HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonM229

PostSubject: Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 am

AP Source: Cardinals Hire Arians as Head Coach

Quote :
The Arizona Cardinals have filled the NFL's final head coaching vacancy by hiring Indianapolis offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.

The team confirmed the hiring in a release Thursday night, saying Arians received a four-year contract with a club option for a fifth year.

The 60-year-old longtime assistant went 9-3 as Colts interim head coach while Chuck Pagano was undergoing treatment for leukemia last season.

Arians arrived in Arizona on Wednesday night, had dinner with top team officials, then interviewed on Thursday and met with reporters to indicate his interest in the job.

He was offered and accepted the job Thursday night. Arians also was a finalist for the Chicago job that went to Marc Trestman.

Arians was the sixth known candidate interviewed to replace Ken Whisenhunt, who was fired after six seasons.

Whisenhunt was introduced on Thursday as the offensive coordinator for new head coach Mike McCoy in San Diego.

The Cardinals said Arians would be introduced as coach at a 3 p.m., EST news conference on Friday.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:49 am

just read the news looks like a first round QB for the Cardinals.

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 am

Redman to Arizona?

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:51 am

I think a lot of people are about to find out what the Steelers fanbase already knows. BA is not head coaching material.

In Indy, he had a team motivated by their ill coach. A team destined to be successful (at least until the playoffs), and actually somewhat talented. In Arizona I believe he's going to run in to a large problem - LACK OF TALENT.

Then again with BA being the head coach, he can't screw up the offense.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach   Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:51 am

@effyou515 wrote:
Redman to Arizona?

Rainey too?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach   Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:30 am

Starks and Foster

PostSubject: Re: Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach   

Back to top Go down

Arizona Steelers-Southwest Hire Bruce Arians as Head Coach
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: