HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL would consider medical pot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: NFL would consider medical pot   Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/roger-goodell-says-nfl-would-consider-medical-marijuana-012314

(video)

Quote :
If medical experts deem using marijuana as a legitimate solution to treat concussions and other head injuries, the NFL would consider allowing athletes to use it, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday.

While attending a sponsored event, which announced the first 16 winners of the $20 million “Head Health Challenge,” Goodell was asked about the topic and didn’t dodge his recent comments on drug use by active players.

"I'm not a medical expert. We will obviously follow signs. We will follow medicine and if they determine this could be a proper usage in any context, we will consider that," Goodell said. "Our medical experts are not saying that right now."

Both the Seahawks and Broncos, who are playing in Super Bowl XLVIII, reside in states where the drug is legal for recreational use. A report on HBO’s “Real Sports with Bryan Gumbel” estimated that somewhere between 50 percent and 60 percent of the league’s active players regularly use the drug to deal with pain.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL would consider medical pot   Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:44 am

I don't think there are too many players in the NFL, punters and kickers the exception, that aren't in enough pain to claim medical use of marijuana

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: NFL would consider medical pot   Wed May 07, 2014 3:14 pm

I still laugh at the term "medical pot". It was originally suppose to be prescribed for Chemo patients (for the purpose of pain relief and increasing appetite).

Here in California, people smoke it for "stress related reasons". If a person can smoke it for stress, then we should all get prescriptions!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL would consider medical pot   

Back to top Go down

NFL would consider medical pot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: