HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:59 pm

By Marc Sessler

The NFL broke new ground this week by making Sarah Thomas the first full-time female official in league history. Could a female coach be next?

Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians sees it as a true possibility.

"Someone asked me yesterday, 'When are we going to have female coaches?'" said Arians, per ESPN.com's Josh Weinfuss. "The minute they can prove they can make a player better, they'll be hired."

The NFL can look to the NBA for inspiration after the forward-thinking San Antonio Spurs hired former WNBA star Becky Hammon as an assistant. Meanwhile, more than a few high school football teams have already made the leap to hire females to their coaching staff.

READ MORE: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000484893/article/bruce-arians-female-coaches-could-be-in-nfls-future

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Hope that not just in the NFL but in all the sports, MLB, NHL, and NBA one day.

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:43 am

Crap.....I better get my resume ready for ArtII

Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:16 am

You are not the only one that needs a resume! Would love to have had that kind of education.

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:22 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
By Marc Sessler

The NFL broke new ground this week by making Sarah Thomas the first full-time female official in league history. Could a female coach be next?

Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians sees it as a true possibility.

"Someone asked me yesterday, 'When are we going to have female coaches?'" said Arians, per ESPN.com's Josh Weinfuss. "The minute they can prove they can make a player better, they'll be hired."

The NFL can look to the NBA for inspiration after the forward-thinking San Antonio Spurs hired former WNBA star Becky Hammon as an assistant. Meanwhile, more than a few high school football teams have already made the leap to hire females to their coaching staff.

READ MORE: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000484893/article/bruce-arians-female-coaches-could-be-in-nfls-future

Wouldn't that also make her the first FULL TIME official ever? We all know the NFL doesn't have Full Time officials.

Anyway, who cares if a female coaches a team or not. Hell I don't care if they put on the pads come game day. As long as they can do the job they've been hired to do.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:57 am

Certainly possible.

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:32 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

That's discrimination. We hire male special teams coaches all the time who can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Hey, don't quote me Vis ... I didn't say that. I was just the messenger.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Since when does Bruce Arians know anything about coaching?

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:58 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:

Cue the Alice's Restaurant vamp...

"Well it all started about eight years ago when Bruce Arians went up to visit Mr. Rooney in the Front Office..."

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:37 pm

@FanSince72 wrote:
@Buddha Bus wrote:

Cue the Alice's Restaurant vamp...

"Well it all started about eight years ago when Bruce Arians went up to visit Mr. Rooney in the Front Office..."

Man! Talking shit about Bruce Arians is, to you, like chumming the water for hungry sharks.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:53 pm

wait.....dont the rats already have a female coach???

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:19 pm

@vasteeler wrote:

They have a cheerleading squad that aspires to be female.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:11 pm

@vasteeler wrote:

Women are far more elegant and things of beauty than the troll the Rats put in front of the podium to whine 20+ times a season.

PostSubject: Re: Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future   

Back to top Go down

Arians: Female coaches could be in NFL's future
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: