HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 am

INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Colts have waived Chandler Harnish, the 2012 Mr. Irrelevant, so they could sign tight end Weslye Saunders.

The Colts (2-3) also waived outside linebacker Jerry Brown and released tight end Dominique Jones from the practice squad.

The 6-foot-5, 270-pound Saunders played in 16 games and made six starts last season with Pittsburgh. He had four receptions for 29 yards and one touchdown.

Harnish, who grew up in Bluffton, Ind., was the final draft selection in April and made the active roster but was inactive for all five games this season.

Brown, an undrafted free agent, made his NFL career debut Sunday.

Jones made one start, caught one pass for eight yards and played in four games this season for Indy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/colts-sign-te-saunders-waive-mr-irrelevant-chandler-harnish-in-roster-move-flurry/2012/10/16/da0847d4-17f6-11e2-a346-f24efc680b8d_story.html

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:43 am

Didn't see that coming.

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 am

@bayz101 wrote:
Didn't see that coming.
The Colts are the new Cardinals.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:08 am

I liked Saunders and thought he had a lot of upswing. Unfortunately he took the wrong path and I think right now the last thing our team needs is 'heat'.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Butch
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@bayz101 wrote:
Didn't see that coming.

Yeah now the cards are gonna get a run for their money when it comes to picking up ex-steelers. Hell maybe we should start auctioning off our cast offs to the highest bidder. LOL
Back to top Go down
exncite
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:18 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I liked Saunders and thought he had a lot of upswing. Unfortunately he took the wrong path and I think right now the last thing our team needs is 'heat'.

I wouldn't put Saunders in the same boat as say Ta'amu. He took a prescribed drug for ADD. My understanding is that the league would approve it but that Saunders didn't notify them. I thought he had some talent too and I don't fully understand his release.

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:07 pm

@Butch wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@bayz101 wrote:
Didn't see that coming.

Yeah now the cards are gonna get a run for their money when it comes to picking up ex-steelers. Hell maybe we should start auctioning off our cast offs to the highest bidder. LOL

At least this should help to spread the wealth around the league a little more instead of pumping up only one team. Parity, baby, parity.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Quote :
I wouldn't put Saunders in the same boat as say Ta'amu. He took a prescribed drug for ADD. My understanding is that the league would approve it but that Saunders didn't notify them. I thought he had some talent too and I don't fully understand his release

Completely agree. He didn't commit a crime, buy illegal drugs (it was prescribed, right?)......I don't get his release either. Was there something else behind his release?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry   

Back to top Go down

Colts sign TE Saunders, waive ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ Chandler Harnish in roster move flurry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: