HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Jimmy Haslam promises that he's in for the "long haul'' and wouldn't dream of moving tradition-rich Browns out of Cleveland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Jimmy Haslam promises that he's in for the "long haul'' and wouldn't dream of moving tradition-rich Browns out of Cleveland   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:29 am

BEREA, Ohio -- Hours after Tennessee billionaire Jimmy Haslam III reached an agreement with Randy Lerner to buy the Browns on Thursday, he returned to his Knoxville home for the pivotal Changing of the Watch.

"I've worn a Steelers watch for the last four years," said Haslam, a minority owner of the Steelers since 2008, in an exclusive interview with The Plain Dealer. "I didn't want to be premature and jinx anything, but now I'm putting on my Cleveland Browns watch. I've taken off all of my black and gold and I'm putting on my orange and brown."

L.A. Browns

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Haslam promises that he's in for the "long haul'' and wouldn't dream of moving tradition-rich Browns out of Cleveland   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 am

A 'hands on' owner for the Cleveland Browns?

The arrival of Jimmy Haslam III as Browns owner comes with the promise of sleeves rolled up and eyes laser-focused. Hands are back on. All this recalls the way a coach who is a strict disciplinarian is followed by a "players" coach who is followed by another tightening of the reins.Either way, however, with the Browns owners the results have been depressing for a generation, which is all that counts.

Jimmy will fuck it up. I was part owner of the Steelers I now know how to run a football team.

http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/index.ssf/2012/08/a_hands_on_owner_for_the_cleve.html

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Haslam promises that he's in for the "long haul'' and wouldn't dream of moving tradition-rich Browns out of Cleveland   Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 am

How soon before the browns become competitive? Does having an owner that was previously with the Steelers change things for the browns?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimmy Haslam promises that he's in for the "long haul'' and wouldn't dream of moving tradition-rich Browns out of Cleveland   

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Haslam promises that he's in for the "long haul'' and wouldn't dream of moving tradition-rich Browns out of Cleveland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: