HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Mike Wallace backlash quietly begins in Miami

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Mike Wallace backlash quietly begins in Miami   Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:35 am

Quote :
By Gregg Rosenthal

It took three days of Miami Dolphins training camp before the first negative report about Mike Wallace came out. Perhaps the only surprise is that it took so long.

From the South Florida Sun Sentinel's Omar Kelly: "We're three days into training camp and the Mike Wallace factor hasn't been felt so far.

"Wallace hasn't roasted any cornerbacks deep. ... YET. Without hitting we really can't tell his run-after-catch skills. ... YET. And to be completely honest, Wallace doesn't have great chemistry with quarterback Ryan Tannehill. ... YET. That was evident the entire offseason."

It goes on from there, with Kelly comparing Wallace unfavorably to Brandon Marshall's first days in Miami. Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes regularly has gotten the better of Wallace, per Kelly, who also said the receiver is only the "fourth or fifth" most impressive new Dolphin this offseason.

"Speaking of Grimes, the former Falcons' coverage of Wallace since (organized team activities) either proves Grimes is back to his Pro Bowl status, or the Dolphins have paid way too much money for Wallace," Kelly wrote.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220202/article/mike-wallace-backlash-quietly-begins-in-miami

And I thought Steelers fans were too hard on Wallace.  

So ... the knock on him isn't that he has a bad attitude or is dropping passes. The criticism is that he isn't blowing by cornerbacks, and his run-after-catch skills are questionable.  And the writer comes to this conclusion three days into camp.  

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace backlash quietly begins in Miami   Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:41 am

Well well well, I guess we will see how well Mr. Wallace performs under pressure.

It seems people in Miami were expecting Wallace to come off the plane with jet engines blazing out his arse. WTH?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace backlash quietly begins in Miami   Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:45 am

The writer also says that Wallace doesn't have great chemistry with Tannehill yet. Again ... three days into camp.

I think the writer dropped the ball with this article. See what I did there?  

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace backlash quietly begins in Miami   Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

So you're saying the writer pulled a Wallace waiting for a payday?  

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Wallace backlash quietly begins in Miami   

Back to top Go down

Mike Wallace backlash quietly begins in Miami
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: