HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Ray Rice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Ray Rice   Tue May 26, 2015 4:50 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
But back to Ray Rice, I wonder if he wasn't charged because his wife wouldn't take the stand?

I thought he was charged and went through some court ordered program

PostSubject: Re: Ray Rice   Tue May 26, 2015 5:25 pm

@Vis wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
But back to Ray Rice, I wonder if he wasn't charged because his wife wouldn't take the stand?

I thought he was charged and went through some court ordered program

Yep - he was charged, pleaded not guilty  and entered a diversion program in May 2014 with the agreement of the prosecution - that apparently is standard operating procedure for most first offenders in domestic violence cases - unlike Goodell the prosecutors could not take a mulligan and change their minds after TMZ went to work

Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has been accepted into a diversion program that -- if completed successfully -- will allow the former Rutgers standout to not only avoid jail time but also could lead to a full expungement of his February arrest after an alleged confrontation with his then-fiancée.

Rice was given approval by prosecutors to enter into New Jersey's pretrial intervention (PTI) program, the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office announced on Tuesday. Superior Court Judge Michael Donio signed off on the request, the Press of Atlantic City reported.  

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/05/ravens_rb_ray_rice_accepted_into_diversion_program_report_says.html
Back to top Go down

Ray Rice
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: