HomeDeal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown Empty
PostSubject: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 pm

The Steelers and Cardinals trying to finalize a trade that would send tackle Levi Brown to Pittsburgh, according to league sources.

The Steelers, who have been rotating tackles and struggling on the offensive line, are close to landing former first-round pick Levi Brown from Arizona, sources said. Brown has struggled since re-signing with the Cardinals but has a huge frame. The Steelers, on their bye week, would have time to work him in.

Steelers draft pick Mike Adams has lost his grip on a starting job and Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey is out for the year. Ben Roethlisberger has been under constant duress, as the pass and run games are struggling for 0-4 Pittsburgh.

Their attempts rally Sunday were thwarted by the Vikings pass rush late in the game and, much like their division rival Ravens, offensive line issues were undermining their ability to run their offense (Baltimore's deal with Jacksonville for tackle Eugene Monroe will be finalized today, sources said

Read more:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23965290/steelers-looking-to-fix-oline-near-deal-with-cards-for-tackle-levi-brown

I confess I know nothing about this guy. Started reading other forums and the general consensus seems to be that this guy was a bust in AZ and most people are scratching their heads.......Ed Bouchette included

Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 am

Quote :
Steelers take chance on Brown at left tackle

PITTSBURGH — Levi Brown failed to live up to his pedigree with the Arizona Cardinals. The winless Pittsburgh Steelers are hoping a change of scenery might help Brown turn his career — and Pittsburgh’s sagging season — around.

Both teams announced Wednesday that the Steelers have acquired Brown for a conditional draft pick.

The 29-year-old Brown never appeared comfortable in Arizona after the Cardinals selected him with the fifth pick in the 2007 draft, two spots ahead of Adrian Peterson.

As a rookie, he started at right tackle for Arizona’s 2008 Super Bowl team, then was moved to left tackle. But he never became the dominant blocker the Cardinals envisioned.

After missing all of 2012 with a torn triceps, Brown was labeled an “elite” tackle by new coach Bruce Arians in the offseason. But Arians quickly lost faith in Brown as the big lineman struggled against the pass rush off the edge. He gave up three sacks to Robert Quinn in Arizona’s season opener at St. Louis.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-take-chance-on-brown-at-left-tackle/article_ae3999cc-965d-594e-862d-30e589129af2.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 10:43 am

@Gingerchip wrote:
I confess I know nothing about this guy.  Started reading other forums and the general consensus seems to be that this guy was a bust in AZ and most people are scratching their heads.......Ed Bouchette included
He was highly regarded coming out of college and was the 5th overall pick in 2007, but he never lived up to his potential in Arizona. It's not wrong to consider him a bust.

However, a few weeks ago we picked Fernando Velasco off the scrap heap to be our starting center, and so far he's been a great pick up for us. Sometimes a player doesn't do well on a certain team or in a certain scheme and finds success elsewhere. And sometimes the player is just a bust. I guess we'll see with Brown. My way of thinking is that even if he plays just OK, it's an upgrade.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:54 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
However, a few weeks ago we picked Fernando Velasco off the scrap heap to be our starting center, and so far he's been a great pick up for us. Sometimes a player doesn't do well on a certain team or in a certain scheme and finds success elsewhere. And sometimes the player is just a bust. I guess we'll see with Brown. My way of thinking is that even if he plays just OK, it's an upgrade.

Exactly. Because of Velasco is the reason I am holding off on my opinion.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:57 pm

I hope I'm wrong but I can't help think that this is a desperation move.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Of course it is a desperation move...WE ARE DESPERATE!! Adams was not the answer and we need a spark, ANYTHING on that O-line to help shore up Ben's blind side. Maybe then the protection stiffens up, passes get completed bringing defenders out of stuffing 8,9,10 in the box, there by allowing for the run game to flourish, giving the defense more time to rest to make those splash plays and stopping the big plays against us....It all trickles down

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 7:00 pm

@Drizztbob wrote:
Of course it is a desperation move...WE ARE DESPERATE!!  Adams was not the answer and we need a spark, ANYTHING on that O-line to help shore up Ben's blind side.  Maybe then the protection stiffens up, passes get completed bringing defenders out of stuffing 8,9,10 in the box, there by allowing for the run game to flourish, giving the defense more time to rest to make those splash plays and stopping the big plays against us....It all trickles down

Agree. Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown 1647293567 

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:20 am

Quote :
Levi Brown hopes he can help his new team

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Surely someone with the Arizona Cardinals had to have liked Levi Brown, even though they essentially dumped him like a used beer can last week, then crushed him with their comments.

After all, the Cardinals signed the fifth overall NFL draft choice in 2007 to a new five-year contract in 2012 worth $30 million, including a reported $12 million guaranteed.

Yet, they were willing to pick up $3 million of the $3.7 million owed him this season to peddle him to the Steelers for what virtually amounts to nothing -- "conditions" that do not even include a 2014 draft choice, a source said.

The offensive tackle from Penn State went through his first practice with the Steelers on Monday and tried to find reasons he went from highly paid starting left tackle in Arizona to his new, nameless locker with the Steelers.

"When you have inconsistency, things like that happen," said Brown. "It's just one of those things where they felt they needed to go in a different direction. I'm fine with it. I'll come out here and do what I have to do, compete and go out there and try to play."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/levi-brown-hopes-he-can-help-at-tackle-for-steelers-706664/#ixzz2h8VsRUPj
Yeah, he'll try to help the line. One thing we know for sure is that he can't hurt it. I see no downside to giving him a shot.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 am

Ruh-roh ...

Quote :
Levi Brown: I’m not sure Todd Haley is in my corner

Posted by Josh Alper

When the Cardinals traded tackle Levi Brown last week, the team didn’t offer any platitudes about appreciation for the job Brown did during his years on the roster.

Brown is now with the Steelers, but it doesn’t sound like he’s expecting a much warmer reception from one member of the Pittsburgh staff. Brown played for offensive coordinator Todd Haley when both men were in Arizona and Brown said Monday that he’s not sure that the shared experience left Haley with the warmest feelings for the way he plays the game.

“Well, you know, Todd is an interesting fella. Let’s just leave it at that,” Brown said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Me and Todd — I mean, everybody has their arguments. I’m not sure he’s like necessarily in my corner, but, at this point, I’m here, so, obviously, he liked that fight in me, so I appreciate it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/levi-brown-im-not-sure-todd-haley-is-in-my-corner/
Well, Haley might not be in his corner, but at least he'll now have Ben and Antonio in his corner. Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown 1797695198

Seriously though, ZIP IT dude. The last thing this team needs right now is any more distractions or locker room drama.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:42 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Ruh-roh ...

Quote :

Posted by Josh Alper

When the Cardinals traded tackle Levi Brown last week, the team didn’t offer any platitudes about appreciation for the job Brown did during his years on the roster.

Brown is now with the Steelers, but it doesn’t sound like he’s expecting a much warmer reception from one member of the Pittsburgh staff. Brown played for offensive coordinator Todd Haley when both men were in Arizona and Brown said Monday that he’s not sure that the shared experience left Haley with the warmest feelings for the way he plays the game.

“Well, you know, Todd is an interesting fella. Let’s just leave it at that,” Brown said, via Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Me and Todd — I mean, everybody has their arguments. I’m not sure he’s like necessarily in my corner, but, at this point, I’m here, so, obviously, he liked that fight in me, so I appreciate it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/levi-brown-im-not-sure-todd-haley-is-in-my-corner/
Well, Haley might not be in his corner, but at least he'll now have Ben and Antonio in his corner. Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown 1797695198

Seriously though, ZIP IT dude. The last thing this team needs right now is any more distractions or locker room drama.
Actually, I don't think his comment was a total negative in regard to Haley. Focus on the part after the "but" and his statement tells me although they weren't drinking buddies, Haley must have had enough respect for what Brown brings to the table that the Steelers brought him over. And make no mistake about it, Brown must realize Haley delivered him from a very poor situation and provided a fresh start "...so I appreciate it.".
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:31 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
Ruh-roh ...

Quote :

Posted by Josh Alper

Actually, I don't think his comment was a total negative in regard to Haley. Focus on the part after the "but" and his statement tells me although they weren't drinking buddies, Haley must have had enough respect for what Brown brings to the table that the Steelers brought him over. And make no mistake about it, Brown must realize Haley delivered him from a very poor situation and provided a fresh start "...so I appreciate it.".
I don't know, kirk ... whenever someone is describing how they feel about someone else, and they end it with "and let's just leave it at that," it's a pretty safe assumption that they don't like the other person.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown   Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown Empty

Back to top Go down

Deal almost done in trade with AZ for T Levi Brown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: