HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Polllard says NFL should use replay on helmet-to-helmet hits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Polllard says NFL should use replay on helmet-to-helmet hits    Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Baltimore Ravens safety Bernard Pollard will likely get fined for his hit on Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne last Sunday, Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun reports.

Pollard said Tuesday that he hasn't heard anything from the league yet, but he isn't worried about the fine. It won't be the first and it probably won't be the last. Between Pollard and Ed Reed, it would be the sixth time this season that a Ravens safety has been fined for unnecessary roughness as part of the recent effort by the NFL to reduce head injuries

Pollard probably isn't going to get much sympathy, and he isn't asking for any. He does, however, think that the NFL needs to make helmet hits reviewable so that the defense only gets penalized when the hits are clearly illegal.

"They [replay] touchdowns, fumbles, turnovers, all this other stuff,'' Pollard said. "They need to have somebody up there to say, 'No, the hit was legal, the guy tried to dodge him, but the [receiver] ducked his head.' We make a lot of money. I'm talking about the NFL. Why can't we can't do that?"

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/32054/Polllard-says-NFL-should-use-replay-on-helmet-to-helmet-hits/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Polllard says NFL should use replay on helmet-to-helmet hits    Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 pm

Unfortunately the NFL has become more slanted towards the offense and those deemed more valuable to the league/team.

It use to be more balanced but when the faces of the league play offense, the offense is going to get protected.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down

Polllard says NFL should use replay on helmet-to-helmet hits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: