HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2249
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Tomlin on Josh Scobee after losing the first game to the Patriots*-

" no, I am NOT concerned about him at all."


_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1783
Likes : 807
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:13 pm

@tony hipchest wrote:
Tomlin on Josh Scobee after losing the first game to the Patriots**-

" no, I am NOT concerned about him at all."


Give him a break, Tomlin said he has been solid.

I had a movement this morning that was solid, ....kind of reminds me of #95 production so far.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2111
Likes : 1068
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:20 am

I too was a big defender of Jarvis Jones in the past. Three years now, time to put up or shut up and he hasn't done anything to wow anybody. He was a first round pick, expectations come with that. I feel as though I've seen more from Bud Dupree in his very young rookie season, than I ever really saw with Jarvis Jones.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

avatar

Posts : 1783
Likes : 807
Join date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:17 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I too was a big defender of Jarvis Jones in the past. Three years now, time to put up or shut up and he hasn't done anything to wow anybody. He was a first round pick, expectations come with that. I feel as though I've seen more from Bud Dupree in his very young rookie season, than I ever really saw with Jarvis Jones.

Agree, Dupree shows more quickness off the snap, better bend around the edge and use of his hands against rushers. His size is better suited to play the LOLB, but maybe his better pass rush skills mean he ends up on the right side. Perhaps Jones and Dupree can coexist but on the opposite sides of the defense...but Jones definitely showed that his game was not worthy of a 1st round grade, but more like a 3rd or 4th round value. It happens huh.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert



Posts : 738
Likes : 416
Join date : 2015-05-02
Location : Tony Soprano's neighborhood

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:09 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I too was a big defender of Jarvis Jones in the past. Three years now, time to put up or shut up and he hasn't done anything to wow anybody. He was a first round pick, expectations come with that. I feel as though I've seen more from Bud Dupree in his very young rookie season, than I ever really saw with Jarvis Jones.

Have to agree with you here. Buds shows "fight," JJ does not.

And Bud's upside is a great deal higher, you can see it already.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 1495
Likes : 467
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:53 am

I'm getting that "Ziggy Hood" feeling with Jones. Only starting due to lack of options, makes a few plays here and there, but is no way an consistent or impact player.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:50 am

@jak341 wrote:
makes a few plays here and there...

i wouldnt even say that. in 4 games he only has 4 tackles, 5 assists, and of course 0 sacks, pressures, or passes defensed.

maybe teams are just going away from him like JJ Watt.

_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

avatar

Posts : 588
Likes : 143
Join date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 am

Hopefully Chickillo becomes a gem. I'd hate to see them use another 1st round pick on an OLB.

The 2013 draft class was weak. Most of the players drafted before Jarvis are bust.


Eric Reid or Desmond Trufant would have been nice though.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Zen
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 70
Likes : 14
Join date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:24 pm

@El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
@Chaotic Zen wrote:
Jarvis Jones is stunting Chickillo's development.



Thanks, I needed a good laugh for the day and this post did it.

You're welcome
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2249
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:14 pm

@BlackAndGold wrote:
Hopefully Chickillo becomes a gem. I'd hate to see them use another 1st round pick on an OLB.

The 2013 draft class was weak. Most of the players drafted before Jarvis are bust.

Eric Reid or Desmond Trufant would have been nice though.

or Alec Ogletree...
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 pm

...Or any kicker

_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

avatar

Posts : 410
Likes : 235
Join date : 2015-04-11

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:59 pm

Somewhere SteelersCanada is writing an apologetics on Jarvis Jones...
Back to top Go down
pczach

avatar

Posts : 911
Likes : 697
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:18 pm

@DesertSteel wrote:
Somewhere SteelersCanada is writing an apologetics on Jarvis Jones...


The most amazing thing about all of this is that SteelersCanada was one of a few of us(me included) that didn't think Jones was worthy of the Steelers first round pick that year. He wanted them to draft someone else. We specifically stated that his pass rush skills were nonexistent, and that he often played undisciplined and got most of his sacks on effort, not polished pass rush moves.

Once the Steelers drafted him and he started getting criticized for his play, he defended him and told fans they needed to give him more time before labeling him a bust......Even though he thought they should have never have taken him in the first place.

Life can get very strange sometimes.

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones.

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:24 pm

@pczach wrote:
@DesertSteel wrote:
Somewhere SteelersCanada is writing an apologetics on Jarvis Jones...


The most amazing thing about all of this is that SteelersCanada was one of a few of us(me included) that didn't think Jones was worthy of the Steelers first round pick that year. He wanted them to draft someone else. We specifically stated that his pass rush skills were nonexistent, and that he often played undisciplined and got most of his sacks on effort, not polished pass rush moves.

Once the Steelers drafted him and he started getting criticized for his play, he defended him and told fans they needed to give him more time before labeling him a bust......Even though he thought they should have never have taken him in the first place.

Life can get very strange sometimes.

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones.  

that is very noble of him but he did not offer up same courtesy to Mike Adams. That is very hypocritical of him, has he labeled him a bust and said he should be fired.

It's hard to listen to someone constantly trash one second year player while they tell everyone else it's time to shut up about another...

Oh and the reason Jarvis Jones hasn't been successful is because our stupid defensive coaches don't use him how the Kansas City Chiefs use Justin Houston.

_________________




. .


Last edited by tony hipchest on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pczach

avatar

Posts : 911
Likes : 697
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:29 pm

@tony hipchest wrote:
@pczach wrote:
@DesertSteel wrote:
Somewhere SteelersCanada is writing an apologetics on Jarvis Jones...


The most amazing thing about all of this is that SteelersCanada was one of a few of us(me included) that didn't think Jones was worthy of the Steelers first round pick that year. He wanted them to draft someone else. We specifically stated that his pass rush skills were nonexistent, and that he often played undisciplined and got most of his sacks on effort, not polished pass rush moves.

Once the Steelers drafted him and he started getting criticized for his play, he defended him and told fans they needed to give him more time before labeling him a bust......Even though he thought they should have never have taken him in the first place.

Life can get very strange sometimes.

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones.  

that is very noble of him but he did not offer up same courtesy to Mike Adams. That is very hypocritical of him, has he labeled him a bust and said he should be fired.

Absolutely. I get it.

You're right. He wouldn't give Mike Adams the same patience and understanding he was giving to Jarvis Jones. I told him that he wasn't being consistent, and that was the reason people were killing him about it.

I was just doing a teegre-like re-cap of the Jarvis Jones/SteelersCanada soap opera, and what led up to it.

I find the whole thing pretty funny, but I don't think SC does.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 pm

@pczach wrote:
@tony hipchest wrote:
@pczach wrote:
@DesertSteel wrote:
Somewhere SteelersCanada is writing an apologetics on Jarvis Jones...


The most amazing thing about all of this is that SteelersCanada was one of a few of us(me included) that didn't think Jones was worthy of the Steelers first round pick that year. He wanted them to draft someone else. We specifically stated that his pass rush skills were nonexistent, and that he often played undisciplined and got most of his sacks on effort, not polished pass rush moves.

Once the Steelers drafted him and he started getting criticized for his play, he defended him and told fans they needed to give him more time before labeling him a bust......Even though he thought they should have never have taken him in the first place.

Life can get very strange sometimes.

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones.  

that is very noble of him but he did not offer up same courtesy to Mike Adams. That is very hypocritical of him, has he labeled him a bust and said he should be fired.

Absolutely. I get it.

You're right. He wouldn't give Mike Adams the same patience and understanding he was giving to Jarvis Jones. I told him that he wasn't being consistent, and that was the reason people were killing him about it.

I was just doing a teegre-like re-cap of the Jarvis Jones/SteelersCanada soap opera, and what led up to it.

I find the whole thing pretty funny, but I don't think SC does.


No... He doesn't.

_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

avatar

Posts : 2443
Likes : 1840
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 pm

can we have more threads debating Mike Adams vs. Jarvis Jones, and also more Mike Wallace please

_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest



Posts : 1408
Likes : 641
Join date : 2015-04-20
Location : Jornado del Muerte

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 pm

@harrison'samonster wrote:
can we have more threads debating Mike Adams vs. Jarvis Jones, and also more Mike Wallace please
we got to see how long it takes Mike Adams to replace Kelvin Beachum once he returns from his injury.

Well Jones is a bust as a first round pick, I don't think he is a bust as a player. I don't think you should be fired and should finish out his contract at least next year here in Pittsburgh, as a backup if nothing else.

_________________




. .
Back to top Go down
pczach

avatar

Posts : 911
Likes : 697
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:07 pm

@tony hipchest wrote:
@pczach wrote:
@tony hipchest wrote:
@pczach wrote:
@DesertSteel wrote:
Somewhere SteelersCanada is writing an apologetics on Jarvis Jones...


The most amazing thing about all of this is that SteelersCanada was one of a few of us(me included) that didn't think Jones was worthy of the Steelers first round pick that year. He wanted them to draft someone else. We specifically stated that his pass rush skills were nonexistent, and that he often played undisciplined and got most of his sacks on effort, not polished pass rush moves.

Once the Steelers drafted him and he started getting criticized for his play, he defended him and told fans they needed to give him more time before labeling him a bust......Even though he thought they should have never have taken him in the first place.

Life can get very strange sometimes.

........and that is the legend of SteelersCanada and telling everyone to shut up about Jarvis Jones.  

that is very noble of him but he did not offer up same courtesy to Mike Adams. That is very hypocritical of him, has he labeled him a bust and said he should be fired.

Absolutely. I get it.

You're right. He wouldn't give Mike Adams the same patience and understanding he was giving to Jarvis Jones. I told him that he wasn't being consistent, and that was the reason people were killing him about it.

I was just doing a teegre-like re-cap of the Jarvis Jones/SteelersCanada soap opera, and what led up to it.

I find the whole thing pretty funny, but I don't think SC does.


No... He doesn't.


I was underselling that statement a little bit!
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

avatar

Posts : 177
Likes : 103
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:28 pm

@tony hipchest wrote:


that is very noble of him but he did not offer up same courtesy to Mike Adams. That is very hypocritical of him, has he labeled him a bust and said he should be fired.

It's hard to listen to someone constantly trash one second year player while they tell everyone else it's time to shut up about another...

Oh and the reason Jarvis Jones hasn't been successful is because our stupid defensive coaches don't use him how the Kansas City Chiefs use Justin Houston.

Thank you, Zach.

Tony, you and I have battled each other over a lot of (often silly) things, but this is one thing I won't fight you on. Adams' consistent poor play followed by little progression in any area of his game led to me being hypocritical and perhaps too hard on Adams. I didn't extend the same courtesy to Adams and I likely should have -- again, another fair point.

I've been disappointed with Jones' play so far this season and it's unfortunate how unproductive he has been to this point. In a lot of ways, Jones and Adams have a lot of the same technical flaws that I believe will prevent them from being anything more than rotational depth players in this league. Jones still relies too heavily on his athleticism and Adams still struggles in pass protection with his kickslide. Their biggest areas of concern and areas that needed the most improvement have seen little to no progress.

If Jones' play doesn't considerably improve from now to the end of the season, it's time to start looking for someone who can complement Dupree on the right side. I do not believe that player is on the roster right now, Chickillo included.

Side note: I have never and will never understand the infatuation with Chickillo on here. He's a converted defensive end that hasn't shown the ability and athleticism to properly transition to OLB. Howard Jones -- another player I preached patience and willingness to develop and said should've made this years 53 -- just registered his second sack for the Bucs today. Looks like we may have kept the wrong Jones.

Side note 2: It's interesting to mention the Chiefs and Jones, because under Butler, the defensive ends are being asked to play one-gap and get pressure up the middle instead of trying to play Heyward like a 2-gap, traditional 5-tech DE. Though I won't open that particular can of worms again.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

avatar

Posts : 177
Likes : 103
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:37 pm

@pczach wrote:

I find the whole thing pretty funny, but I don't think SC does.

At this point, it always cracks me up how massive that thread became and how it transitioned over here.

Wasn't it one of the biggest threads on SF?
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

avatar

Posts : 2443
Likes : 1840
Join date : 2015-04-08
Location : Near Youngstown OH

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:51 pm

@SteelersCanada wrote:
@pczach wrote:

I find the whole thing pretty funny, but I don't think SC does.

At this point, it always cracks me up how massive that thread became and how it transitioned over here.

Wasn't it one of the biggest threads on SF?

SteelersCanada is still here! Haven't talked to you in a long time!

It did go on and on, I think the only three people who really read it though was you, Tony, and El-Gonzo!


_________________
Have you ever wondered what you would look like frozen in carbonite?
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

avatar

Posts : 177
Likes : 103
Join date : 2015-04-10

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:57 pm

@harrison'samonster wrote:


SteelersCanada is still here!  Haven't talked to you in a long time!

It did go on and on, I think the only three people who really read it though was you, Tony, and El-Gonzo!


HAM - Nice to see you again man. It has indeed been a long time.

I'd say good times, but man oh man that thread got a little... out of control.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2249
Likes : 1111
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:22 pm

@SteelersCanada wrote:
@pczach wrote:

I find the whole thing pretty funny, but I don't think SC does.

At this point, it always cracks me up how massive that thread became and how it transitioned over here.

Wasn't it one of the biggest threads on SF?

your legacy will forever live on in infamy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones   

Back to top Go down
 
It's Time for Joey Porter to Shut Up About Jarvis Jones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: