by the Steelers, making it three teams that have moved on from the 2006 Heisman winner who spent last season as a backup in the UFL. As mentioned in Thusday’s one-liners, Smith told Bill Lubinger of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that Pittsburgh’s decision isn’t going to stop him from keeping the NFL dream alive.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/05/troy-smith-isnt-giving-up-on-his-nfl-future/

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't worry, Troy. After the Browns play us a couple of times this season they'll be in need of a new tackling dummy.... er.... QB shortly thereafter.

Till then, just keep polishing your Heisman and telling everyone how you haven't been given a shot..... by 3 NFL teams now.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Troy Smith isn’t giving up on his NFL future   Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:27 am

"Polishing your Heisman" sounds dirty

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Troy Smith isn’t giving up on his NFL future   Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:44 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
"Polishing your Heisman" sounds dirty

So does "ball(ing) so hard".

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troy Smith isn’t giving up on his NFL future   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: