HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 MOCK: Dinner Takes All

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:53 am

I was a long-time contributor over at Steelers Fever. Since the explosion, I have been writing for The Point of Pittsburgh. Anyway, with the draft approaching, I created a mock... unlike any other mock you've probably ever seen. With no further ado...

Dinner Takes All
by
Tiger Rowan

Years ago, when the first three rounds of the NFL draft were held on a Saturday, it was an all-day food fest for me. I would awaken early, go to the gym, shower up, and buy a dozen donuts. Throughout the first round, I would eat about three donuts per hour, consuming the entire dozen by the end of the first round. Starting in round two, I would switch to eating pizza; again, my pace was about three slices per hour, finishing off the entire pizza by the end of round three.

Simply, it was a gluttonous nirvana.

Then, Roger Goodell went and messed everything up...

You can read the rest of the article here:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/dinner-takes-all-meals-influence-the-2015-nfl-draft/

I hope that you enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Vis

avatar

Posts : 1946
Likes : 1910
Join date : 2015-04-06
Location : South Kakalaki

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:42 am

Peters could be a headache. They didn't eat together because last time someone choked at dinner.

_________________
This is the strangest life I've ever known.
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:47 am

@Vis

LOL

Really though, Peters could indeed be a headache. That said, I was watching Gruden & Kiper, and they were talking about Peter's skill-level is on a completely different plane than the other CBs in this draft.

Gruden said that Trae Waynes and Kevin Johnson are good cover guys, but terrible tacklers. Other guys in R2, are good tacklers, but can't cover. Peters is the ONLY guy who can cover AND is a willing (& good) tackler.

Risk: yes
High reward: absolutely

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 pm

some simple rules i follow when it comes to the draft-

1. assume EVERY player is a headache and smokes weed, does addrall, drinks and drives, etc... and that every one of them has a 50/50 shot of getting caught. if they dont, it is by pure luck. (see: LeVeon Bell)

2. you can find and take a chance on angels who are going to attend medical college, are road scholors, minister, or go on missionaries but they will likely only have 6th-7th round talent and potential. draft enough of them and a few got a shot to turn into solid "diamonds in the rough" contributors. (see: Hoke, Keisel, Myron Rolle, Beachum)

3. an angel with 1st round talent is a once in a generation player and you will likely have to trade up for him. (see: Troy Polamalu)

_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Excellent post, Tony. Spot on.

Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

avatar

Posts : 851
Likes : 438
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Living in my fears

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm

@tony hipchest wrote:
some simple rules i follow when it comes to the draft-

1.  assume EVERY player is a headache and smokes weed, does addrall, drinks and drives, etc... and that every one of them has a 50/50 shot of getting caught.  if they dont, it is by pure luck.  (see: LeVeon Bell)

2.  you can find and take a chance on angels who are going to attend medical college, are road scholors, minister, or go on missionaries but they will likely only have 6th-7th round talent and potential.  draft enough of them and a few got a shot to turn into solid "diamonds in the rough" contributors.  (see: Hoke, Keisel, Myron Rolle, Beachum)

3.  an angel with 1st round talent is a once in a generation player and you will likely have to trade up for him.  (see: Troy Polamalu)

So in the other words.. Join the dark side.
Back to top Go down
Klewfish
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 11
Likes : 6
Join date : 2015-04-26

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:13 pm

I'd be pretty happy if the draft fell that way. Great mock teeg!
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:23 pm

@Klewfish wrote:
I'd be pretty happy if the draft fell that way. Great mock teeg!

Me, too... me, too.

(Thank you for the kind words.)

.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

avatar

Posts : 600
Likes : 143
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:28 pm

Great mock. I have Peters as my round 1 pick but my gut feeling wants too put Johnson there at 22.
Derrick Jackson the Wake Forest CB coach(who interned under Tomlin during his time with Tampa) Said they have been scouting Johnson since last season and have been getting inside information, so there really interested in him.

Hunter is one of my dark horse picks for OLB in round 2 but like last year I have us getting lucky with a player that Imo will fall through the first round that will (hopefully) fall to our 2nd round pick and that's Eli Harold from Virginia

1. Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
2. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
3. Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas (yes I know he didn't visit with the team but I'm pretty sure they didn't need too. Great player with a great character)
4. David Tull, OLB, Tennessee-Chattanooga
5. Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville
6. Quinton Spain, OG, West Virginia (Spain is going to be a steal Imo, He'll be Fosters replacement)
6. Matt Jones, RB, Florida
7. Cameron Clear, TE, Texas A&M
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:22 pm

@BlackAndGold wrote:
Great mock. I have Peters as my round 1 pick but my gut feeling wants too put Johnson there at 22.
Derrick Jackson the Wake Forest CB coach(who interned under Tomlin during his time with Tampa) Said they have been scouting Johnson since last season and have been getting inside information, so there really interested in him.

Hunter is one of my dark horse picks for OLB in round 2 but like last year I have us getting lucky with a player that Imo will fall through the first round that will (hopefully) fall to our 2nd round pick and that's Eli Harold from Virginia

1. Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
2. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
3. Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas (yes I know he didn't visit with the team but I'm pretty sure they didn't need too. Great player with a great character)
4. David Tull, OLB, Tennessee-Chattanooga
5. Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville
6. Quinton Spain, OG, West Virginia (Spain is going to be a steal Imo, He'll be Fosters replacement)
6. Matt Jones, RB, Florida
7. Cameron Clear, TE, Texas A&M

I like your mock, too. We have a lot of the same picks (Peters, Holliman, Spain, Jones)... and a similar player (Hunter = Harold).

I really like this Tull kid. Second round talent, who dropped due to injury.

PETERS vs. JOHNSON
I reeeeally hope that it's Peters instead of Johnson. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Johnson doesn't tackle; whereas, Peters is the complete package.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

avatar

Posts : 197
Likes : 65
Join date : 2013-05-16
Location : Hall of Fame city , canton Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:36 am

Great article. I tweeted it lol.

Anyhow, I am thinking the same thing. Most of the edge rushers are gone at 22. That leaves corners like Peters, Johnson , Jones , or Rowe. Possibly a wild card like Malcolm Brown , or a falling Tackle.

I think Orchard , Harold , Preston Smith are targets in the 2nd.

I sense a double dip at both positions. One early , one later of each . Toss in a TE for sure and bpa at other needs.

_________________
 Steelstoned1972  

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:13 pm

@steelstoned1972 wrote:
Great article. I tweeted it lol.

Anyhow,  I am thinking the same thing. Most of the edge rushers are gone at 22. That leaves corners like Peters,  Johnson , Jones , or Rowe.  Possibly a wild card like Malcolm Brown , or a falling Tackle.

I think Orchard , Harold ,  Preston Smith are targets in the 2nd.

I sense a double dip at both positions.  One early , one later of each . Toss in a TE for sure and bpa at other needs.

Thanks for tweeting it out.  (My editor suggested that I get a Twitter account, to do just that... but, I have no clue what to do).  

Yep: the pass-rushers will be gone by 22, and the Steelers wil either go CB or big ugly (NT, OG).  Then, OLB in R2.


.
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

avatar

Posts : 197
Likes : 65
Join date : 2013-05-16
Location : Hall of Fame city , canton Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:19 pm

@teegre wrote:
Jim Wexell agrees: Peters.  


http://pit.scout.com/story/1542215-prediction-steelers-get-their-cb?s=68


Jim is usually on his game.


.

_________________
 Steelstoned1972  

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:23 pm

@steelstoned1972 wrote:
@teegre wrote:
Jim Wexell agrees: Peters.  


http://pit.scout.com/story/1542215-prediction-steelers-get-their-cb?s=68


Jim is usually on his game.


.

Indeed.  

Colbert's comments made it blatantly obvious aboit whom he's hoping to draft.

.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

avatar

Posts : 197
Likes : 65
Join date : 2013-05-16
Location : Hall of Fame city , canton Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:32 pm

@teegre wrote:
@steelstoned1972 wrote:
@teegre wrote:
Jim Wexell agrees: Peters.  


http://pit.scout.com/story/1542215-prediction-steelers-get-their-cb?s=68


Jim is usually on his game.


.

Indeed.  

Colbert's comments made it blatantly obvious aboit whom he's hoping to draft.  

.


Unless he's also talking Ray or Gregory

_________________
 Steelstoned1972  

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:33 pm

@steelstoned1972 wrote:
@teegre wrote:
@steelstoned1972 wrote:
@teegre wrote:
Jim Wexell agrees: Peters.  


http://pit.scout.com/story/1542215-prediction-steelers-get-their-cb?s=68


Jim is usually on his game.


.

Indeed.  

Colbert's comments made it blatantly obvious aboit whom he's hoping to draft.  

.


Unless he's also talking Ray or Gregory

True... except, Colbert specifically mentioned the "choking a coach on the sidelines" incident... which, is specifically about Peters.

Man, I hope that they draft him.
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:44 pm

.

Oh wait... Wexell added the part about the choking incident. So, Yes, it could be Gregory or Ray.


That said, it doesn't really sound like he's talking about Gregory. Ray, yes... but, it just doesn't fit with what Gregory did.

.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

avatar

Posts : 197
Likes : 65
Join date : 2013-05-16
Location : Hall of Fame city , canton Ohio

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Who knows. Either way he's planting the seed that they've done their homework on the supposed troubled player.

_________________
 Steelstoned1972  

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

avatar

Posts : 851
Likes : 438
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Living in my fears

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:21 pm

He suggested misinformation though, which applies more towards Peters than either Ray or Gregory. Because the incident with Peters is behind smoke and mirrors. I find the choking on the sidelines thing ridiculous though, just from a common sense standpoint, because attempting to choke someone cant be as vague as the issues with Peters are. If I try to choke somebody tomorrow, in three days you'll know FOR SURE. One would think.
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:41 pm

@KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
He suggested misinformation though, which applies more towards Peters than either Ray or Gregory. Because the incident with Peters is behind smoke and mirrors. I find the choking on the sidelines thing ridiculous though, just from a common sense standpoint, because attempting to choke someone cant be as vague as the issues with Peters are. If I try to choke somebody tomorrow, in three days you'll know FOR SURE. One would think.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking, too.

That said, he did mention an "injury"... so, maybe Byron Jones.


Either way, I want Marcus Peters.


.
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:41 pm

@KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
He suggested misinformation though, which applies more towards Peters than either Ray or Gregory. Because the incident with Peters is behind smoke and mirrors. I find the choking on the sidelines thing ridiculous though, just from a common sense standpoint, because attempting to choke someone cant be as vague as the issues with Peters are. If I try to choke somebody tomorrow, in three days you'll know FOR SURE. One would think.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking, too.

That said, he did mention an "injury"... so, maybe Byron Jones.


Either way, I want Marcus Peters.


.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

avatar

Posts : 851
Likes : 438
Join date : 2015-04-12
Location : Living in my fears

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:43 pm

@teegre wrote:
@KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
He suggested misinformation though, which applies more towards Peters than either Ray or Gregory. Because the incident with Peters is behind smoke and mirrors. I find the choking on the sidelines thing ridiculous though, just from a common sense standpoint, because attempting to choke someone cant be as vague as the issues with Peters are. If I try to choke somebody tomorrow, in three days you'll know FOR SURE. One would think.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking, too.  

That said, he did mention an "injury"... so, maybe Byron Jones.  


Either way, I want Marcus Peters.  


.

Aaaaaamen.
Back to top Go down
teegre

avatar

Posts : 852
Likes : 492
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Fri May 01, 2015 12:45 am

Dupree had dinner with Tomlin last night.

The algorithm works!!!
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    Fri May 01, 2015 1:04 am

@KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
He suggested misinformation though, which applies more towards Peters than either Ray or Gregory. Because the incident with Peters is behind smoke and mirrors. I find the choking on the sidelines thing ridiculous though, just from a common sense standpoint, because attempting to choke someone cant be as vague as the issues with Peters are. If I try to choke somebody tomorrow, in three days you'll know FOR SURE. One would think.
unless you are a Baltimore policeman.

Colbert's smokescreen worked.

Teams jumped on the CB's they thought the steelers coveted (like always) and a blue chip like bud Dupree fell in their laps. Good work by the FO.

_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MOCK: Dinner Takes All    

Back to top Go down
 
MOCK: Dinner Takes All
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: The Front Office-
Jump to: