HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Chris Rainey

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Chris Rainey   Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:08 pm

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I was pretty big on Chris Rainey when we drafted him. I watched him play some games at Florida and was excited to see what he could do as a Steeler. He had some pretty solid moments for us last year, but off the field character issues got him cut from the Steelers. I believe from there he went to the Bills, was cut and then landed on the Colts. Turns out the Colts have placed him on IR due to a leg injury, ending his season and potentially his career. Link: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Colts-sign-Tashard-Choice-IR-Chris-Rainey.html

Quite the fall from grace from a guy that I thought had a lot of potential in the NFL.

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rainey   Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:33 am

I'm hoping Dri Archer can do similar things to what this guy was doing: (minus the penalties of course)

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rainey   Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:14 am

Releasing Rainey shows, once again, that the Steelers are right far more often than they're wrong in their personnel decisions.

As for Archer, I think he has the potential to be a more complete back than Rainey.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rainey   Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:45 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Releasing Rainey shows, once again, that the Steelers are right far more often than they're wrong in their personnel decisions.

Completely agree. He's on about his 3rd team now and I saw he was just cut last week (from the Colts I believe) not due to poor performance but because he violated team rules. As I get older, I get increasingly agree at these guys that have these talents and waste them because they can't say no to peer pressure. It's a shame to think what Rainey COULD have been (based on potential and what we saw in a limited capacity.

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rainey   Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:38 pm

Quote :
Chris Rainey calls out ex-teammate about fire extinguisher incident

The Indianapolis Colts waived running back Chris Rainey early in training camp, a surprising move because the team had already lost Vick Ballard to a torn ACL. On Thursday night during the Colts' first preseason game, we began to learn why the Colts cut Rainey.

After fellow running back Dan "Boom" Herron scored a touchdown against the New York Jets, Rainey wrote the following on Twitter:

"Nice TD Boom even tho u was in the hallway with me that nite when we was horsing around with the fire extinguisher. Man up like i did."

It's hard to imagine a fire extinguisher incident truly caused Rainey to get cut without other infractions. Calling out his teammate publicly is an odd move, but Rainey is clearly still upset.

"Yea im piss watchin the colts game when i should be out there too," Rainey wrote. "Even tho i didnt break no f**kin team rules, not even."

Rainey deleted the two tweets within an hour of posting them, but some damage may already be done. Teams will be less interested in signing a player that appears to be a loose cannon, even on Twitter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000375297/article/chris-rainey-to-former-teammate-man-up-like-i-did?campaign=Twitter_atl

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Rainey   

Back to top Go down

Chris Rainey
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: