HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:01 pm

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com

The Bears could trade quarterback Jay Cutler after the 2014 season and save $12.5 million against the salary cap, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Schefter reports other teams will have interest in Cutler, who has faced a lot of scrutiny as the Bears are 3-6 through nine games.

Cutler is completing a career-high 66.4 percent of his passes in 2014. He is averaging 262.8 passing yards per game, while totaling 18 passing touchdowns and 10 interceptions in nine games.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24814181/report-bears-could-put-quarterback-jay-cutler-on-trading-block

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:22 pm

I have never been impressed with Cutler. He always just seems like an arrogant prick when he really has done nothing in the league.

Could Eli be heading to the trading block, too?

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Eli?

I like Eli. Cutler, is an arrogant ass.

Read that the Bears released Santonio Holmes

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:06 am

Holmes' career was over once the Steelers let him go.

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Holmes career was over when he shot himself in the leg

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:37 am

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:47 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:

I missed this post earlier. Truck, I think you might be confusing former Steelers receivers.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:33 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:

I missed this post earlier. Truck, I think you might be confusing former Steelers receivers.

Well damn! That's embarrassing! Embarassed

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:34 am

I blame it on the long hours at work, the shopping I've had to do, the wrapping of presents, the attending of parties, and the ensuing consumption of alcoholic beverages.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:57 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
I blame it on the long hours at work, the shopping I've had to do, the wrapping of presents, the attending of parties, and the ensuing consumption of alcoholic beverages.

Fixed for accuracy.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:10 am

So back to the topic (since @wallace108 wants to hi-jack threads now)...

You know there were a lot of people who said Bettis had a poor attitude and was terrible in the locker-room when he was a ram. It's possible that Cutler could be that diamond in the rough with the right organization.

DO NOT interpret this as the traditional rant of "he'd look good in black and gold for vet min" conversation. I just think that given the current atmosphere in Chicago, that maybe on a different team, one that needs a QB to lead them (read Tampa as one of them), Cutler could have a resurgence.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
It's possible that Cutler could be that diamond in the rough with the right organization.

Cutler is a cancer.

Just a sampling ...

Quote :
Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose broke down in tears this week as he talked about the support he receives from fans. That's a feeling Jay Cutler might never know.

Cutler could own the football-crazed Midwest city. He's the most physically talented quarterback to call Soldier Field home since the 1980s. But his attitude can be aloof, strong-willed, nonchalant, egotistical or mean-spirited. It hasn't been endearing.

Adewale Ogunleye, a former teammate of the quarterback with the Chicago Bears, joined Cutler's critics this week after he berated left tackle J'Marcus Webb on the sideline and gave harsh evaluations of others during the postgame press conference.

"If you are not doing your job, yeah, someone should be allowed to get in your face," said Ogunleye on WSCR-AM's the "Mully & Hanley Show" on Friday, via the Chicago Tribune. "But if you live in a glass house, you can't throw any stones. So the way I am looking at the game, no one is yelling at Jay when he is throwing the ball (four) times to their defenders. And you've got to have some sense of accountability. At the end of the day, you start losing the the respect of the offensive line when publicly you're bumping people and yelling at them in their face. I don't think it is the right thing to do."

Ogunleye said Cutler would get his "butt beat" if he wasn't the star quarterback of the Bears.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062292/article/jay-cutlers-attitude-criticized-by-exchicago-bear

Quote :
When Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears took on the Green Bay Packers on Thursday Night Football in Week 2, NFL fans worldwide witnessed the self-destruction of the 2012 edition of the Bears.

Cutler's horrible attitude toward those around him, specifically his teammates, has opened up the door for a rift in the Chicago locker room, which could end up ruining the entire season for a team that had playoff aspirations.

To be specific, during the humiliating loss to the Packers, cameras caught Cutler screaming at his teammates several times, and even going so far as to confront his left tackle J'Marcus Webb on the sideline and shove him after verbally berating him.

Cutler's teammates have noticed, and are not happy with their leader.

http://www.bearsblitz.com/chicago-bears-news/could-jay-cutlers-attitude-sink-the-chicago-bears/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason   

Back to top Go down

Report: Bears could put Jay Cutler on trading block in offseason
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: