HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Hey, Goodell ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 am

The football gods are trying to send you a message. The replacement refs completely screwed one of the most popular NFL franchises on the NFL's biggest regular-season stage (MNF). And your beloved Patriots* also got screwed by the refs in the Sunday Night Game. What more do the football gods have to do to get your attention?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 am

I was waiting on them to call a "Jump Ball"! HA! I think all the ref's are a french fry short of a happy meal!

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:38 am

I believe this problem with officiating shows how much Roger Goodell does not understand football, nor are his best interests in the league or fair play.

Personally, I think the 'replacement' officials have come under more scrutiny that the regular officials come under. I also believe that the regular officials make equally bone headed calls that impact outcomes of the game. But players, coaches, and owners get fined for speaking out against them - just not out against the 'replacements'

If you want to fix the problem, then you hire officials full time, you train them when they make mistakes and you allow them to be better educated officials who are more competent to make calls in a high speed game and not make nearly as many errors.

But what the hell do I know, I'm just a fan.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 am

It's gotta be Der Kommish's fault:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-replacement-refs-roger-goodell-seattle-seahawks-green-bay-packers-092412

Quote :
This, Roger Goodell, is what you’ve wrought: The low point of the NFL. A great big heaping pile of dog doo staining the shield. A multibillion-dollar game that has turned from national obsession to total mockery in a few short weeks.

Spurred by incompetent officials and a complicit commissioner, the league’s ongoing horror show with its replacement referees hit its nadir Monday night. That’s when the Seattle Seahawks were awarded a 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers on one of the worst acts of officiating in the history of the game — and when, thanks to Goodell’s ongoing insouciance, America lost its mind.

It started when Seahawks receiver Golden Tate was given a touchdown on the final play of the game, a desperation Hail Mary that Packers safety M.D Jennings clearly caught with his body. Tate got his arm around the ball — after shoving cornerback Sam Shields to the ground — and one official signaled touchdown. And then a video review upheld the absurdity.

What an absolute travesty. What a joke. What a nightmare.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:12 am

Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 am

^-------Don't hold back pal. Tell them how you feel! I'm in your Amen corner.

Vince Lombardi

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:20 am

Does this guy know that if it weren't for Roger Goodell that his team, let alone his QB, would be decimated?

But damn he was funny!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 pm

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 pm

And for the record....I haven't used the full reply in a month now..

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Quote :
Quote:
This, Roger Goodell, is what you’ve wrought: The low point of the NFL. A great big heaping pile of dog doo staining the shield. A multibillion-dollar game that has turned from national obsession to total mockery in a few short weeks.

Spurred by incompetent officials and a complicit commissioner, the league’s ongoing horror show with its replacement referees hit its nadir Monday night. That’s when the Seattle Seahawks were awarded a 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers on one of the worst acts of officiating in the history of the game — and when, thanks to Goodell’s ongoing insouciance, America lost its mind.

It started when Seahawks receiver Golden Tate was given a touchdown on the final play of the game, a desperation Hail Mary that Packers safety M.D Jennings clearly caught with his body. Tate got his arm around the ball — after shoving cornerback Sam Shields to the ground — and one official signaled touchdown. And then a video review upheld the absurdity.

What an absolute travesty. What a joke. What a nightmare.

Please let's not forget SF 49'ers Harblow and his challenge when he was out of time outs. Then magically a new time out appeared on the scoreboard.

Back to top Go down
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 pm

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Tate has possession of Jennings neck, TOUCHDOWN!

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 am

@bayz101 wrote:

Yep.... I totally see the refs' and league's point of view.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
exncite
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:28 pm

@bayz101 wrote:

Boy I feel bad for the guy in our office pool who lost because of this call...........................................................................................................

BUT I DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT THE $300 I WON.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:31 pm

@exncite wrote:
Boy I feel bad for the guy in our office pool who lost because of this call...........................................................................................................

I thought about that a few days later .... just think of all the people who lost money because of that call.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@exncite wrote:

I thought about that a few days later .... just think of all the people who lost money because of that call.

But think of all the people who won money on that call.

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Wed May 06, 2015 1:46 am

Missouri Supreme Court invalidates Commissioner as arbitrator

Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2015

When it comes to employment disputes involving individuals teams, the NFL traditionally stacks the deck in its favor, forcing disgruntled employees to agree to arbitration — with the Commissioner of the league presiding. Last week, the Missouri Supreme Court delivered what could become a fatal blow to the league’s obsession with allowing a non-lawyer to make legal decisions that could be influenced by business interests unrelated to what the law requires.

In a lawsuit filed more than four years ago by former Rams equipment manager Todd Hewitt, the Missouri Supreme Court invalidated the requirement of submitting all claims to arbitration resolved by the Commissioner. The Missouri Supreme Court based its conclusion in part on a fairly simply analysis of three provisions of the league’s Constitution and Bylaws.

First, the Court pointed out that Section 8.3 gives the Commissioner “full, complete, and final jurisdiction and authority to arbitrate . . . [a]ny dispute between any player, coach, and/or other employee of any member of the League and any member club or clubs.” Next, the Court pointed out that Section 8.1 requires the NFL to “select and employ a person of unquestioned integrity to serve as Commissioner of the League and shall determine the period and fix the compensation of his employment.” Then, the Court pointed out that Section 8.2 states that the “Commissioner shall have no financial interest, direct or indirect, in any professional sport.”

The provisions are clearly inconsistent; it’s impossible for the Commissioner to have “no financial interest” in “any professional sport” when he is paid by the league — and when the bulk of his compensation often comes from bonuses tied to the financial success of the league. More importantly, the Missouri Supreme Court concluded that the conflicting provisions and obvious bias of the Commissioner when “required to arbitrate claims against his employers” makes the requirement that employees submit claims to arbitration resolved by the Commissioner unenforceable.

to read rest of story:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/05/missouri-supreme-court-invalidates-commissioner-as-arbitrator/

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   Wed May 06, 2015 6:52 am

Great... James Harrison is going to get fined for that...

Thanks, Missouri.

PostSubject: Re: Hey, Goodell ...   

Back to top Go down

Hey, Goodell ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: