HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Which NFL teams got unfair schedules? University at Buffalo engineers know
By Frank Schwab
3 hours ago
Shutdown Corner

Washington Redskins fans, you might not want to hear this.

University at Buffalo engineers, who have done a study on imbalances in the NFL schedule and presented it at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference earlier this year, have studied the 2015 NFL schedule that was released this week. One of the main imbalances they look at is which teams get the most games against "rested" opponents – those coming off Thursday night games or bye weeks.

Yep, Washington got the shortest stick in that area.

Washington plays five games against opponents with extra rest this year, the UB engineers said. That's the most in the NFL. The Redskins have three games against teams coming off bye weeks and two games against teams coming off a Thursday game. That's a very high number; it's almost one-third of Washington's schedule.

Other teams shouldn't be too happy either. The Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks each have four games against opponents with extra rest. The New England Patriots**, Buffalo Bills (who have frequently gotten imbalanced schedules the past few years), San Diego Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs are next at three each.

"We had a detailed look at the 2015, and we see again the imbalances are significant," said Murat Kurt, PhD, an assistant professor in UB’s Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering.

Some teams should be much happier with their draw. The Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers and Arizona Cardinals don't play any games against teams coming off a bye or a Thursday night game.

(Read More:) http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/which-nfl-teams-got-unfair-schedules--university-of-buffalo-engineers-know-170455822.html

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Maybe the NFL is trying to keep the Potomac Area Natives from being competitive until they change their name.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:16 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
Maybe the NFL is trying to keep the Potomac Area Natives from being competitive until they change their name.

Or they just realize that it doesn't matter whether they have an unfair schedule or not because they suck and will lose most of them anyway.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:43 pm

I would be interested to revisit this at the end of the season and compare the prediction vs. the reality.

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:19 pm

I doubt it was intentional. To seemingly favor 16 teams is too seemingly unfavor the other 16. Cant make a fair schedule for everyone doesnt work that way.
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Thank God the Redskins got a difficult schedule, I was really worried about them competing this year.
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Fri May 01, 2015 12:24 pm

The Washington NFL team would have had such a promising season to look forward to if it wasn't for their unfair schedule.
Back to top Go down
Tom_the_Torch
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    Sun May 03, 2015 2:16 pm

The schedule makers have a ton of stuff to think about when making it:

Team requests
MLB playoffs at the beginning of the season (a lot of teams share parking with MLB teams, one or two share stadiums)
Other events at the venue (I don't think a single team owns their stadium)
Networks requesting certain games (the networks can request certain match ups for primetime games/FOX GOTW. They don't have to be granted those requests, but the league wants to make sure those games are match ups that people want to see, for the most part.)

Not everyone is going to get a favorable schedule. When you have the East playing the West that year, you're going to have swings where you're on the opposite coast two straight weeks sometimes. It is what it is. Last I checked, everyone plays 16 games.

"He had no teethe,and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, you can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant. I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of here!" - John Elway after getting knocked out of his first career start by Jack Lambert

"If I could live my life over, I'd be a football player, and you damn well better believe I'd be a Pittsburgh Steeler!" - Jack Lambert in his Hall of Fame acceptance speech
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?    

Back to top Go down

Which NFL teams got unfair schedules?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: