HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:28 pm

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/msn/tailgating_will_not_be_allowed_at_the_super_bowl/15268961

Quote :
Super Bowl XLVIII is going to have a much different feel to it than Super Bowls past. First and foremost, the game is being held at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey — outdoors and in cold weather. In the Super Bowl’s 47-year history, a game has never been held outdoors in a cold climate. But don’t worry — fans aren’t going to freeze while tailgating. That’s because tailgating won’t be allowed.

On Monday, Super Bowl CEO Al Kelly announced that there will be no grilling and lounging in parking lots for the hours leading up to the game.

“You will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in your car,” Kelly said, per ESPNNewYork.com. “And provided you’re in the boundaries of a single parking space, you’ll be able to eat or drink right next to your car. However, you’re not going to be able to take out a lounge chair, you’re not going to be able to take out a grill, and you’re not going to be able to take up more than one parking space. And it’ll all be watched very carefully.”

The NFL is truly trying to ruin this game I love, and damn if they aren't doing a great job of it.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:50 pm

WOW. I really REALLY wish I could just stop watching and have that be some sort of influence for others to stop watching.

No No No 

PostSubject: Re: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
WOW.  I really REALLY wish I could just stop watching and have that be some sort of influence for others to stop watching.

No No No 

Me too. It's freakin' hilarious that they want us to come to these games without tailgating and yet somehow pay for a few beers what we can buy a 30-pack outside, and some hamburgers and hotdogs to boot.

It's beyond ridiculous.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:09 pm

I heard yesterday that there was some clarification on this because a lot of people were saying that tailgating had been banned. People can still tailgate at the Super Bowl ... as long as they don't take up more than one parking space. Parking is limited, and what they're trying to stop is people parking in one spot and using the neighboring spot to tailgate in. If I understand their reasoning correctly, I don't have a huge problem with it. I have a bigger problem with the ban on grilling. But that's not new.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:03 am

If you ban grilling, then you've banned tailgating. You can't have tailgating without the grill. Even browns fans know that. You can have beverages, tons of them, but that's only drinking...it only becomes tailgating when the grill is added.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:07 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
If you ban grilling, then you've banned tailgating.  You can't have tailgating without the grill.  Even browns fans know that.  You can have beverages, tons of them, but that's only drinking...it only becomes tailgating when the grill is added.
Yeah, I agree. But it's been that way at the Super Bowl since 2001.

I've looked into this a little more, and here's what it boils down to:

There are 28,000 parking spaces at MetLife Stadium.
15,000 spaces are being used for media and security.
That leaves just 13,000 spaces for the 80,000 ticket holders.

So with space so limited, they don't want people setting up tents and chairs and taking up 4 parking spaces. I understand that, and it makes sense. What burns me though is the fact that media and security require 15,000 spaces. Will the media and security vehicles have to be confined to one space as well? It seems, as usual, fans get the short end of the stick. But we should expect that by now.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Well stop pimpin' yourself to the highest media bidder, and open up some parking spaces for ticket holders. I mean Lord Almighty, they already charge an arm and a leg for a SB ticket now adays.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE   

Back to top Go down

NFL has become the NO FUN LEAGUE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: