HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Keenan Lewis signs with Saints

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:38 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

man, they are dropping off like fly's

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Ouch...I was afraid of this. The one Free Agent I thought we would really go above and beyond to keep. Uh Oh.

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Breaking news.... We just lost the waterboy

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 pm

@fer69 wrote:
Breaking news.... We just lost the waterboy

We lost the Waterboy? Damn! imo the Steelers could of coached this kid up into a special type of player.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 am

Quote :
Keenan Lewis (@KeenanLewis23)

I will miss my steelers fans, but they didn't offer me a deal.
Sean Payton believe in me. I love him as a coach. Made me feel comfortable. I love that man. He is a king. I respect him so much!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:50 am

@Drizztbob wrote:
Ouch...I was afraid of this. The one Free Agent I thought we would really go above and beyond to keep. Uh Oh.
Yeah, I thought some of the moves they were making was an effort to free up some money for Lewis. I guess not.

The one thing I was really hoping for this offseason was to re-sign Lewis.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 am

Unless we get a phenomenal pass rush, I'm nervous about how the secondary is going to hang this year. We're not going to find the answers in the draft.

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 am

lets see if Keenan was a one year one hit wonder.

and imo he was one of the drama people in the locker room last season. maybe a reason he wasn't offered a contract.

myself I like Cortez Allen better as a CB.

Damn had hopes for Curtis Brown but he's looking like a bust

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 pm

The Sad, Sad Truth for the Saints and Keenan Lewis

by Barry Hirstius

Next season will tell us a lot about the man that Saints fans adoringly refer to as “Westbank”. That’s because for a player who has only managed to completely finish playing an entire game (without sustaining some sort of injury and having to leave the field) in a total of 14 of the Saints’ 42 games so far in the 3 years that he’s been back home in New Orleans, both the Saints and Keenan Lewis are facing a sad, sad truth: that he may never be the same player that the Saints thought they were getting when they signed him back in 2013.

The term injury-prone is something that the New Orleans Saints franchise has become all-too familiar with during the last few seasons, but particularly this season.

Just this year alone, the Saints have had several players — Lewis, LB Danell Ellerbe, and CB Damian Swann to name a few — who seemingly are just not able to “shake off” a series of nagging and recurring injuries.

Both Swann and Ellerbe have been ruled out yet again for tomorrow’s contest against the Texans, and Lewis is done for the year after being placed on season-ending injured reserve on Thursday.

For Lewis, it’s been a frustrating process that began with a sports hernia injury that he suffered back in the 3rd Pre-Season game at the Superdome against those same Texans back at the end of August.

After slowly working his way back into the line-up over the last several weeks, Lewis then suffered an MCL injury of an unknown status when the Saints last played on Nov. 15 at Washington against the Redskins.

But Saints head coach Sean Payton told reporters yesterday that while the prognosis was optimistic on the knee injury; it was the continuing impact of the sports hernia that ultimately ended Lewis’ season.

“He was making progress off the MCL, and yet (the sports hernia recovery) was still at a point — especially at his position — that in order to play at the level you need to play, that it was going to take a little more time,” Payton said.

Lewis missed the first three games and was limited through much of October after undergoing the procedure. Even when he played, his participation was limited to playing in the Saints defense’s base nickel or dime pass coverage alignments.

Lewis has grown frustrated with his inability to stay healthy, as evidenced by his comments to reporters following the Redskins game:

“(The) stuff I’ve dealt with this whole season, I guess it’s just one of those years when you’re trying to fight for your team and your body just doesn’t allow you to. It’s tough. I’m trying to get out of this slump I’m in, body-wise.”

Keenan Lewis been on IR the whole season if we’re being honest

— Gino Jones  November 27, 2015

Lewis, 29, who grew up on the west bank side of the Mississippi River in New Orleans (the community of Algiers) and played high school ball for the O. Perry Walker Chargers, signed with the Saints as a free agent before the 2013 season. He started all 32 games in 2013 and 2014, making 81 tackles and six interceptions.

Lewis is under contract with the Saints through 2017. The Saints agreed to fully guarantee his 2016 base salary and a portion of his 2017 salary during the offseason.

But now after Thursday’s announcement, there is more than just growing speculation as to whether Lewis will ever be able to regain the form that he showed with the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2009 through 2012.

Lewis, who was drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft (#96 overall), became a “lock down” corner for the Steelers under head coach Mike Tomlin during his time in Pittsburgh.

But after his initial rookie contract was up with the Steelers, Lewis decided he wanted to come back home to NOLA and the “Best Bank” (as West Bank natives often refer to it), and he signed a five-year, $26.3 million contract with the Saints of March of 2013.

When healthy, Lewis has played well for the most part and clearly is still one of the premier CB’s in the entire NFL.

But the series of recurring injuries that have plagued him since he put on a Black and Gold uniform have clearly began taking their toll; and now some hard questions surrounding the future of Lewis’ time back home in his beloved NOLA, at some point will have to be asked.

Lewis, who turns 30 in May, presumably will still be listed as the Saints “starting” CB opposite of fellow starting CB Delvin Breaux (a fellow NOLA native who was able to overcome a career-threatening injury himself) when the Saints return for the 2016 NFL season.

One would assume that it’s then when we’ll find out if Lewis can or will EVER live up to the expectations that the organization originally had for him when they signed him in 2013; and also when they restructured his contract back in March and guaranteed him an additional $10.4 million and gave him more money upfront.

Because the God’s honest truth is that Lewis has never made the real “big” impact upon the Saints defense that either the organization or its fans have been waiting to see since 2013.

Sure, they’ve seen it in “flashes” — but those brief “flashes” have been about it, for the better part of 3 years now.

And with this franchise presumably at a crossroads, as it tries to figure out which direction to head towards next while still in the midst of “rebuilding”; they’re eventually going to have to make a determination if it’s WORTH spending additional money on a player who in spite of his best efforts, cannot stay out on the field long enough to earn his contract.

Can Lewis come back healthy in 2016 and have the greatest year in what will be his 8th NFL season???

We can only hope that will be the case.

But so far, history — fairly or not — suggests that he likely will not.

It’s the sad, sad truth that both Keenan Lewis and the New Orleans Saints will have to face together, at some point in the not-too-distant future………

http://bigeasybeliever.com/2015/11/28/the-sad-sad-truth-for-the-saints-and-keenan-lewis/

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:06 am

I'm a little amazed how Byrd and Lewis have struggled in New Orleans. It raises the question of whether or not their issues have been schematic/coaching related, or if two of the best defensive backs on their prior teams suddenly lost the ability to play when moving south.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 am

There are players who fit in to the system (Chad Scott - LB) who went to Seattle and bombed, came back to Pittsburgh, struggled, then went off to the Patriots*****, and was nothing more than a backup for the remainder of his career.

Lewis is one of those players.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:55 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
There are players who fit in to the system (Chad Scott - LB) who went to Seattle and bombed, came back to Pittsburgh, struggled, then went off to the Patriots******, and was nothing more than a backup for the remainder of his career.

Chad Brown... not Chad Scott. Chad Scott was a corner drafted by the Steelers in 1997, round 1.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:00 am

I'm trying out next year. If Blake can be a Steeler why can't I? I've known how to tackle with my shoulder AND arms since middle school.

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:43 pm

could Keenan Lewis be a possible re-signing for the Steelers?

Keenan Lewis says goodbye to New Orleans

Posted by Josh Alper on August 19, 2016

It appears the Saints have decided to part ways with cornerback Keenan Lewis.

In an Instagram post on Friday night, Lewis thanked the fans in New Orleans for an “awesome journey” and wrote that he will “see y’all soon hope y’all still cheer for me.”

The obvious implication of those words is that Lewis will no longer be playing for the Saints. According to multiple reports, Lewis has been released although there has been no official announcement from the team at this point.

Lewis has been with the Saints since 2013 and started all 32 regular season games they played in his first two years with the team. Lewis played just six games last year and has had sports hernia, knee and hip surgeries since last September. He’s been sidelined by further injury issues this summer and it would seem the Saints have tired of waiting for him to get healthy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/19/keenan-lewis-says-goodbye-to-new-orleans/

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:45 pm

What are the odds of a reunion?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:11 am

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
could Keenan Lewis be a possible re-signing for the Steelers?

Keenan Lewis says goodbye to New Orleans

Posted by Josh Alper on August 19, 2016

It appears the Saints have decided to part ways with cornerback Keenan Lewis.

In an Instagram post on Friday night, Lewis thanked the fans in New Orleans for an “awesome journey” and wrote that he will “see y’all soon hope y’all still cheer for me.”

The obvious implication of those words is that Lewis will no longer be playing for the Saints. According to multiple reports, Lewis has been released although there has been no official announcement from the team at this point.

Lewis has been with the Saints since 2013 and started all 32 regular season games they played in his first two years with the team. Lewis played just six games last year and has had sports hernia, knee and hip surgeries since last September. He’s been sidelined by further injury issues this summer and it would seem the Saints have tired of waiting for him to get healthy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/19/keenan-lewis-says-goodbye-to-new-orleans/

career is over.

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:13 am

Couldn't hurt to give him a tryout.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:01 am

I read his hip problems haven't healed.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:51 am

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:44 am

@HeinzMustard wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
There are players who fit in to the system (Chad Scott - LB) who went to Seattle and bombed, came back to Pittsburgh, struggled, then went off to the Patriots*******, and was nothing more than a backup for the remainder of his career.

Chad Brown... not Chad Scott.  Chad Scott was a corner drafted by the Steelers in 1997, round 1.

Thanks for the correction. Must be my old age

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@HeinzMustard wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
There are players who fit in to the system (Chad Scott - LB) who went to Seattle and bombed, came back to Pittsburgh, struggled, then went off to the Patriots********, and was nothing more than a backup for the remainder of his career.

Chad Brown... not Chad Scott.  Chad Scott was a corner drafted by the Steelers in 1997, round 1.

Thanks for the correction.  Must be my old age

The story here is that Keenan Lewis, who's talent meshed well with the Steelers system, left to play for his hometown team where the fit wasn't so great. Now come on back to where you belong and enjoy a ring at the end of this season! (queue Fire Arians)
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:35 am

After doing a bit of research, I'm not opposed to Lewis coming here for a workout.

Saints fans think his release was a mistake, and he was the best CB on the roster (bad hip and all).

Let's hope he is healthy enough to play. He may be a good bridge to Burns or Golson, whenever they are ready.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:01 pm

one year vet minimum
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:38 pm

@Fire Arians wrote:
one year vet minimum

might want to make it two

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis signs with Saints   

Back to top Go down

Keenan Lewis signs with Saints
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: