HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Who Are You Rooting For Now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:53 pm

If it ends up the Seahags vs Cheats, which I think it will, I'm......going.....to.....root....for.....the (no stones to the face please).....cheats

It's a West coast vs East coast thing for me.  There are a ton of Hawks fans in my area of CA, and they are intolerable.  Their white towel waving thing drives me nuts.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:00 pm

THE CHEATS***???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SMH!!!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Colts FTW!

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:10 am

@Gingerchip wrote:
If it ends up the Seahags vs Cheats, which I think it will, I'm......going.....to.....root....for.....the (no stones to the face please).....cheats

OK, no stones to the face. How about a foot to the ass?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:29 pm

@Gingerchip wrote:

It's a West coast vs East coast thing for me.  There are a ton of Hawks fans in my area of CA, and they are intolerable.  Their white towel waving thing drives me nuts.

affraid

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm don't hate the cheats as much as you guys do, "obviously"

Make no mistake, I hate them, just not to the degree that you guys do.

The Ravens are dirty players (Suggs late hit to Blount's knees, for example).  Period. Any team that glorifies a murderer, is scum.  Any owner of a team that is BFF with Goodell, well need I say more?  Plus if Tomlin can't stand Harbaugh, he must have some damn good reasons. They remind me of the East coast version of the old Raiders:

Tom Brady came away from Sunday’s divisional round playoff win over the Baltimore Ravens with a very bloodshot right eye. It almost looked like Brady popped a blood vessel at some point during the game, but how does that happen with a helmet on?

According to Brady, Ravens defensive end Timmy Jernigan poked him in the eye. And Brady obviously felt Jernigan did it on purpose, because that was the point during the game where he became livid and screamed in the face of an official.

Here’s evidence that appears to show Jernigan pointing his finger toward Brady’s facemask during a scuffle.

On Thursday, a reporter asked Brady if the eye injury happened on his quarterback sneak.

“No, it was when I was arguing with that guy and then he poked me in the eye, and I was trying to yell at the ref,” he explained, via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com. “I said, ‘He just poked me in the eye!’ He obviously didn’t see it.”

Brady was then asked if the poking happened during the scrum or after.

“Afterwards,” he said. “It’s a good move, the eye gouge. You can’t even do that in professional wrestling.”

A lot of people thought Brady should have been flagged for getting so animated with the official. But if Jernigan went all Brandon Spikes on Brady, you can understand why No. 12 was so fired up

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tom-brady%e2%80%99s-eye-was-poked-by-timmy-jernigan/ar-AA8e4ca

Plus, Pete Carroll didn't exactly have a clean reputation at USC (one of my fav college teams). Another reason I hate the Hags.  Also, spygate is over and done. There are other NFL teams that pulled some shady stuff (Bountygate for example).  Even some of our own players have been accused of shady off field behavior.

Last point -- if Brady wins another SB, maybe he will retire and we can all sit back and watch the demise of the Pats*.

Good grief -- I sound like a Patriot apologist.  Ok Wally, you get kick me in the butt now.

Last edited by Gingerchip on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm cheering for the Colts and Packers.

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Truck was right in rooting for the Ravens to beat the Patriots*.

It's not as simple as the best team wins. Matchups and style of play are important. The Colts had no chance against the Patriots*. However, I think the Colts could have beat the Ravens. Now we got the stinkin' Cheatriots in the Super Bowl.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:52 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
Truck was right in rooting for the Ravens to beat the Patriots***.

It's not as simple as the best team wins. Matchups and style of play are important. The Colts had no chance against the Patriots***. However, I think the Colts could have beat the Ravens. Now we got the stinkin' Cheatriots in the Super Bowl.

I'm definitely not happy with the results of Championship Sunday.   I really thought GB had it, and there was my team to cheer for.

I'm not going to be so crude as to say "go cheats", but after reading more about Pete Carroll, the trash talking Sherman, and Lynch and his expensive custom gold cleats he was going to wear (until the NFL said no way), I hate the Hags even more.

This is a lose lose SB for me (almost a close second to the Hairball bowl).  But I will feel one nanometer better if the Cheats win.  And maybe, Tom terrific will retire and we will have seen the last of him.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:05 am

I don't mind Lynch's gold cleats. Good Lord, the NFL needs to lighten up. I mean they let Brady wear a tutu every week.

There's no way in this earth I'd cheer for the Patriots****, well unless someone was going to pay me exceptionally well (cash in hand) to cheer for them. And since that isn't happening, then for me...GO SEAHAWKS!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:58 am

2015 is not a good year in sports for me. I can't stomach either team winning. I will not be watching the Super Bowl

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:37 am

I hope Seattle wins. I don't want to see them win again, but I would rather watch them win then New England.

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:58 am

@steelerdude15 wrote:
I hope Seattle wins. I don't want to see them win again, but I would rather watch them win then New England.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:42 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@steelerdude15 wrote:

Dito

It's not a matter of rooting for Seattle to win, for me it's rooting for the team the Cheaters play. I hope we see a repeat of last year's game where Seattle pummels the AFC Champions.

I hate the Patriots*. Not only did they cheat their way to 3 Super Bowl victories, but they've acted like arrogant a-holes in their victories. Nothing worse than watching a cheater gloat over their victory.

I've said this a few years ago and think it's worth repeating:

Belicheat couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag in Cleveland. He goes to NE and after perfecting a system of cheating, suddenly finds he can't lose. There's no coach in football history that has been able to keep dominance during so much personnel change ... and now we know how Belicheat has done it.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:25 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:
Belicheat couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag in Cleveland. He goes to NE and after perfecting a system of cheating, suddenly finds he can't lose

I have to disagree here.  I mean, I agree about the cheating.  He had Bledsoe and now he has Brady.  I hate Brady, but he is a great QB, and Bledsoe was nothing to sneeze at.  The Pats**** have had some great teams in the 2000's, and probably didn't need to resort to cheating tactics in order to win.

Having said that --- I have officially changed my mind.  I am no longer hoping that the Cheats win.  My conscience won't allow it first of all.  Secondly, I was reminded of Hines' comment after the 2001 AFC championship game which we lost.  Had the cheats not been spying, who knows?  Maybe we would have won.  Maybe would now have 7 instead of 6.  Yeah, the point is moot, but it still made me mad thinking about it.  No, I cannot cheer for cheaters, especially cheaters that just keep getting away with it.

I am not officially cheering for Seattle either as I hate them too.  I am going to approach this game with the midset that I will be happy for the team that loses.  I'm not watching the trophy presentation, or reading NFL news for a week afterward.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:52 am

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:15 pm

You are a better person than me @Gingerchip. I refuse to even watch the game. Two teams with crap moral fibers and IMO don't deserve to be playing there.

I know that I am in the "spoiled" generation of Steelers fans with the 3 Super Bowl appearances in a short time but I am VERY ready for another one.

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:41 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
You are a better person than me @Gingerchip.  I refuse to even watch the game.  Two teams with crap moral fibers and IMO don't deserve to be playing there.  

I know that I am in the "spoiled" generation of Steelers fans with the 3 Super Bowl appearances in a short time but I am VERY ready for another one.

I'm watching for entertainment purposes only. As I said, no trophy presentation for me. And if a great movie happens to be on, I'll watch it instead. Now you maybe you can understand why I waffled between the Pats* and Hags. I can't stand either team. It won't surprise me, at all, if down the road Pete Carroll is investigated for something shady. I know it's not right to judge, let alone pre-judge, but zebras usually don't change their stripes.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:12 pm

@Gingerchip wrote:
I was reminded of Hines' comment after the 2001 AFC championship game which we lost.  Had the cheats not been spying, who knows?

@Gingerchip WOW! You remember that comment??

I've talked to people about it over the years, and it appeared that I was the ONLY one who heard it. He commented after the game, so I can understand most Steelers fans tuning out by that point. But I've searched and searched for the quote on the Internet and have never been able to find even a reference to it. I was beginning to think that perhaps I imagined it in a drunken stupor.

This is a total paraphrase (just to get the gist of what I remember him saying) ... We couldn't do anything against the Patriots* defense. They had an answer for everything. It's almost like they were in the huddle with us.

A few times over the years, I got the sense that some people thought I was making it up because no one remembered (or heard) the Hines quote and there appears to be NO evidence of it. I was beginning to question myself.   So I didn't dream that after all?

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:49 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Gingerchip wrote:
I was reminded of Hines' comment after the 2001 AFC championship game which we lost.  Had the cheats not been spying, who knows?

I've talked to people about it over the years, and it appeared that I was the ONLY one who heard it. He commented after the game, so I can understand most Steelers fans tuning out by that point. But I've searched and searched for the quote on the Internet and have never been able to find even a reference to it. I was beginning to think that perhaps I imagined it in a drunken stupor.

This is a total paraphrase (just to get the gist of what I remember him saying) ... We couldn't do anything against the Patriots**** defense. They had an answer for everything. It's almost like they were in the huddle with us.

A few times over the years, I got the sense that some people thought I was making it up because no one remembered (or heard) the Hines quote and there appears to be NO evidence of it. I was beginning to question myself.   So I didn't dream that after all?

Wally!  I remember EVERYTHING that has anything to do with Hines!!!!

I thought Belicheat had been taping the D's signals. I don't remember the exact quote, but I thought he said something like (paraphrasing here) "It was weird, it was like they knew what are defense was going to do before we knew." You may be right on the quote but, either way, Hines called them out.

Now I'm even more irritated.  That game was won by one TD.  No one, and I mean no one, will ever convince me that we would have won that game if they hadn't been doing their spy thing.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:00 pm

@Gingerchip wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@Gingerchip wrote:

This is a total paraphrase (just to get the gist of what I remember him saying) ... We couldn't do anything against the Patriots****** defense. They had an answer for everything. It's almost like they were in the huddle with us.

Wally!  I remember EVERYTHING that has anything to do with Hines!!!!

I thought Belicheat had been taping the D's signals.  I don't remember the exact quote, but I thought he said something like (paraphrasing here) "It was weird, it was like they knew what our defense was going to do before we knew."  You may be right on the quote but, either way, Hines called them out.

Now I'm even more irritated.  That game was won by one TD.  No one, and I mean no one, will ever convince me that we would not have won that game if they hadn't been doing their spy thing.

Last edited by Gingerchip on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:31 am

@Gingerchip wrote:
I thought Belicheat had been taping the D's signals.  I don't remember the exact quote, but I thought he said something like (paraphrasing here) "It was weird, it was like they knew what our defense was going to do before we knew."  You may be right on the quote but, either way, Hines called them out.

You're probably right, of course. I honestly don't remember exactly what he said.

For some reason though, the words "in the huddle with us" always stayed with me. None of us knew about the Patriots* taping signals at that time, so perhaps I always associated his comments with the offense because he was a receiver. But it's possible (and more reasonable) that he was speaking about the job the Patriot offense did against our defense.

Either way, despite the fact that his comments meant nothing at the time and didn't leave a more permanent memory with me, as soon as I first heard about spygate, I immediately remembered Hines making comments that could be tied into what was happening. I really wish we could find the exact quotes. Over the years, I've seen references to Hines talking about the Steelers getting cheated, but I've never seen those quotes from after the game. All the quotes I've seen on the Internet from Hines have been after the fact, after spygate.

EDIT: Nice, I was just doing some searching and stumbled across this:

Quote :
I can’t help but remember the words of players like Hines Ward and Joey Porter following that disappointing loss to New England saying things like “it’s like they knew what we were going to do before we did it…” and “they were almost calling our plays before we called them.”

http://stillcurtain.com/2014/01/16/former-steelers-hc-bill-cowher-pardons-belichick-spygate/

Still though ... it sounds like the blogger is making up the quotes from memory (same as us). I still want to see the exact quotes. I'll keep searching. That's the first time I've ever found anything that easily. It's been a long time since I've searched, so perhaps more is out there now.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:35 pm

I am rooting for the Seahawks at this point. It absolutely kills me but this cheating stuff is ridiculous and I can't imagine them cheating to win ANOTHER Super Bowl. There is a Pats* fan on the radio station I listen to the in the morning and he is super defensive about this Deflategate thing. Why would a ball boy deflate a ball if his QB didn't want it? Really? Also, he is saying the NFL not only should apologize to the Pats* but also nullify Tyree's catch in that Super Bowl because Eli was in the grasp. Ridiculous.

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:28 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
I am rooting for the Seahawks at this point.

At THIS point? You should have been rooting for them the second the Patriots** beat the Colts.

It's bad enough Ginger was trying to give me a stroke by rooting for the Patriots*.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Are You Rooting For Now?   

Back to top Go down

Who Are You Rooting For Now?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: