HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Manning ties TD record in rout of Ravens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Manning ties TD record in rout of Ravens   Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:18 am

Quote :
DENVER — Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos waited eight long months, then another 33 minutes, to get the season started.

A record-tying seven touchdown passes — something no one had done in 44 years — made it worth the while.

Connecting with his most prized addition, Wes Welker, former college basketball player Julius Thomas and Demaryius Thomas for two TDs each, Manning directed Denver to a 49-27 victory over the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens on Thursday night in the NFL opener.

Manning is the sixth QB in NFL history to throw seven TD passes in a game and the first since Joe Kapp did it for Minnesota against Baltimore on Sept. 28, 1969.

Manning was 27 of 42 for 462 yards with seven TDs and no interceptions.

All part of a thorough thrashing of the team that put a harsh end to what had looked like a Super Bowl-bound 2012 in Denver. The rematch came nearly eight months after Baltimore beat Denver, 38-35, in double overtime on an icy January night in the same stadium.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/4656416-74/denver-manning-baltimore#ixzz2e5vWLscg
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  

This is a great start to the 2013 NFL season. I had to work and didn't get to see any of the game, so I'll just assume that the Broncos aren't that great ... the Ravens just suck.

On a sidenote, the Browns are thrilled to still be tied for first place.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Manning ties TD record in rout of Ravens   Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:02 am

Well, the first half was a completely different story. The ravens looked together and on target to take this game away from Manning and Company. Peyton threw behind his WRs, and a few times was lucky the ball didn't get picked (but that's why those guy play defense).

Thankfully, Peyton decided he wanted to play football and hot potato.

Side note: ratbird fans are ready to jump off the cliff (much like Steelers fans will be if they don't win Sunday).

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Manning ties TD record in rout of Ravens   Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 am

yep it was a fun game to watch and the Ravens defense get shredded for 49 points.

PostSubject: Re: Manning ties TD record in rout of Ravens   Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 pm

That was a great game by Peyton.

PostSubject: Re: Manning ties TD record in rout of Ravens   

Back to top Go down

Manning ties TD record in rout of Ravens
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: