HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm really liking Roode and Aries together. I'd like to see them working together for a while, although not as an official tag team. They're the two top heels right now, so at least one of them needs to be in the heavyweight title picture.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 am

Yeah, but I think TNA is trying to push them to the outs for awhile so they've put them together as a tag-team for now. Kind of hard to figure out what they are doing with Hardy as champion.

Personally, I'd like to see Cowboy James Storm get the title. They've kept him on the bring for too long now. He's earned the title and for some reason they keep screwing him out of it. I like Hardy but give it to someone else preferably not Roode or Aries.

Right now TNA doesn't have enough characters to substantiate a true reigning champion and until they do, they need to pass the belt about every 6-8 months.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Kind of hard to figure out what they are doing with Hardy as champion.
Yeah, I don't understand why they have their heavyweight champion wrestling first or in the middle of the card. It makes no sense. He's the champ, but he's treated like a mid-card wrestler.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:19 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see Cowboy James Storm get the title.
I didn't like Storm at first, but he's growing on me. I know he has been around a long time, but remember ... I had a long layoff from wrestling. Just getting back into it, a lot of these guys are new to me.

A few notes and observations from Thursday's Impact show:

1. Kazarian and Daniels are phenomenal. They were successful in getting Magnus over, but being in his home country, they could have brought out anyone to set that up. It seemed like a waste to have Kazarian and Daniels do the set up and then not get to wrestle.

2. I don't get the Joseph Park push at all. He's not great on the mic, he has no charisma, and he can't wrestle. Other than that, he's great.

3. Roode and Aries continue to be my favorites on the roster. There are a lot of similarities between Aries and C.M. Punk, but right now, I enjoy Aries more than Punk.

4. I thought Velvet Skye was horrible at first, but she's growing on me. She was always great to look at ... I'm talking wrestling ability. I'd like to see Jesse get more of a push. He reminds me a little of Buff Bagwell.

5. Hogan reinstated Bully. I'm shocked. No, really, I am.

6. They do a show in the UK and don't bother to bring their heavyweight champion. That makes no sense at all. I really don't like how they're using Hardy. Your heavyweight champion shouldn't be a midcard performer and an afterthought.

7. They need to work on their production a little bit. Too often, entrances get interrupted by commercials. I like to see guys get introduced and hear their music. One guy gets introduced, they go to commercial, then they come back and the other guy is already in the ring.

8. I don't understand the Aces & Eights angle at all. They're built up as an invading force like the NWO, but they lose just about every match. Devon isn't strong enough to carry them. Mr. Anderson helps a little, but not enough. Doc and Knox? Please. As a group. they're just not intimidating enough. What was the point of having Taz join the group? Other than having him be a heel announcer, he isn't adding anything to the group.

9. I enjoyed the Angle and Anderson cage match. It was kind of weak as far as cage matches go, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

10. They need a new announcer. Tenay sucks. I hated him in WCW, and he's no better in TNA. They call him the Professor, and that's an appropriate name ... listening to him is like sitting through a boring college lecture. They need to get excited about the matches. Think J.R. ... "HE BROKE HIM IN HALF!!" .... or Joey Styles ... "OH MY GOD!!!" ... they need someone who can show some emotion. Taz is better than Tenay, but only slightly.

11. I liked seeing Sting in the throwback robe.

12. Is Hogan's music a rip-off of the old NWO music?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:00 pm

I really enjoyed the Roode vs. Aries match Thursday. The "finger poke of doom" bit was hysterical, especially with Hogan in attendance. They should have had him come out and say, "NO! NO! That's a BS way to end a match. It's not happening. You two are going to fight." I would have marked out for that.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 am

Did TNA tip its hand on the leader of Aces & Eights with the Styles promo? I sure hope Styles isn't the leader, but whoever it is, we should be finding out soon.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm

I don't think so. The guy was too big to be AJ Styles. I'm wondering if it's Park, but that wouldn't make sense. Could be Somoa Joe. Possibly even Bully Ray - now that would be an awesome twist.

Now that I've caught up on the last two weeks of TNA here's my list:
1. The Aces & Eights is getting better. Certainly better than what the WWE is doing with The Shield.

2. I don't understand why Bully Ray got the nod for the title and that's what makes me think he's in with Aces & Eights. Like you said earlier, Devon can't sustain the group as a leader. But I believe Bully Ray certainly could.

3. I like the fact that RVD is no longer the X-Division champ.

4. I did like the new gut check challenge females they had. The one girl, former MMA fighter (or at least tagged as such), looked impressive.

5. They certainly need to change the direction of their tag team champions. With two teams acting like one person should be the leader over another - it wreaks of Team Hell No of the WWE.

6. I'd like to see Matt Morgan and Magnus get pushed in 2013.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I don't think so. The guy was too big to be AJ Styles. I'm wondering if it's Park, but that wouldn't make sense. Could be Somoa Joe. Possibly even Bully Ray - now that would be an awesome twist.
I suspected Bully early on, but it seems like too much of an obvious twist. Plus, he was in a match when Angle went into A&E's hangout. Joe is a possibility. I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be Park. I'm hoping they do a split personality angle with him. Park vs. Abyss. One of them always fails to show up. I was kind of hoping that the A&E leader would end up being someone like Goldberg ... someone with name recognition who would really shake things up. Anyone currently on the roster would be anti-climatic at this point.

@stlrtruck wrote:
1. The Aces & Eights is getting better. Certainly better than what the WWE is doing with The Shield.
A&E has gotten slightly better in recent weeks. For a long time the group was horrible. A bunch of mid-carders who lost every match. Hardly the dominant faction they've been billed as. If they hit a home run with the leader, then the angle should get really good. If the reveal is a letdown, then they should just bury it.

@stlrtruck wrote:
2. I don't understand why Bully Ray got the nod for the title and that's what makes me think he's in with Aces & Eights. Like you said earlier, Devon can't sustain the group as a leader. But I believe Bully Ray certainly could.
I could be wrong, but I think Bully getting a title shot kind of brings closure to his angle with Hulk. It was all about Bully wanting Hulk's respect, and he finally got it. At least I hope that's all the title shot means. Him being a member of A&E would be too obvious.

@stlrtruck wrote:
3. I like the fact that RVD is no longer the X-Division champ.
Yeah, me too. At least it's slightly different now. The X-Division has gotten stale. King and RVD have been in too many matches together lately. They always do the same spots, and it's just the same match over and over. They need some new blood.

@stlrtruck wrote:
4. I did like the new gut check challenge females they had. The one girl, former MMA fighter (or at least tagged as such), looked impressive.
She reminds me a little of Lita, who is my all-time favorite female wrestler. I wasn't impressed with her as I thought I would be, but I think it was because of her opponent. Two completely different styles.

@stlrtruck wrote:
5. They certainly need to change the direction of their tag team champions. With two teams acting like one person should be the leader over another - it wreaks of Team Hell No of the WWE.
I actually like Roode and Aries together, although I like it more when they keep the humor confined to backstage. They're the top two heels right now, and I don't like seeing them portrayed as buffoons. Being funny and entertaining is fine, but don't be clowns. Less is more. As for the other tag teams, I've noticed that both TNA and WWE have all but abandoned their tag teams. They still have tag teams obviously, but they don't seem to focus on them like they used to.

@stlrtruck wrote:
6. I'd like to see Matt Morgan and Magnus get pushed in 2013.
I've seen Magnus only a few times, and Morgan hasn't been used much since I've been watching. I don't have much of an opinion on either of them yet.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:52 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
I suspected Bully early on, but it seems like too much of an obvious twist. Plus, he was in a match when Angle went into A&E's hangout. Joe is a possibility. I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be Park. I'm hoping they do a split personality angle with him. Park vs. Abyss. One of them always fails to show up. I was kind of hoping that the A&E leader would end up being someone like Goldberg ... someone with name recognition who would really shake things up. Anyone currently on the roster would be anti-climatic at this point.

Having Goldberg come back would be a huge twist to the plot. Especially since TNA doesn't have someone of that impact on the roster right now. I'm trying to think of who else it would be that would shock Angle. I could see it being Jeff Jarrett too, but again the guy was too big for that. I don't know anyone else of the size of the guy, but they could be wearing a body suit.

@Wallace108 wrote:
A&E has gotten slightly better in recent weeks. For a long time the group was horrible. A bunch of mid-carders who lost every match. Hardly the dominant faction they've been billed as. If they hit a home run with the leader, then the angle should get really good. If the reveal is a letdown, then they should just bury it.
It's going to be hard to just 'bury it' regardless of who the leader is of the group. They're going to have to play it out, and figure out how to oust the group or disband it.

@Wallace108 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think Bully getting a title shot kind of brings closure to his angle with Hulk. It was all about Bully wanting Hulk's respect, and he finally got it. At least I hope that's all the title shot means. Him being a member of A&E would be too obvious.
It might be obvious, but it would also reunite one of the most dominating tag teams in wrestling history.

@Wallace108 wrote:
Yeah, me too. At least it's slightly different now. The X-Division has gotten stale. King and RVD have been in too many matches together lately. They always do the same spots, and it's just the same match over and over. They need some new blood.
The X-Division just doesn't have the sticking power right now. I was never big on RVD, he's always been more of a low main eventer.

@Wallace108 wrote:
She reminds me a little of Lita, who is my all-time favorite female wrestler. I wasn't impressed with her as I thought I would be, but I think it was because of her opponent. Two completely different styles.
Nice comparison. I'd say she's a bit sexier than Lita, maybe because of the lack of full length tattoos. It might also be the MMA background. I think TNA is trying to mix it up with bringing in some different athletes. It certainly ups the talent, but they need to stop bringing in mid-card athletes and get some big names in the ring. The problem being that there aren't really any big names out there right now. They need to create one.

@Wallace108 wrote:
I actually like Roode and Aries together, although I like it more when they keep the humor confined to backstage. They're the top two heels right now, and I don't like seeing them portrayed as buffoons. Being funny and entertaining is fine, but don't be clowns. Less is more. As for the other tag teams, I've noticed that both TNA and WWE have all but abandoned their tag teams. They still have tag teams obviously, but they don't seem to focus on them like they used to.
I agree, keep the shenigans backstage and let them do what they do in the ring and do it well without acting like fools. I think Aries and Roode could be a very dominant tag team

@Wallace108 wrote:
I've seen Magnus only a few times, and Morgan hasn't been used much since I've been watching. I don't have much of an opinion on either of them yet.
Morgan has been out with an injury but I haven't figured out to what extent his injuries go. He can be dominant and I thought last year they were going to push him, but they haven't. Magnus has the Randy Orton type demeanor and I think he could help bolster and older TNA roster if they used him correctly.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:53 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
I think Aries and Roode could be a very dominant tag team
I'm mixed on them working as a tag team. On the one hand, they're great together and play off each other well. On the other hand, TNA lacks main event heels, and they're the top two heels in the company. If they throw Morgan into the main event mix, hit a home run with the A&E leader, or turn someone else heel, that would enable Roode and Aries to stay a team for a while. But if they strike out with those possibilities, there might be a need for Aries and Roode to separate and fill that role sooner rather than later.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:37 pm

D'Lo Brown? Really? REALLY?

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:22 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

But throwing Bully Ray as the President, I knew something had to be up, and while he wasn't the VP, he came back to his roots as the bad guy.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

But throwing Bully Ray as the President, I knew something had to be up, and while he wasn't the VP, he came back to his roots as the bad guy.
I don't watch the PPVs, but I read about Bully's turn. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out Thursday and where they go from here. It was rather obvious, but it was the right decision. Bully is better as a heel, and it fits the story line.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:05 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

I don't watch the PPVs, but I read about Bully's turn. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out Thursday and where they go from here. It was rather obvious, but it was the right decision. Bully is better as a heel, and it fits the story line.

He also makes sense as the leader of Aces and 8's. There really wasn't anyone else on the roster who could take over that responsibility and play it out. And you're right Bully is better off as a heel.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Loved tonight's show. From top to bottom, the best rasslin' show I've seen in a long time. It was far from perfect, but it was far and away better than anything I've seen from WWE since I've started watching again.

Negatives
*I still can't stand the announcers. Other than when Taz is talking about Aces & Eights, they seem disinterested in the matches much of the time. They need somebody with some passion.

*I don't know the technical term for it, but they need to improve their cuts. They cut away from things too quickly and go to something else. They need smoother transitions.

*The show needed one more match. With the Bully reveal from the PPV, I understand all the A&E segments, so the lack of wrestling tonight was understandable. But going forward, I hope they learned from the NWO mistakes and make A&E a part of the show, not THE show. Also, they need to keep the group exclusive and not start adding more members.

Positives
*The Aces & Eights are finally relevant. I marked out when Bully mentioned the NWO in the opening promo. It's amazing how the group went from pathetic to bad ass with just the addition of Bully. Now that the group actually means something, lets hope they don't run it into the ground.

*A popular theory is that AJ Styles will be used much like Sting was used during the NWO angle. It appears that that he'll be used in a similar role, but not exactly the same. I liked his return. Much like Sting, AJ's return was mysterious, and we're left wondering where he stands and what he'll do. It feels similar to the Sting angle, but different enough that it's not a total rip-off. The only thing I didn't like about his appearance, which I touched on above, is that they cut away from him too quickly and went to a different segment. The camera should have stayed with him until he left. Maybe even follow him backstage, and end the segment by having him attack the cameraman (or at least threatening him to go away). And the announcers should have reacted to it and treated his return as a big deal, which it was. By cutting away so quickly, it took away some of the impact.

*Loved Aries' and Roode's shirts ... Dirty Heels. Reminded me of the Job Squad shirts. I dig that inside stuff.

*Hogan lashing out at Sting was really good. I was really hoping to see them work an NWO mention into it though, especially after Bully did it earlier. We know the history of Sting, Hogan and the NWO. It would have been cool to see one of them mention it in reference to what Aces & Eights are doing. But I really can't complain ... it was a good segment.

*Matt Morgan was good. I hope they don't put him with Aces & Eights. I see him more as a loose cannon.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:38 am

Finally got to see the recording of the show and here's my take:

1. Bully's opening promo was awesome. Rallying Aces & 8's and challenging Hogan's authority. I believe TNA has put Bully back in his rightful place - heel!

2. Sting & Hogan going at it was ok, but they need to unit them to give Aces & 8's a more solid competition.

3. I feel Matt Morgan could become what Randy Orton use to be to WWE. The wild card that just goes out of his way to kick anyone and everyone's arse. Unfortunately, they haven't utilized him well at all.

4. I'd like to see Aries and Roode perform better as tag team champions. I hate the idiocy stuff.

5. TNA has to find a formidable foe for Aces & 8's, because without they will ruin the foundation they just laid down.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
1. Bully's opening promo was awesome. Rallying Aces & 8's and challenging Hogan's authority. I believe TNA has put Bully back in his rightful place - heel!
Agreed. It was a long time coming, but they finally got the angle where it needed to be.

@stlrtruck wrote:
2. Sting & Hogan going at it was ok, but they need to unit them to give Aces & 8's a more solid competition.
Right now, I don't think A&E should have competition. They need to be dominant for a while, and TNA should be in chaos. It should have been that way from the beginning, but oh well, they're there now. If TNA is united and gives them competition right now, it makes A&E nothing more than just a heel faction. They need to cause some chaos and destruction for a while. Then TNA eventually unites and takes them down, probably led by A.J. Styles.

@stlrtruck wrote:
3. I feel Matt Morgan could become what Randy Orton use to be to WWE. The wild card that just goes out of his way to kick anyone and everyone's arse. Unfortunately, they haven't utilized him well at all.
I didn't get to see Orton's run, but I get what you're saying. And yeah, they haven't used Morgan well at all. He seems to have all the tools to be a huge star.

@stlrtruck wrote:
4. I'd like to see Aries and Roode perform better as tag team champions. I hate the idiocy stuff.
As I've said before, I enjoy the way they play off each other. The comedy is good, but I'd rather see it done more in a cool way rather than a wimpy way. More like DX and less like the Rock and Sock Connection.

@stlrtruck wrote:
5. TNA has to find a formidable foe for Aces & 8's, because without they will ruin the foundation they just laid down.
In an odd sort of way, the angle really began this week. Everything else just kind of led up to it. It was a LONG buildup, but the meat of the angle starts now. They've handled the angle poorly up to this point. Now they have a chance to do it right. Just like with any story, the bad guys have to get the upper hand and bring the good guys to the edge of defeat. Then the good guys rally and save the day. Right now, it looks like they're setting A.J. up to be the eventual savior. With Sting and Hogan, they have two guys with influence who were heavily involved with the NWO angle, so they should have learned from the mistakes that were made during that run. This angle could very well determine if TNA rises up to challenge WWE or if it stays just a second-rate company.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 pm

So I'm caught up on TNA and here's what I think about what's happening now and what I'd like to see happen:

1. They do a whole how Bully Ray played Hogan & Sting
2. Starting to push Magnus
3. Tag Team taking a main stage once again

WANT TO SEE:
1. Matt Morgan getting a bigger push
2. Aces & 8's to continue to have a huge impact on the Impact Roster, but they need to attack both good and heel wrestlers to show they are only there to worry about their own team
3. Aces & 8's to recruit a few other wrestlers, maybe even Matt Morgan or Magnus, only to have them turn and eventually destroy them
4. A younger champion

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 am

Been awhile since I've been able to put things together on TNA, but here's what I've got (now that I'm caught up again).

One, I like the fact that TNA has allowed certain titles to change hands on National TV. It keeps it interesting. You can tell it's made an impact because WWE has done it as well.

Two, Aces & 8's is still riding shotgun over Impact Wrestling and they're turning it up. It's nice to see that it's not just a temporary run but they're truly allowing this 'takeover' to fill in for a lack of roster members.

Three, the fact that good guys and bad guys have even talked about teaming up to get rid of Aces and 8's tells you how they're running the show.

Four, the Impact wrestlers are getting better at running promos on each others.

Five, the tag team division is also helping keep Impact alive. The variety of tag teams they have are impressive. But really, I'd like to see Aces & 8's when the tag team titles and hold serve over Impact for a little while longer.

Six, I believe the Diva's are stronger in TNA than in WWE, but to be honest I get tired of all the sexual tension crap they do with the girls in Impact. They seem to focus more on that, than they do the talent in the ring.

Seven, Impact has a few wrestlers on the roster they aren't using properly. Case in point, Matt Morgan.

Eight, the return of Sting will only help the progression of Ace & 8's to the point of their demise. I believe you'll see Sting and Hogan make up in the coming weeks and they'll deploy a plan to end the Aces & 8's run.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm

I haven't watched last week's show yet, but the previous few weeks have taken a bit of a downturn. A lot of forced and overly long promos.

@stlrtruck wrote:
One, I like the fact that TNA has allowed certain titles to change hands on National TV. It keeps it interesting. You can tell it's made an impact because WWE has done it as well.
Yeah, I always hated that the major promotions stopped (almost completely) having major titles change hands on TV. I understand why they did it that way ... to make PPVs seem bigger and to get more fans to buy them. But to me, it devalued the TV matches. You watched knowing the titles wouldn't change hands. Too predictable.

@stlrtruck wrote:
Two, Aces & 8's is still riding shotgun over Impact Wrestling and they're turning it up. It's nice to see that it's not just a temporary run but they're truly allowing this 'takeover' to fill in for a lack of roster members.
The A&E angle is a lot better than it was, but the one thing that bothers me is its lack of strength. I'd like to see them dump a couple of the lesser guys and pick up maybe two menacing members, like Aries or Roode, or maybe Morgan or Rob Terry. It just seems too implausible that they could cause the mayhem they're currently causing. The fact that A&E really isn't that strong and there are more and better wrestlers on the TNA roster and all they'd have to do is stand watch for attacks during matches, it makes what's happening too unbelievable. Seriously ... if someone like Storm or Angle are in a match, why wouldn't all the other guys be ready to hit the ring at the first sign of an A&E attack? Compare the current angle to the NWO. Back then, the NWO was so strong (and eventually became too strong) that it was able to repel any counter attack from the WCW roster. In the early days of the angle, the NWO was just strong enough to make it believable that the WCW roster couldn't do anything against them. The A&E angle just isn't believable. Hardy, Sting, Angle, Storm, Magnus, Joe, and the others should tear A&E up.

@stlrtruck wrote:
Four, the Impact wrestlers are getting better at running promos on each others.
The promos had gotten really good, but they've been horrible the past few weeks for some reason. Not sure what's going on, but even Roode and Aries (who've I've been high on) have been bad.

@stlrtruck wrote:
Five, the tag team division is also helping keep Impact alive. The variety of tag teams they have are impressive. But really, I'd like to see Aces & 8's when the tag team titles and hold serve over Impact for a little while longer.
Yeah, I'm not sure why they haven't thrown Bischoff and Brisco into the tag division.

@stlrtruck wrote:
Six, I believe the Diva's are stronger in TNA than in WWE, but to be honest I get tired of all the sexual tension crap they do with the girls in Impact. They seem to focus more on that, than they do the talent in the ring.
As far as wrestling goes, TNA has done a much better job with the Knockouts than WWE ever did with the Divas. TNA treats the women as a legitimate division, not just eye candy. It seems like they're moving a little more toward what WWE was doing during the Attitude era in terms of turning up the sexiness (the Knockouts even just got their own website), but I don't think they've gone nearly as far as WWE did, and like I said, they're still focused on the actual wrestling and don't treat them as just eye candy.

@stlrtruck wrote:
Seven, Impact has a few wrestlers on the roster they aren't using properly. Case in point, Matt Morgan.
Agreed. One week they'll tease more exposure, then just drop it. They keep doing it with Morgan. They recently did it with Joey Ryan, who I think has some potential. I don't get it. They have trouble allowing guys to build up any momentum.

@stlrtruck wrote:
Eight, the return of Sting will only help the progression of Ace & 8's to the point of their demise. I believe you'll see Sting and Hogan make up in the coming weeks and they'll deploy a plan to end the Aces & 8's run.
Sting and Hogan will obviously be a part of the demise of A&E, but I'd prefer to see some newer guys eventually lead the way. Well, newer compared to Hogan and Sting.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:56 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
The A&E angle is a lot better than it was, but the one thing that bothers me is its lack of strength. I'd like to see them dump a couple of the lesser guys and pick up maybe two menacing members, like Aries or Roode, or maybe Morgan or Rob Terry. It just seems too implausible that they could cause the mayhem they're currently causing. The fact that A&E really isn't that strong and there are more and better wrestlers on the TNA roster and all they'd have to do is stand watch for attacks during matches, it makes what's happening too unbelievable. Seriously ... if someone like Storm or Angle are in a match, why wouldn't all the other guys be ready to hit the ring at the first sign of an A&E attack? Compare the current angle to the NWO. Back then, the NWO was so strong (and eventually became too strong) that it was able to repel any counter attack from the WCW roster. In the early days of the angle, the NWO was just strong enough to make it believable that the WCW roster couldn't do anything against them. The A&E angle just isn't believable. Hardy, Sting, Angle, Storm, Magnus, Joe, and the others should tear A&E up.
But the problem is that the TNA roster isn't organized. They are fighting amongst themselves (so to speak) and you can see it on the promos and in the ring. So it makes since that A&8 can run shotgun over the roster - at least until they can get organized. Then A&8 will need to either get stronger or disperse.

@Wallace108 wrote:

The promos had gotten really good, but they've been horrible the past few weeks for some reason. Not sure what's going on, but even Roode and Aries (who've I've been high on) have been bad.
Considering they've been weak for awhile, you can't have it strong every week. However, you would think that Hogan being the promo cutter he was would teach these guys how to cut a promo better than what they've been doing.

@Wallace108 wrote:
As far as wrestling goes, TNA has done a much better job with the Knockouts than WWE ever did with the Divas. TNA treats the women as a legitimate division, not just eye candy. It seems like they're moving a little more toward what WWE was doing during the Attitude era in terms of turning up the sexiness (the Knockouts even just got their own website), but I don't think they've gone nearly as far as WWE did, and like I said, they're still focused on the actual wrestling and don't treat them as just eye candy.
They've done better, but they can still do better. TNA has always had their knockouts dress a lot more provactively. It's just a nuisance for me.

@Wallace108 wrote:
Agreed. One week they'll tease more exposure, then just drop it. They keep doing it with Morgan. They recently did it with Joey Ryan, who I think has some potential. I don't get it. They have trouble allowing guys to build up any momentum.
With that roster, they should be able to coordinate some better matches. It makes me wonder if Matt Morgan is still nursing some injuries and it also makes me wonder if some of the younger talented guys aren't on solid contracts so they can't push them.

@Wallace108 wrote:
Sting and Hogan will obviously be a part of the demise of A&E, but I'd prefer to see some newer guys eventually lead the way. Well, newer compared to Hogan and Sting.
And this is the other part that makes me wonder about guys under contract on the roster. I don't mind Hogan the GM, but he's got to stay out of the ring. The fact that Bully Ray didn't shrivel away from in the ring on the last show was awesome. It's exactly the force he needed to show for A&8 to have standing power.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 am

I finally watched last week's show. From beginning to end, it was a solid show. Not great, but solid. Just a few complaints:

1. With the Knockouts title match on the card, I would rather have seen an X Division match instead of the Tara-Taryn match.

2. Yeah, Bully stood up to Hogan ... but then got pummeled and bailed. All that did was make Bully, and A&E later, look weak. It would have made more sense for Bully to pummel Hogan, and then have Sting make the save. Actually, I really wish it wasn't Sting who made the save. When the lights went out, I was fully expecting it to be Styles. They could have done the same angle with him .... he saves Hogan, drives off A&E, and then "threatens" Hogan. It would have furthered the angle of him being the power player. Instead, we get Sting as the power player ... the same role he played during the NWO angle. That worked 20 years ago, but it doesn't work now. Over the past month, I've watched A&E destroy the best talent TNA has to offer. Last night, I watched a former wrestler who will soon be 60 and a 54-year-old wrestler who can still go but is way past his prime drive off what they're trying to bill as the most destructive force in wrestling today. Yoi!!

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wed May 01, 2013 8:47 am

I like your angle on having AJ be the power player, but let's throw in Matt Morgan too. Here's another angle, have Morgan and/or AJ join A&8's, play the part for about 6 months, only to have them destroy from the inside-out.

I think TNA is going to push Sting a bit longer as the saviour of Impact wrestling, but it will soon give way to the younger members on the roster. It has to, or people will begin shaking their head, pointing, and laughing at the over the hill roster they've got as the main players. Just like they did when Hogan came back to TNA as a 'wrestler' and the fans knew he couldn't hang with the younger crowd.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sat May 04, 2013 4:00 am

It looks like D-Lo could be out of A&E. If so, TNA presented, either intentionally or unintentionally, the perfect replacement ... Matt Morgan.

Truck, you've been saying for a while how Morgan is underused, and I agree. And I said this last week:

@Wallace108 wrote:
The A&E angle is a lot better than it was, but the one thing that bothers me is its lack of strength. I'd like to see them dump a couple of the lesser guys and pick up maybe two menacing members, like Aries or Roode, or maybe Morgan or Rob Terry.

So if they're dumping a lesser member (D-Lo), adding Morgan makes perfect sense. Here's why:

1. He'd be in the spotlight, as he should be.
2. He's a monster who would radically increase the intimidation factor of A&E.
3. It actually fits with the story line. For a long time, Morgan has been criticizing Hogan for making mistake after mistake. This Thursday, he proposed a deal to Hogan ... make him the No. 1 contender, and he'll destroy A&E. Hogan refused. So if Morgan joins A&E and starts destroying TNA, he could point out that not only was it one more mistake by Hogan, it was his BIGGEST mistake.

By making Morgan a member of A&E, TNA has the opportunity to make both Morgan and A&E dominant forces, all while furthering an existing story line. Let A&E, led by Bully and Morgan, run roughshod over TNA for about 4 to 6 months. Then TNA regroups, led by the usual suspects, and one of them defeats Bully for the title. TNA thinks they've won the war, but they only won a battle. Morgan then quickly wins the title and puts A&E back on top. After a dominating reign by Morgan, Styles, who has been indifferent and even attacking TNA members, joins TNA and defeats Morgan, thus starting the demise of A&E.

Having Morgan join A&E makes perfect sense. And that's why it probably won't happen. They'll out-think themselves.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Fantastic show last night. The only spot I could have done without was the Storm/Gunner and Robbie E/Jesse showdown. Other than that, one of the best shows in a while. The Suicide swerve was one of the best single-episode angles I've seen in a long, long time. They could have stretched that angle out over a longer period of time rather than going for a quick reveal, but the Bully Ray/Aries promos should more than make up for it.

I like the return of the Main Event Mafia, but it's rather silly in the current storyline. Let me get this straight ... Sting and Angle, who have been on each other's side from the beginning, were constantly getting their asses handed to them by Aces and Eights. Then simply putting on suits and calling themselves a family suddenly gives them the upper hand? Uh, OK.  

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: Pro Wrestling-
Jump to: