HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL tells teams to expect replacement refs in Week 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: NFL tells teams to expect replacement refs in Week 1   Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:51 pm

By Albert Breer
Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: Aug. 29, 2012 at 02:36 p.m.

With opening night of the 2012 NFL season one week away, the league office alerted all 32 teams Wednesday that the season will begin with replacement officials in place, according to a memo obtained by NFL.com and NFL Network.

Negotiations between the league and the NFL Referees' Association remain "deadlocked," according to the memo sent by NFL executive vice president Ray Anderson.

"In light of the current state of negotiations, we will have replacement crews on the field when the regular season begins," Anderson's memo said. "The replacements have undergone extensive training and evaluation, and have shown steady improvement during the preseason. We will continue the training with each crew and they will work as much of the regular season as necessary."

The defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants will host the Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium on Sept. 5 as part of the NFL's Kickoff Week.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said on Aug. 23 the full-time officials likely would need seven to 10 days to prepare for Week 1. The first full Sunday of action is Sept. 9.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056100/article/nfl-tells-teams-to-expect-replacement-refs-in-week-1?module=HP11_headline_stack

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL tells teams to expect replacement refs in Week 1   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:25 pm

You know this happened before under Tagliabue's watch, and from what I recall...he had everything done in time for the season to start with trained (at least for back then) officials.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: NFL tells teams to expect replacement refs in Week 1   Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:36 pm

awesome Rolling Eyes

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: NFL tells teams to expect replacement refs in Week 1   Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:31 pm

It is what it is. We'll see less penalties, that is for sure.

PostSubject: Re: NFL tells teams to expect replacement refs in Week 1   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: