HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming film

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming film   Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:21 am

Quote :
By Marc Sessler

After pulling off a rather convincing Johnny Unitas impression in Super Bowl XLVII, Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is hoping to do the same on the silver screen.

The Baltimore Sun reported Saturday that Flacco has agreed to play the late Hall of Fame Colts passer in the upcoming film, "Unitas We Stand," according to Joe Unitas, Johnny's son.

"Obviously, the Baltimore ties are very important to me," Joe Unitas told the newspaper. "I think it's great that Joe just won the Super Bowl with the Ravens and was Most Valuable Player in the game. A lot of the way Joe plays and his demeanor reminds me a lot of my dad. He's not a rah-rah guy. He throws a touchdown and maybe there's a little fist pump. ... (Flacco) does things the right way and is a good role model for kids and he gets what hard work is and does everything he can for the team. There are a lot of parallels that can be drawn between Joe and my dad."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158038/article/joe-flacco-to-portray-johnny-unitas-in-upcoming-film

I think Flacco is better suited to play Bert in a live production of Sesame Street.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming film   Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 pm

I hope they plan on using a lot of make up, push him in to the weight room, and/or use digital imaging to make him look like Johnny U, because personally I don't see the physical connection.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down

Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming film
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: