HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Interesting article - we too need to address QB position

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Interesting article - we too need to address QB position   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Washington Redskins are now Kirk Cousin’s Team?

If I were to tell you that Robert Griffin III will never be the same after tearing his ACL for the second time, how would you respond? If I were to also tell you that Kirk Cousins will eventually be the starting quarterback for the Washington Redskins, would you believe me?

These are both legitimate questions that have to be asked when referring to the Redskins future QB situation. Cousins was a fourth-round draft pick by Washington, in which many questioned the decision at the time. However, it may end up being a very smart one. Knowing that Griffin has had knee injuries in the past, and knowing he is liable to take a lot of hits due to his running ability, it is good to have a back-up plan.

Cousins hasn’t disappointed when he’s gotten his opportunities either. He was thrown into a difficult situation in each game that he has played in. His first game was against the Atlanta Falcons when Griffin went out with a concussion. He entered the game late in third quarter, in a tightly contested match up, and threw a touchdown on his second possession. He followed that up with two interceptions as the Falcons eventually won, but once again an arduous situation to be placed in.

His second opportunity was versus theBaltimore Ravens where Griffin sprained his knee late in the fourth quarter. In comes Cousins. On the Redskins final drive he made a few big time throws, as he led them to a game tying touchdown and a two point conversion. The Redskins eventually won that game in overtime. Cousins started the next week against the Cleveland Browns and performed beautifully. In a must win game, he threw for 329 yards and two touchdowns leading to a victory.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/01/12/washington-redskins-are-now-kirk-cousins-team/?tlWLtoKAXJJ3ZjcS.99

I realize we have greater needs this season - but honestly I think the Steelers better start looking for another QB next year. Ben's health scares the crap out of me for one, and we need a reliable, good back up. Look at San Fran -- Smith gets injured and they have Kaepernick who is now leading them on the road to the superbowl. As much as I love CB, I don't think he has that same capability. As someone mentioned on this board in another post (I think it was solardave, but not sure), it wouldn't hurt Ben to have a little competition either.

I just think we better start think about that position soon before we have an injured Roethisberger and our season ends with a 4-12 record or worse.

Back to top Go down

Interesting article - we too need to address QB position
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: