HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Fireman Ed, New York Jets could be on outs after loss

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Fireman Ed, New York Jets could be on outs after loss   Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:15 am

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 23, 2012 at 03:55 p.m.

Well, the New York Jets finally did it. They broke Fireman Ed.

Ed Anzalone, the most famous Jets fan in America, reportedly split during halftime of a humiliating 49-19 loss to the New England Patriots*** on Thanksgiving night. He deactiviated his popular Twitter account as well, an exclamation point to a butt slide of an evening.

Former Jets defensive lineman Kris Jenkins snarled on Twitter, "Guess he went back to the Dolphins," a reference to Anzalone's former fan leanings before he became the Jets' de facto mascot years ago.

(Ed, if you're out there, come back to us. It's going to be ... OK.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/around-the-league?id=0ap1000000099682

________________________________________________________________________________________

Awwww.... too bad, Eddie. That's what you get for supporting a sad sack franchise led by a blowhard foot fetishist with no brain-to-mouth filter who allows his players to run amok.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Fireman Ed, New York Jets could be on outs after loss   Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:48 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:

Awwww.... too bad, Eddie. That's what you get for supporting a sad sack franchise led by a blowhard foot fetishist with no brain-to-mouth filter who allows his players to run amok.

Buddha, I didn't know you coached the NY Jets

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Fireman Ed, New York Jets could be on outs after loss   Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

Buddha, I didn't know you coached the NY Jets

I am NOT a foot fetishist!

in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Fireman Ed, New York Jets could be on outs after loss   Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 am

Jets hit new low as superfan 'Fireman Ed' quits his beloved team for season
6 hours ago

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Bill Belichick once famously quit the New York Jets, without ever coaching a game, by scribbling "I resign as HC of the NYJ" on a piece of paper.

The Jets' most attention-seeking fan, "Fireman Ed", aka former New York firefighter Ed Anzalone, used 275 words to do essentially the same thing. In a self-penned column in the Metro, the free newspaper handed out mostly at subway stations, Anzalone announced he will no longer attend games as "Fireman Ed."

Anzalone became famous for leading the "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets" chants at home games while wearing a fireman's helmet.

Anzalone cited the coarsening of conditions at Jets games due to fans' anger at the team's struggles this season and the quarterback controversy between starter Mark Sanchez and backup Tim Tebow. Anzalone wears a Sanchez jersey to games and said he left Thursday's blowout loss to the New England Patriots* at halftime due to heckling.

(Read More:) http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets-hit-new-low-as-superfan--fireman-ed--quits-his-beloved-team-for-season-030828017.html

I guess it could be worse.... we could be Jets fans.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Fireman Ed, New York Jets could be on outs after loss   Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 am

@Buddha Bus wrote:
Jets hit new low as superfan 'Fireman Ed' quits his beloved team for season
6 hours ago

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Bill Belichick once famously quit the New York Jets, without ever coaching a game, by scribbling "I resign as HC of the NYJ" on a piece of paper.

The Jets' most attention-seeking fan, "Fireman Ed", aka former New York firefighter Ed Anzalone, used 275 words to do essentially the same thing. In a self-penned column in the Metro, the free newspaper handed out mostly at subway stations, Anzalone announced he will no longer attend games as "Fireman Ed."

Anzalone became famous for leading the "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets" chants at home games while wearing a fireman's helmet.

Anzalone cited the coarsening of conditions at Jets games due to fans' anger at the team's struggles this season and the quarterback controversy between starter Mark Sanchez and backup Tim Tebow. Anzalone wears a Sanchez jersey to games and said he left Thursday's blowout loss to the New England Patriots** at halftime due to heckling.

(Read More:) http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets-hit-new-low-as-superfan--fireman-ed--quits-his-beloved-team-for-season-030828017.html

I guess it could be worse.... we could be Jets fans.

no no your hurting my brain with the thought of being a Jets fan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fireman Ed, New York Jets could be on outs after loss   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: