HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Lions got hosed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
exncite
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Lions got hosed   Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Would someone please explain the idiotic logic that was used in the Houston-Detroit game to award a TD to the Houston runner who was clearly down by contact! The NFL is turning into a joke.

PostSubject: Re: Lions got hosed   Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Justin Forsett, Houston Texans gifted a touchdown

Thanksgiving turned ugly in Detroit.

Any remaining goodwill between the Detroit Lions and Houston Texans melted away late in third quarter of Thursday's game when the Texans were awarded a touchdown on what should have been ruled a mundane 8-yard run by Justin Forsett. The touchdown proved to be very costly as the Lions went on to lose 34-31 in overtime.
Schein: Time to give thanks
With Thanksgiving upon us, Adam Schein pauses to note the bounty of things the NFL has given fans to be thankful for in 2012. More ...

Replays clearly showed Forsett's knee touch the turf, but he rose to his feet before the whistle blew, then bolted for the end zone. Officials ruled the play a touchdown, and Jim Schwartz was hot. The Lions coach launched his challenge flag onto the field, and that's where the trouble started for Detroit.

The NFL reviews every scoring play, but teams lose that benefit if the challenge flag is thrown. The Lions were flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct, and it cost them dearly on the scoreboard.

"It's on me," Schwartz mouthed to his players and fellow coaches, pounding his chest over the mistake. The tone at Ford Field was volatile as fans rained down boos on the officials long after the commercial break.

The Lions' season is on the brink and bordering on lost -- and their fans don't want to hear this -- but the NFL has emphasized this rule to coaching staffs all season long.

We saw Mike Smith kill a promising drive for the Falcons in Week 11 when he tossed the red cloth on an Atlanta fumble that would have been overturned. Turnovers -- like scores -- are automatically reviewed, unless the head coach gets antsy with his little red friend.

Schwartz isn't likely to forget this rule again.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000099065/article/justin-forsett-gifted-a-touchdown-for-houston-texans

PostSubject: Re: Lions got hosed   Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:12 pm

This is a stupid rule. If they want to penalize the coach for throwing the challenge flag on a non-challengeable play, fine. Kind of like calling a timeout when you're out of timeouts. But I don't think it should negate what would have been an automatic review of the play.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Lions got hosed   Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Forget that...did you see Andre Johnson? TWO CONSECUTIVE MEGA-RECEIVING weeks. THAT is what a big money receiver looks like.

PostSubject: Re: Lions got hosed   Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:34 am

@bayz101 wrote:
Forget that...did you see Andre Johnson? TWO CONSECUTIVE MEGA-RECEIVING weeks. THAT is what a big money receiver looks like.

I guess we know who Bagz started in his fantasy league the past two weeks.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Lions got hosed   Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:35 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
This is a stupid rule. If they want to penalize the coach for throwing the challenge flag on a non-challengeable play, fine. Kind of like calling a timeout when you're out of timeouts. But I don't think it should negate what would have been an automatic review of the play.

I agree with this. Silly rule, but I had the Texans in the Pick 'Em game, so I didn't see shit.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lions got hosed   

Back to top Go down

Lions got hosed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: