HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Rumors fly that league may go with one-man officiating crews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Rumors fly that league may go with one-man officiating crews   Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2012, 2:22 PM EDT

The good news is that the replacement officials could soon be getting fired. The bad news is that the locked-out officials may stay locked out.

The in-between news is that the NFL may use only one official on the field to spot the ball and walk off penalties, with the rest of the officiating being performed in the booth by league employees watching TV monitors.

That’s the current rumor making the rounds on the league’s grapevine.

It’s just a rumor. But don’t expect anyone from the league to admit that there may be any truth to it. After all, the league office has been telling owners and coaches what they can and can’t say about the situation. Surely, no one will say that the NFL is considering such drastic action until the NFL decides to do it.

Given the performance of the replacement officials, it makes plenty of sense to consider drastic action.

From our perspective, we’ve got no problem with it. Technology has advanced to the point where the game can be called from a place other than the field.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/20/rumors-fly-that-league-may-go-with-one-man-officiating-crews/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GREAT IDEA! A whole entire crew of officials can't seem to get their heads out of their asses and get calls right a good portion of the time. I'm sure one single idiot running around on the field keeping tabs on 22 guys at once and covering 100 yards of territory should fix everything right up! An idea born of pure genius!

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Rumors fly that league may go with one-man officiating crews   Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:03 pm

why not? instant replay is the final judge anyway just give the one ref a big and very loud whisle.

PostSubject: Re: Rumors fly that league may go with one-man officiating crews   Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:08 pm

I think it would be extremely interesting. I'm willing to give it a go and see how it ends up. It'll be like football, but Mad Max style and shit.

PostSubject: Re: Rumors fly that league may go with one-man officiating crews   Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 pm

If anything, it'll be funny as HELL to watch.

PostSubject: Re: Rumors fly that league may go with one-man officiating crews   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:33 pm

i'm all for it, like Bayz said it'll be funny as hell to watch

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors fly that league may go with one-man officiating crews   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: