HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend   Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 am

Last week: 2-2 (.500)

Season record: 166-98 (.629)

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

San Francisco 49ers (12-4-1) at Atlanta Falcons (14-3), 3 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: Forget about first-time playoff performances. What Colin Kaepernick did against the Green Bay Packers will go down as the maybe the greatest performance by any quarterback in any playoff game -- period. If the Falcons can't come up with a better plan to defend him than the Packers, or at least make the adjustments that the Packers failed to make, the Georgia Dome will go quiet in a hurry.

The 49ers' biggest chore will be stopping the Falcons offense that put up 30 points on the stingiest defense in the league last week. But I ask you, do you really want to see the 49ers have a chance to tie the Steelers with six Super Bowl victories? Or have both Harbaughs in the Super Bowl? Well ...

Prediction: 49ers, 34-30

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Baltimore Ravens (12-6) at New England Patriots* (13-4), 6:30 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: Who will drop the pass this year to end the Ravens season? At what point will Joe Flacco make the throw that causes people to question his ability, never mind what he has been able to accomplish in the postseason?

Based on what has transpired the past two weeks, it's not going to happen.

More than any of the four remaining teams, the Ravens are the one that appear to have fate on their side, destiny in their future. It's not just the Ray Lewis thing that is starting to look a lot like what happened to the Steelers in 2005 with Jerome Bettis. They have big-time playmakers on every level of their offense and defense, guys who have an uncanny ability to change the game when it matters most. They will hang around the Patriots* like a dog waiting for table scraps, and then they will strike in some form of improbable way. Just ask the Broncos, who are still stunned.

Prediction: Ravens, 33-31

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/dulacs-picks/gerry-dulacs-nfl-forecast-championship-weekend-670511/#ixzz2I89yWzmC

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm

I like this guy

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:38 pm

I still don't see the Ravens beating the Pats* at least not while Tom Terrific is at the helm.

Strangely, I don't mind see the Ratbirds go to the big game as much as it irks me to see San Fran go. It probably has to do with the fact that I live among the 49er faithful. I don't want to hear "we have six"!

Oh well. This entire year has just plain sucked for me. Why not cap it off with a Harbaugh superbowl. Perfect sucky ending to a perfect sucky year.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend   Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats** win again, but (without trying to sound overconfident) this feels similar to the Super Bowl run in 2000. I think the Ravens play better when nobody expects them to win. They can't handle high expectations.

That said, they could be completely gassed going into this game.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend   Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Quote :

The only "gas" with regards to the Ravens is what is coming out of Ray Lewis' orifices

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend   Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 am

@JonM229 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats*** win again, but (without trying to sound overconfident) this feels similar to the Super Bowl run in 2000. I think the Ravens play better when nobody expects them to win. They can't handle high expectations.

Of the 4 remaining teams, the ratbirds are my 2nd pick to win the SB. I'd rather see Atlanta win it all and not have to deal with any of the AFC shenigans from the two remaining AFC teams.

However, if Atlanta doesn't have the balls to win it, I'd rather see a team like the ratbirds win it because at least they still play football and not some augmented version of it that Roger Goodell would rather see.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend   

Back to top Go down

Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Championship weekend
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: