HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Bills avoided $4 million by cutting Merriman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Bills avoided $4 million by cutting Merriman    Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Posted by Mike Florio on August 20, 2012, 4:22 PM EDT

The Buffalo Bills, as it turns out, had four million reasons to not keep linebacker Shawne Merriman.

Merriman was due to make a base salary of $4 million in 2012, which would have become guaranteed as a practical matter if he’d been on the Week One roster. ($3 million of it already was guaranteed for injury and cap, but not for skill.)

Yes, it’s easy to point to the fact that he’s more of a 3-4 linebacker than a 4-3 defensive end. But pass rushers are pass rushers, regardless of scheme. And Merriman apparently isn’t the pass rusher he used to be. More accurately, he’s not enough of a pass rusher to merit that kind of pay, given where he was on the depth chart.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/20/bills-avoided/

____________________________________________________________________________________

Another washed up loser who can't play without the juice. No big loss. I'm not sure why in the hell the Bills signed him in the first place honestly. It was apparent he had nothing left when he was still with the Chargers.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: