HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians   Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 am

Quote :
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) The Indianapolis Colts want offensive coordinator Bruce Arians to stick around a little longer.

They also understand he wants to become an NFL head coach.

On Thursday, the Colts said Arians had been granted permission to speak with the Chicago Bears about their head coaching vacancy, though it's unclear when the interview will take place because Indy (11-5) will face AFC North champion Baltimore (10-6) in a wild-card round game Sunday. The winner will go to either Denver or New England in the divisional round.

Chicago might not be the only team interested. There has been speculation that the San Diego Chargers want Arians, too, though the Colts haven't confirmed whether they received an interview request from the Chargers. And with five other jobs also open, Arians could be mentioned in those cities, too.

"We do not want to lose Bruce Arians. He's just, we know what he is and we know what he means to this organization and to this football team. So let me just say that first and foremost," Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Monday. "But you guys have seen him work over the last 12 weeks and you know him as a person and as a coach and I would just tell him that you're getting, or if you're interested in a guy you're getting a guy that's a great leader, a great football coach, a great man, and if that happened you'd be getting a great football coach."

Hmmm, during Arians' five seasons as Steelers OC and two Super Bowl appearances, not one team came knocking on Arians' door about becoming head coach. All I kept hearing Arians supporters say at the time was that Arians said he didn't want to be a head coach. Myth busted, I guess.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians   Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:31 pm

I think he was content being OC with the Steelers. However, I think the stint he had when Chuck was out in Indy may have changed his opinion as well as a few of his new found suitors.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:03 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
I think he was content being OC with the Steelers. However, I think the stint he had when Chuck was out in Indy may have changed his opinion as well as a few of his new found suitors.
I don't know, Truck. If he was happy just being an OC with the Steelers, why wouldn't he be happy just being an OC with the Colts? With Andrew Luck, the future is bright for the Colts offense. Arians was hated in Pittsburgh, but he's so popular in Indianapolis right now he could probably run for mayor and win. It seems to me he has a pretty good gig right now. I think it's more to the point that until this year, no other teams were interested in him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians   Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:46 pm

I think the stint as temporary HC when Chuck was ill may have changed his mind.

I also think that this will be his only year to become a HC. I think what you'll see down the road, if he remains OC in Indy, is a return to what made him hated in Pittsburgh.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians   

Back to top Go down

Colts give Bears permission to interview Arians
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: