HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:55 pm

After trailing 16-0, the Seahawks came back to win in OT, 28-22.

I'm not sure if you could call it a melt down by the Packers defense, or the fact that the Packers twice failed to convert short and goal situations in to TDs.

Either way, give credit to the Seahawks for keeping the game close, and making the packers pay for not playing 60 minutes of solid football.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:39 am

The Seahawks came back against the Patriots** huh?

PostSubject: Re: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:13 pm

@steelerdude15 wrote:
The Seahawks came back against the Patriots*** huh?

Predicting the future is just one of Truck's many skills.

*Title fixed.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Everyone is talking about the onside kick, but another play in the fourth quarter jumped out at me at the time. Late in the 4th, Green Bay was up 2 scores. Seattle had the ball in Green Bay territory, and it sure felt like if the Seahawks didn't score a TD on that possession, the game was over. Green Bay intercepted a pass. After the INT, the DB immediately slid to the ground. He had plenty of room to run and probably could have taken the ball to at least around the 50. But instead of running to put the offense in good position, he was concerned with protecting the ball and giving it back to the offense so they could run down the clock. Of course, Green Bay went ultra conservative and gave the ball right back to the Seahawks. After the INT, I said to my wife something like: "Green Bay thinks this game is over. I've watched enough football to know that anything can happen."

It's easy to point to the onside kick for the reason why the Packers lost. But it never should have come down to that. During most of the 4th, Green Bay was playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm just sick over this game.

Had the Packers won, it would have made it easy for me to honestly root for a team in the SB.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:03 am

The Packers incredibly gave up on putting the game away. Look at the way the Patriots**** put the nail in the coffin. That's the mentality you've got to have in order to win a game these days in the NFL. It's one of the reason the Steelers have lost games, because offensively they won't go for the jugular. Green Bay failed to put the Seahawks out of their misery and instead are now living in their own.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:59 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
Everyone is talking about the onside kick, but another play in the fourth quarter jumped out at me at the time. Late in the 4th, Green Bay was up 2 scores. Seattle had the ball in Green Bay territory, and it sure felt like if the Seahawks didn't score a TD on that possession, the game was over. Green Bay intercepted a pass. After the INT, the DB immediately slid to the ground. He had plenty of room to run and probably could have taken the ball to at least around the 50. But instead of running to put the offense in good position, he was concerned with protecting the ball and giving it back to the offense so they could run down the clock. Of course, Green Bay went ultra conservative and gave the ball right back to the Seahawks. After the INT, I said to my wife something like: "Green Bay thinks this game is over. I've watched enough football to know that anything can happen."

It's easy to point to the onside kick for the reason why the Packers lost. But it never should have come down to that. During most of the 4th, Green Bay was playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

I was watching the game at the bar with some buddies and many of them said it was over after they got the INT and it was the smart thing to slide it down. I disagreed with them because, like your wife, I've watched enough football to know that it isn't over until it's over.

Green Bay needed to go for the jugular there and try to score the points. I don't know what that DB was thinking but that play that could have put the nail in the coffin ended up propping the coffin door open just a bit.

PostSubject: Re: NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers   

Back to top Go down

NFC: Seahawks with a comeback against the Packers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: