HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    Thu May 07, 2015 3:40 pm

5/7/2015 1:15:40 PM wrote:
The Dallas Cowboys have reached a deal with undrafted free-agent offensive lineman La'el Collins, a source confirmed to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The Cowboys fully guaranteed the three-year, $1.65 million deal, the source said.

After meeting with Collins on Wednesday night at Jerry Jones' Highland Park home, the Cowboys were able to come to the agreement on Thursday.

Collins was viewed as a first-round pick entering last week's draft, but went undrafted when his name was linked to an investigation into the murder of his pregnant former girlfriend.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/49587/Source--Cowboys-sign-La-el-Collins-to-deal/Default.aspx

Jerry Jones doesn't care he'll pick up any player.

PostSubject: Re: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    Thu May 07, 2015 3:48 pm

5/7/2015 11:27:31 AM wrote:

Greg Hardy's appeal to be reviewed by Harold Henderson

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy's appeal of his 10-game suspension will be heard by the same arbitrator that upheld the penalty against Adrian Peterson, which prompted a prolonged court battle between the NFL and the players' association, Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas reports.

A source confirmed that former NFL executive Harold Henderson will take on Hardy's appeal of his 10-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy stemming from an incident last year in Charlotte, North Carolina.

In July 2014, Hardy was found guilty of assaulting a former girlfriend, Nicole Holder, and threatening to kill her. He received a 60-day suspended sentence and 18 months' probation on misdemeanor charges.

PostSubject: Re: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    Thu May 07, 2015 4:24 pm

That line is going to be stacked.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    Thu May 07, 2015 7:15 pm

I wanted to draft him and I would have been fine spending as high as a 4th round pick on him. How no team secured his rights by using a 7th round pick is amazing.

. .
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    Thu May 07, 2015 7:24 pm

@tony hipchest wrote:
I wanted to draft him and I would have been fine spending as high as a 4th round pick on him. How no team secured his rights by using a 7th round pick is amazing.
I totally agree with you Tony. We should have taken a flyer on this guy. Every scouting service I read had him as a first round draft pick. This kid can play and unless they aren't telling us everything, it appears they never considered him a suspect. We'll see. If he didn't do anything wrong, I feel bad for the kid because it had to cost him tons of money.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    Thu May 07, 2015 7:42 pm

@Pappy wrote:
@tony hipchest wrote:
I totally agree with you Tony. We should have taken a flyer on this guy. Every scouting service I read had him as a first round draft pick. This kid can play and unless they aren't telling us everything, it appears they never considered him a suspect. We'll see. If he didn't do anything wrong, I feel bad for the kid because it had to cost him tons of money.
same here. He never acted like he was guilty or hiding something. If he were I don't think he would have tried to get into the Supplemental Draft, or try to get put into next years draft.

. .
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    Thu May 07, 2015 11:32 pm

problems follow problems.

PostSubject: Re: Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal    

Back to top Go down

Source: Cowboys sign La'el Collins to deal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: