HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

TPOP: Steelers big board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:15 pm

@teegre wrote:
@KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Indeed.  As far as CB goes, I don't think that the value is there at 22.  The problem is: all of the elite pass-rushers may be gone by then.  

So, the top tier OLBs are gone, do they "reach" for a CB?... or, get the second best NT (or OG) in the draft?  

It's a tough decision.  

Here's my solution:  
1.  Trade back from 22.  
2.  Draft a second-tier CB at a better "value" spot.  
3.  Use the new pick, to trade up in R2.  
4.  Draft a third-tier OLB at a better "value" spot.

Great theory. We just haven't traded down too often save for Hampton.

Just seeing the varying tiers of Cbs and Lbs they've shown interest in tells me they are prepared to take a cb or olb in any given round. That being said pick number 1 could be a curve ball . A nt, an O lineman , or a safety , or hell what if they have a hush hush man crush on TE Max Williams...... you don't know !

What I'm sayin , my brother is I could see Bpa sans Ilb , C, Qb, RB, kicker or punter in the first round.

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:49 am

@steelstoned1972 wrote:

Just seeing the varying tiers of Cbs and Lbs they've shown interest in tells me they are prepared to take a cb or olb in any given round. That being said pick number 1 could be a curve ball . A nt, an O lineman , or a safety , or hell what if they have a hush hush man crush on TE Max Williams...... you don't know !

What I'm sayin ,  my brother is I could see Bpa sans Ilb , C, Qb, RB,  kicker or punter in the first round.

Indeed.  People need to be prepared for all of the OLBs to be gone, and for the Steelers to draft a NT or OG or SS (as opposed to reaching for a CB).  

The Steelers have brought in several CBs, from every round (ranging from R1 to R7).  Thus, I truly think that they will not reach at 22.  

The last two times that the Steelers had a glaring need, but there wasn't a player at that position who would fall to them, they traded up: SS (Troy) in 2003, and WR (Santonio) in 2006.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers traded up for one of the OLBs.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:20 am

@teegre wrote:
@steelstoned1972 wrote:

What I'm sayin ,  my brother is I could see Bpa sans Ilb , C, Qb, RB,  kicker or punter in the first round.

Indeed.  People need to be prepared for all of the OLBs to be gone, and for the Steelers to draft a NT or OG or SS (as opposed to reaching for a CB).  

The Steelers have brought in several CBs, from every round (ranging from R1 to R7).  Thus, I truly think that they will not reach at 22.  

The last two times that the Steelers had a glaring need, but there wasn't a player at that position who would fall to them, they traded up: SS (Troy) in 2003, and WR (Santonio) in 2006.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers traded up for one of the OLBs.

So are we digging deep into that Longhorn pool for Big Snack 2.0 ?

Back to top Go down
teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:30 am

@steelstoned1972 wrote:

Malcolm Btown would not surprise me one bit.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:49 am

[of uote="teegre"]
@steelstoned1972 wrote:

Malcolm Btown would not surprise me one bit.  [/quote]

you know what else wouldn't surprise me? what if Tomlin and Lake have faith that they can turn Marcus Peters around ?

that pic scares me but othey can get his head straight he's a top 10 talent

Back to top Go down
teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:32 am

@steelstoned1972 wrote:

you know what else wouldn't surprise me? what if Tomlin and Lake have faith that they can turn Marcus Peters around ?

that pic scares me but othey can get his head straight he's a top 10 talent

That would indeed be a high reward type of pick.  Peters is the BEST cornerback in this draft; were he not a "problem child", he'd be going top 5.  

Maybe he's drafted, and is good for his rookie contract (works hard to get that second contract).  After he gets his big payday, I'd fear that he'd revert back to the "problem child."  But, we'll worry about that bridge when we come to it.  

Would he be the #1 CB on this team?  Absolutely  
Would he be a top 5 CB in the league?  Possibly  
Will he be a lockeroom distraction?  That's the $64,000 question

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:04 am

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu's Injury Worse Than Advertised

Updated April 22, 2015
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

A few months ago, Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was in the running to be the top-ranked corner, but then he suffered a knee injury during bowl practice before Oregon's game against Florida State. It was said to be a torn ACL, but team sources I've spoken to say the knee injury was much worse and was along the lines of Marcus Lattimore or Willis McGahee's rather than a simple ACL tear like the one suffered by Georgia running back Todd Gurley or Texas A&M offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi.

Sources say that Ekpre-Olomu tore more than an ACL and there was a variety of damage done to his knee. At one point, there were some teams' medical staffs that were wondering if lingering effects of the injury would force Ekpre-Olomu to retire before every playing again, like Lattimore. However, recent checks have been more positive and teams feel that Ekpre-Olomu has a shot at playing again.

The injury is significant enough, however, that some teams are putting Ekpre-Olomu in their undrafted prospect group. A contact from one team thinks that Ekpre-Olomu could have a shot at going on day three of the draft like Lattimore did, but their team doesn't have a round grade on Ekpre-Olomu because of the medical report. They have Ekpre-Olomu as an undrafted free agent as well.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:42 am

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu's Injury Worse Than Advertised

Updated April 22, 2015
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

A few months ago, Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was in the running to be the top-ranked corner, but then he suffered a knee injury during bowl practice before Oregon's game against Florida State. It was said to be a torn ACL, but team sources I've spoken to say the knee injury was much worse and was along the lines of Marcus Lattimore or Willis McGahee's rather than a simple ACL tear like the one suffered by Georgia running back Todd Gurley or Texas A&M offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi.

Sources say that Ekpre-Olomu tore more than an ACL and there was a variety of damage done to his knee. At one point, there were some teams' medical staffs that were wondering if lingering effects of the injury would force Ekpre-Olomu to retire before every playing again, like Lattimore. However, recent checks have been more positive and teams feel that Ekpre-Olomu has a shot at playing again.

The injury is significant enough, however, that some teams are putting Ekpre-Olomu in their undrafted prospect group. A contact from one team thinks that Ekpre-Olomu could have a shot at going on day three of the draft like Lattimore did, but their team doesn't have a round grade on Ekpre-Olomu because of the medical report. They have Ekpre-Olomu as an undrafted free agent as well.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Well that sucks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Steelers big board    

Back to top Go down

TPOP: Steelers big board
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: The Front Office-
Jump to: