HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 pm

A couple random comments ...

I haven't read spoilers for the latest tapings, so I'm curious where they're going with all the titles. My guess is they will unify them. I hope so, because there are way too many. I hope they scrap the grand championship and replace it with the GFW next gen title. I also guess that once the titles are unified, they'll be called IW titles. For the casual viewer, it has to be confusing tuning in to Impact Wrestling and seeing all these TNA and GFW titles. They're not doing a good job of explaining what's going on. Heck, even we don't know for sure exactly what's going on.

I wish they'd keep developing wrestlers off TV. Ava Storie was horrendous. She looked like she just started wrestling last month. There are plenty of decent women on the indie scene who can be brought in to feed to the veterans until the roster is built up. Wrestlers like Ava need to learn what they're doing before being thrown on TV. Same goes for Brandi Rhodes.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 am

So here we go for this week's show:

Eddie Edwards vs. Matt Sydal: I thought this was a great match. Showed off some good talent. More importantly I'm thankful there was no interference and the attack from Love & Richards happened post match.

GFW Woman's Championship: Sienna vs. Erie: Not all that great of a match and after last week's interaction with Karen Jarrett, it just felt like Sienna was going to get the push. And she did.

Morgan vs. Magnus for the GFW Heavyweight Championship: This match had so much great potential and it just felt like it was thrown together without thought about some potential future runs. Magnus obtained his title (albeit with a low blow), no surprise there.

El Patron vs. Your Favorite - Eli Drake: Drake does have a ring presence IW hasn't had in awhile. They have some workers, but watcching Eli move about the ringt has an old school feel to it. Drake took every opportunity to show off his ability to work, even without Tyrus by his side - Dummy! Patron ended up winning the match but Eli Drake has shown me enough to earn a push from IW towards the top.

Here's a few players I'd like to see used in greater storylines:
Eli Drake
James Storm
EC3
Matt Morgan
Chris Adonis
Bram
Davey Richards (get out from this battle with Edwards, maybe make a run at one of the GFW titles en route to unification).

Things theed to bring an end to immediately:
JB vs. Josh announcers feud: Just get it over with, remove Josh and make him a manager of a heel stable.
Edwards vs. Richards: This is ridiculous, it should've ended by now, and I thought it did with their last match
Multiple Championships: They need a storyline to unify the titles. I don't think they should all be IW or GFW, but instead an inter-woven mix of titles.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri May 12, 2017 10:39 am

Ugh. I'm so far behind on everything. I might have to eliminate one if the WWE shows because with everything going on in my life, I'm barely finding time to watch everything, much less analyze it. And we've got LU starting back up soon.

One quick comment. It's too bad IW already used the following song for Doll House, because it would be perfect for Laurel ...

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am

Looking at last week's show here are my thoughts:

1. Bring an end to this Josh vs. JB feud. It's ridiculous and unnecessary. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh physically assaults JB while he's part of the crowd and JB earns his spot back at the announcers table. Would love for Josh to leave the table and become a manager of an elite stable to include EC3, Drake, Tyrus, Adonis, Richards, and Angelina Love

2. According to the old man, X-Division is going to be the main focus of IW once again. I'm not sure if this is going to be able to carry the company but it certainly is better than trying to compete straight up with WWE.

3. The story lines aren't fulfilling. They need to get Laura figured out. I'd like to see her team up with Rosemary, and bring Konga Kong with her. an updated version of decay.

4. VOW vs. LAX. Look for VOW to win the tag team titles and that right soon.

5. Storm vs. EC3. This is going to be the #1 Contender match moving forward. It would be nice if they make the loser the contender for the GFW title. Then have them fight for what would become the 'Unification' match. I'd like to see Cowboy get his push, but chances are IW is going to stick with EC3.

6. Magnus vs. El Patron. Well so much for Magnus representing GFW while at IW. Magnus, IMO, still lacks an in-ring presence and it shows when he's working with someone like El Patron. While Patron has a great presence he can't carry someone like Magnus when Magnus isn't on his level. Maybe that's why they passed the title on to El Patron. But in reality, I believe it was to have El Patron and Lashley unify the titles.

I'm not sure what they're plans are for Matt Morgan. Maybe he was just there for JB to use in the feud. However, it's a terrible waste of talent if they let him go again.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 12:35 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
1. Bring an end to this Josh vs. JB feud.  It's ridiculous and unnecessary.  I wouldn't be surprised if Josh physically assaults JB while he's part of the crowd and JB earns his spot back at the announcers table.  Would love for Josh to leave the table and become a manager of an elite stable to include EC3, Drake, Tyrus, Adonis, Richards, and Angelina Love

Agreed.

I'd be OK with an extended feud if it didn't dominate the entire show and overshadow the matches. The feud is referenced in some way in almost every match ... either from "out of nowhere" comments from Josh or taunting from JB. And while JB is supposed to be the face, I find his antics every bit as annoying as Josh's comments. This feud isn't doing either of them any favors.

@stlrtruck wrote:
2. According to the old man, X-Division is going to be the main focus of IW once again.  I'm not sure if this is going to be able to carry the company but it certainly is better than trying to compete straight up with WWE.

Before there was a TNA or X-Division, WCW brought that style of wrestling mainstream with its Cruiserweight Division. Just to clarify, I'm certainly not suggesting that WCW created that style of wrestling ... but they were the first (to my knowledge) to put it on a national platform. As great as the Cruiserweight Division was, the X-Division took it to a new level. But that was 15 years ago. Today, that style of wrestling is found in almost every promotion. And national promotions like ROH, NJPW, and LU do it better than IW. I applaud IW for putting more focus on the division, but it's not going to stand out the way it did in 2002. For it to be successful, they need to put just as much work into building great characters and storylines as they do the matches themselves, especially since IW, like WWE, employs a safer form of wrestling than other promotions.

@stlrtruck wrote:
3. The story lines aren't fulfilling.  They need to get Laura figured out.  I'd like to see her team up with Rosemary, and bring Konga Kong with her. an updated version of decay.

4. VOW vs. LAX.  Look for VOW to win the tag team titles and that right soon.

I actually like Laurel's character. I think she does a great job with it. But they do need to give her a better direction. She should be focused solely on Allie. As far as teaming her up with Rosemary, other than the fact that they both play eccentric characters, I don't see much connection between them. It would be like teaming Bray Wyatt up with former WWE wrestler Eugene ... two eccentric characters, but nothing connects them. Rosemary is the dark Demon Assassin. Laurel is just a drunk mess.

I don't see LAX losing the titles anytime soon. They're badass and really over right now. I think IW rushed the feud between LAX and VOW. There should have been a huge buildup before they square off in a match.

Speaking of Rosemary and LAX, I loved how she was lurking from above during LAX's match. It reminded me of how Sting used to lurk during the NWO matches. Since I've stayed away from spoilers, I have no idea where they're going with her, but I hope they have something big planned. Normally, she'd fly solo at this point, but she certainly can't take on LAX by herself. So if they plan on building a new Decay, they'll have to bring in someone new because I don't see anyone on the current roster fitting the role. I'd love to seem them bring in Jimmy Havoc as a new member of Decay. He was actually involved with Decay during a short angle a few years ago when they were in Britain ... he had some kind of history with Rosemary and was trying to rekindle their relationship. He got hurt though, and the angle was dropped. If you don't know who he is, this is Jimmy Havoc: http://orig15.deviantart.net/3ea1/f/2016/248/7/d/jimmy_havoc_sanity_by_shivammathers-dagjnht.png

A couple segments from the short-lived angle ...

@stlrtruck wrote:
5. Storm vs. EC3.  This is going to be the #1 Contender match moving forward.  It would be nice if they make the loser the contender for the GFW title.  Then have them fight for what would become the 'Unification' match.  I'd like to see Cowboy get his push, but chances are IW is going to stick with EC3.

I'm honestly not sure where they're going with Storm and EC3. They're obviously pushing EC3 as anti-Impact, so I can see him losing to Storm and being pushed further over the edge. But I can also see them pushing EC3 as the No. 1 contender. I took the long road toward saying "I have no idea."  

@stlrtruck wrote:
6. Magnus vs. El Patron.  Well so much for Magnus representing GFW while at IW.  Magnus, IMO, still lacks an in-ring presence and it shows when he's working with someone like El Patron.  While Patron has a great presence he can't carry someone like Magnus when Magnus isn't on his level.  Maybe that's why they passed the title on to El Patron.  But in reality, I believe it was to have El Patron and Lashley unify the titles.

I agree with you on Magnus. He's got tons of talent, but there's something missing. He lacks the "it" factor.

@stlrtruck wrote:
I'm not sure what they're plans are for Matt Morgan.  Maybe he was just there for JB to use in the feud.  However, it's a terrible waste of talent if they let him go again.

I suspect Morgan is there to beef up the roster and be an enhancement talent to help put other guys over. I can see them giving him a short title reign down the road, but at his age (40), they're not going to make him the face of the company.

Unrelated to the show, but an interesting tweet from Dutch Mantell ...

That's one of my pet peeves ... when someone has something important to tell you but instead of just telling you, they give you a cryptic cliffhanger. ... "DUDE! I've got some major news for you. You are NOT going to believe this. I'll tell you tomorrow." ... Uh, how about not saying anything until you can actually tell me so my mind isn't racing through a million possibilities, of which none will be accurate.

Speculation is this might have something to do with the Broken Universe. The speculation is also that it's something positive. I'm not sure. Do you shake your head over positive news? You usually shake your head in disbelief, usually over something negative or disappointing. I guess we'll find out eventually.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 8:28 am

Rosemary and Laurel storyline (stay with me here):
1. Laurel is devastated and in a dark place, she needs someone, someone who has been there, no someone who is there to help her find her inner self and move on
2. Who better than Rosemary to come by her side and help her deal with the pain, the anguish, the dismay, and the internal decay happening at this very moment - to help her embrace it.
3. Laurel doesn't have to change her makeup or anything, just feel the dark light Rosemary is shining, and slowly fade in to a darker version of herself.
4. This can play out for months before she truly comes to the dark side to complete decay
5. Together they could rebuild the group - maybe even bring back Johnny Havoc
6. Eventually through it all, Laurel will begin to fill the goodness she once enjoyed, the happiness that surrounded her and she'll end her time with Decay. Of course it will come at the expense of Decay finishing her.
7. She'll return after a short hiatus to be a new and different person

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 9:56 am

I don't totally dislike your angle, but some people are just naturally better at playing certain roles. I can't see Eli Drake pulling off the Broken Matt gimmick, and I can't see Matt pulling off a Stone Cold or Rock kind of gimmick, which Eli clearly could. Rosemary is fantastic in her role, but I can't see her pulling off Laurel's character. Likewise, Laurel is great in her role, but I can't see her pulling off a character like Rosemary.

To paraphrase a Bowling For Soup song ... Val Kilmer was great in Top Gun and Real Genius. But he sucked as Batman.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wed May 17, 2017 8:07 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
I don't totally dislike your angle, but some people are just naturally better at playing certain roles. I can't see Eli Drake pulling off the Broken Matt gimmick, and I can't see Matt pulling off a Stone Cold or Rock kind of gimmick, which Eli clearly could. Rosemary is fantastic in her role, but I can't see her pulling off Laurel's character. Likewise, Laurel is great in her role, but I can't see her pulling off a character like Rosemary.

To paraphrase a Bowling For Soup song ... Val Kilmer was great in Top Gun and Real Genius. But he sucked as Batman.

But that's just it, Laurel would be able to keep her current role, it would just be under the Decay moniker for a short time, until she 'found herself'. I think it would help build IW storylines until they can right the ship.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Thu May 18, 2017 12:00 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

But that's just it, Laurel would be able to keep her current role, it would just be under the Decay moniker for a short time, until she 'found herself'.  I think it would help build IW storylines until they can right the ship.

I still have to disagree truck. All of the members of Decay had a common characteristic ... they were dark, twisted, somewhat evil. Hence Rosemary's nickname ... the Demon Assassin. Laurel doesn't fit that mold. She's not dark, twisted, or evil ... she's just a drunk mess. Trying to put Laurel in Decay would be like trying to put Bray Wyatt in New Day ... the characters don't fit the gimmick.

One gimmick I could see Laurel fitting into is the Broken Universe. She's certainly broken. In fact, Josh has referred to both her and Davey Richards as being broken. It makes me wonder if they're keeping the door open on that gimmick until the Hardy situation plays out. I doubt it, but anything is possible.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri May 19, 2017 8:16 am

That's the beauty of it. Think of it on a personal level. When shite seems to continually go wrong, don't you feel dark and twisted. Don't you want to take your evil out on someone? A perfect scenario for Laurel to really grasp her inner darkness and take her evil out on those who have mocked her.

This could play out for some time until Laurel finally realizes, she's not dark, twisted, and evil, but instead she's someone decent. It then would give way for a credible battle for Rosemary - because let's face it, IW doesn't have a credible storyline for her to fight someone.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sun May 21, 2017 9:25 am

Truck, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on Laurel and Decay. With entertainment being subjective, there's not always a right or wrong perspective. But I'm still right.

In watching the latest show, I couldn't help but notice a pattern .... the shows have been just OK. Just average. TNA/Impact has been that way since I started watching in 2012. And WWE has been that way as well. No angles are memorable, and no superstars are being created. Every angle seems to be short-term and doesn't lead anywhere exciting. And the 50-50 booking makes almost everyone seem equal. When everyone is equal, no one can be a star.

And like WWE and the Reigns situation, IW doesn't seem to be listening to fans. On social media and the forums I read, the one name that keeps popping is Eli Drake. Everyone, except IW apparently, realizes that Drake has the potential to be a huge star. But they always underuse him, use him incorrectly, or don't use him at all. On the last show, we had segment after segment dedicated to the Josh-JB feud. Karen had one segment, and Prichard had three. The fans hate all of that. Yet, no sighting of Eli.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon May 22, 2017 9:59 am

First of all, you live to close to Cleveland to be right. But I'll let you believe it for a moment. Besides, moving Laurel over to Decay (if only temporarily) gets ride of this non-sense storyline they've got her involved in now.

Second, it's nothing new to us IW continues to misuse their roster. It's as if they are using the creative team from WCW just before they were bought out by WWE.

Third, IW needs to reign in their story lines. There isn't any fluidness to them. They have zero meaning in the long run and everything seems to be like throwing a bowl of spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks.

Finally, I honestly believe if IW could get out of their own way, they'd challenge WWE within a year.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Thu May 25, 2017 12:08 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:

Third, IW needs to reign in their story lines.  There isn't any fluidness to them.  They have zero meaning in the long run and everything seems to be like throwing a bowl of spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks.

That's my biggest problem with both IW and WWE ... they both lack big storylines that have any importance or impact. All we get is feuds that lead to matches. Then once the match (or series of matches) is over, everyone moves on like nothing happened. There's no stories that are told over time ... there's no character development. The only places I've seen this in recent years is in LU and with the Broken storyline. On a related note, the current feud between the Hardys and Anthem is the most interesting storyline I've seen in wrestling in 15 years.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Thu May 25, 2017 3:39 pm

That's because the feud between Hardyz and Anthem is unscripted and has no creative team to destroy it

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 am

Well truck, you're getting the program with Rosemary and Laurel, but not quite the way you envisioned it.

I have no clue where they're going with the Rosemary-Allie angle, but I'm glad that they're finally involved with each other. Rosemary and Allie were bitter enemies on the indies. Obviously, their past on the indies probably won't be referenced since they're both playing different characters. But I think it would make for a great long-term storyline. Rosemary could tease that she remembers a different Allie in a different life. Over weeks and months, she can push Allie to decay as they feud with Sienna and Laurel. Eventually, Allie decays to the point where she remembers who she was in the "other life." And she also remembers that she and Rosemary were bitter enemies. That then sets up the split and feud between Rosemary and Allie. They worked well against each other for a long time on the indies, so there's no reason to think that a long feud between them wouldn't work now in IW.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:36 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Well truck, you're getting the program with Rosemary and Laurel, but not quite the way you envisioned it.

I have no clue where they're going with the Rosemary-Allie angle, but I'm glad that they're finally involved with each other. Rosemary and Allie were bitter enemies on the indies. Obviously, their past on the indies probably won't be referenced since they're both playing different characters. But I think it would make for a great long-term storyline. Rosemary could tease that she remembers a different Allie in a different life. Over weeks and months, she can push Allie to decay as they feud with Sienna and Laurel. Eventually, Allie decays to the point where she remembers who she was in the "other life." And she also remembers that she and Rosemary were bitter enemies. That then sets up the split and feud between Rosemary and Allie. They worked well against each other for a long time on the indies, so there's no reason to think that a long feud between them wouldn't work now in IW.

Yeah, I don't get the combination of Rosemary and Allie either. I get the feeling they're trying to paint her as a twisted savior of some sort. Not her profile, not her MO, not her at all. It would've been better if they slowly rebuilt decay with other characters.

I was surprised at Big Poppa Pump coming back to the ring. I hope it's for more than just a one night appearance to help Josh. His presence could certainly change the roster, but of course it would depend on the creative writers at this point.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't let Eli Drake win the title from Moose the other night. I'm hoping they begin to pump him up a little bit more along in the coming weeks. I figured the El Patron vs. Lashley match was coming, and now that he's got the GFW title and the #1 Contender spot from EC3, it's coming. However, I anticipate Lashley winning the belts and unifying them. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if El Patron wins it too.

At this point, I'm not sure where they are taking James Storm, but it appears he's just falling to the way side - AGAIN!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:40 pm

I stumbled across the following DVD from Smash Wrestling. It looks awesome, and it's timely now that they're involved together in an IW storyline.

Description:
This collectible DVD catalogs the war between Rosemary & Allie from the igniting incident through to the barbaric conclusion!
http://smash-wrestling.com/product/rosemary-vs-allie-demon-vs-the-slayer/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:16 pm

I was impressed with last week's show. While it was no shocker the ending of the X-Division title match or the other 'home' wrestler (yep I'm not good with names), and I'm doing this from memory of watching the show this morning.

I felt the show was put together pretty well and the fact Karen Jarrett wasn't on the air for another week made it special. What I would like them to do is end this JB vs. Josh feud. However, maybe they're using it to introduce BPP to the roster. And it won't be long before he's a contender I'm sure (if he has a long term contract). Here's a storyline I'd like to see played out. Prior to the match have Joseph Parks hand Steiner an envelope and walk away skeered. Have Steiner peek in to the envelope, throw it in a trash can, and burn it. Then during the match as Steiner and Josh are tag teaming up on Parks, Steiner just turns around, annihilates Josh, walks out of the ring, then JB gets the 1-2-3. The next show they can explain what was in the envelope, maybe some old contract of employment by Parks for Steiner to be his bodyguard or something like that.

IW is pushing the Rosemary helping the poor innocent victim. I'm not buying it and really isn't her personality. They've pushed her to the wrong side of the ring. She was better as the bad person who would just annihilate everyone.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
IW is pushing the Rosemary helping the poor innocent victim.  I'm not buying it and really isn't her personality.  They've pushed her to the wrong side of the ring.  She was better as the bad person who would just annihilate everyone.

When you get some time, read the following interview with rosemary. It's long, but really good. In the interview, she acknowledges that the character has evolved, but she said she's not a true babyface ... more of an anti-hero. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/impact-wrestlings-rosemary-as-storyteller-10631448

As for helping Allie, it's not the first time she has cozied up to a true babyface. She tried, unsuccesfully, to get Bram to join Decay when he was a babyface, and she tried, unsuccessfully again, to woo "pure, innocent" Brandi. So trying to take someone like Allie under her wing isn't outside of her character. What's different is that she's targeting heels in the process, which fits with her evolved anti-hero character.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am

Nice read. She certainly stands out in the ring and it wouldn't surprise me if she's plucked from the ranks of IW to WWE shortly as well.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Nice read.  She certainly stands out in the ring and it wouldn't surprise me if she's plucked from the ranks of IW to WWE shortly as well.

I've seen numerous times on Twitter where WWE fans have urged her to sign with WWE. Her response (in character) is always something like this: I'm happy where I'm at ... if you're a fan, you'll appreciate me where I'm at.

Rosemary strikes me as someone who truly loves the wrestling business and isn't in it just for the money and fame. In the interview I posted above, she showed a solid knowlege of wrestling history, at least in the modern era ... she was referencing specific shows from the 90s. Surely she knows that if she goes to WWE, she won't have the same kind of control over her character that she has in Impact, and she'd likely get buried and forgotten in a few months.

A few comments from the last show ...

Overall, it was probably the worst Impact I've seen since I started watching in 2012. If it wasn't the worst, it was certainly in the top 3.

The Good
The main event was easily the highlight of the show. In reality, it wasn't great, but compared to everything else on the show, it was spectacular.

Drake got some decent time on the mic. Although it wasn't one of his better promos, he's better than many even when he's just average.

The crowd was lively, which really does add to a show. I can't imagine how much worse that crap show would have seemed in a silent Impact Zone. I still say that until they start recording on the road, they need to find a new home. LU has shown that you don't need a fantastic arena. They tape in a freaking warehouse. The quality of the crowd is what's important. And Impact predominantly gets tourists, not hardcore fans, at the Zone.

The Bad
I could keep this short just by saying "everything other than what I mentioned above." There's a lot I could mention, but here's a sampling ...

The X-Division match was weak. I'm tired of the multi-man matches. We need to see more one on one matches, or even traditional tag matches. These constant 4, 5, or 6-way matches aren't giving much focus to any of the guys.

At first, the LAX segment seemed like the Hardys expidition of gold. I liked the idea, although it certainly wasn't original and had just been done. But rather than highlighting where they were and giving us any kind of context, we got just a few quick clips of a random match in some random city. I don't even know where they were or what promotion they were wrestling with. The expedition of gold, while far from perfect, was handled much better.

Impact stole a page out of WWE's playbook and had a champion eat an unnecessary pin. Rosemary hasn't been pinned yet in Impact, so what was the point of her first pin happening in a meaningless tag match? Allie should have been the one to eat the pin.

As if the constant bickering between Josh and JB isn't bad enough, now we have to endure ridiculous JB and Park training sessions. And this week we got TWO of them. I know that they're supposed to be fun segments and not taken seriously, but they're not entertaining at all.  JB and Park are the babyfaces in this feud, but I find them even more annoying than Josh. Josh is also annoying, but at least he's entertaing at times. I can't think of a single time JB has said or done something entertaining.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Yesterday at 12:00 pm

I'll just add this.

Yep, you're right!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Yesterday at 1:02 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
I'll just add this.

Yep, you're right!

Is there ever any doubt?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Yesterday at 1:14 pm

Wow! This is the coolest development since the reboot ...

Mexican Wrestling Stars Set to Debut at Slammiversary

AAA stars El Hijo del Fantasma and Drago will team up at Slammiversary in a 4-way match for the IMPACT Wrestling Tag-Team Championship, now held by the Latin American Xchange (LAX). The match will also feature talent from two other international promotions.

http://impactwrestling.com/mexican-wrestling-stars-set-debut-slammiversary/
-----------------------------

You obviously know who Drago is.l Hijo del Fantasma is King Cuerno in LU.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   Today at 10:25 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
I'll just add this.

Yep, you're right!

Is there ever any doubt?

More times than you've heard more me mention

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: Pro Wrestling-
Jump to: