HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shovelnose
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Mon May 11, 2015 5:51 pm

He will like appeal and still play the Steelers.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-suspends-Patriots**-quarterback-Tom-Brady-37224485

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the NFL has suspended New England Patriots* quarterback Tom Brady for four games, stemming from the findings in attorney Ted Wells’ 103-day investigation and 243-page report.

The Patriots* will forfeit a 2016 first-round draft pick, a 2017 fourth-round pick and be fined $1 million, a source has told Schefter. Additionally, the team has suspended employees Jim McNally and John Jastremski indefinitely without pay, Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun has reported.

Wells’ report concluded it is "more probable than not" that Brady and Patriots* personnel violated and circumvented the league’s playing rules by underinflating footballs leading up to January's AFC Championship Game.

Brady’s agent, Don Yee, released a statement going against the grain of the Wells report last Wednesday. And he told CNN last Thursday that his client had no knowledge of the deflated footballs, stating he believed Brady was innocent.

Since stepping into the starting job behind center in September of 2001, Brady has missed just 15 regular-season games in his career, all due to the ACL and MCL tears he suffered in Week 1 of the 2008 campaign. But he is now slated miss four games for reasons other than injury.

The 37-year-old Michigan product has amassed 10 Pro Bowls, two NFL MVPs, six AFC championships, and four Super Bowl championships. He holds 16 playoff and Super Bowl records.

Now, he holds the right to appeal his suspension, and can participate in all offseason activities as well as preseason games.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 pm

How could he possibly play against the Steelers? There is no way an appeal should be allowed to drag into the regular season. It should be able to be appealed and settled on well before the beginning of the season. It's not like this is happening mid-season and an appeal would have too have time to be heard before the next game. We have almost 4 months till the first game. If they allow him to play against the Steelers it will be obvious that there is a clear bias for the Pats* and against the Steelers. There is absolutely no excuse for Brady being allowed to play that first game with this punishment being handed down this early. They shouldn't be given any quarter for their bad behavior, no matter how much revenue the league stands to lose over it.

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Pappy
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Mon May 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Cry Brady got what he deserved and so did the team but I feel bad for the two ball boys for getting suspended without pay. What a joke. All they did was what Brady told them to do. If they didn't do it, they would have been fired. I hope the two of them sue the shit out of the Patriots*.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue May 12, 2015 12:29 am

I can't believe they actually did it, but the cheating was real and the punishment was definitely handed down. The big debate though, has always been: did this give the Pats** an advantage? The no-brainer answer is yes.....why else would there be a rule against something, and why would somebody try to break it? So then, the question becomes: how much of an advantage does this give you? Well, I haven't played much football, but I do know from experience that a smaller ball is easier to grip and throw, so an under-inflated ball definitely meets the parameters of my limited experience. Other than that, I watched a couple of slightly telling videos, that also happen to be entertaining:

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 am

@Steel Peon wrote:
I can't believe they actually did it, but the cheating was real and the punishment was definitely handed down. The big debate though, has always been: did this give the Pats*** an advantage? The no-brainer answer is yes.....why else would there be a rule against something, and why would somebody try to break it? So then, the question becomes: how much of an advantage does this give you? Well, I haven't played much football, but I do know from experience that a smaller ball is easier to grip and throw, so an under-inflated ball definitely meets the parameters of my limited experience. Other than that, I watched a couple of slightly telling videos, that also happen to be entertaining:

IMO it doesn't really matter if it does give the team an advantage of breaking the rules. The key is that there is a rule set by the league, the Pats* broke it. In addition, they try to pretend that they know nothing about it, which is a lie. They cheated and they don't even want to admit it. Instead, they blame the league being unfair to them.

The punishment is not only about breaking the rule. It's also about their poor cover up.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue May 12, 2015 11:30 am

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue May 12, 2015 11:35 am

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue May 12, 2015 11:37 am

@JonM229 wrote:
Heh very true.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Wed May 13, 2015 1:19 pm

There's a great gif on FB, but I can't get it to transfer over.....

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
shovelnose
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Wed May 13, 2015 3:15 pm

If they reduce his suspension there will be riots..

too soon?

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Thu May 14, 2015 8:44 am

@Lokki wrote:
If they reduce his suspension there will be riots..

too soon?

Never too soon when it comes to Brady

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sat May 16, 2015 5:51 pm

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sat May 16, 2015 7:25 pm

That fine of Robert Kraft is chump change to him.

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Goodell will not recuse himself.

Quote :
Sepp Blatter might step down, but Roger Goodell will not.

The NFL has announced that Commissioner Roger Goodell officially has told the NFLPA he will not recuse himself, and will in fact hear Tom Brady’s #DeflateGate appeal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/02/roger-goodell-officially-tells-nflpa-he-will-not-recuse-himself/

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:23 am

So glad he won't recuse himself. Let the Patriots***** and Brady see how it feels.

This should have happened during spygate, but Goodell didn't have the balls to do anything. Now his hand has been forced and he has no choice but to see this through.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:43 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
So glad he won't recuse himself.  Let the Patriots****** and Brady see how it feels.

This should have happened during spygate, but Goodell didn't have the balls to do anything.  Now his hand has been forced and he has no choice but to see this through.

Maybe Tommy Boy deflated them?

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:17 pm

@Buddha Bus wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
So glad he won't recuse himself.  Let the Patriots******* and Brady see how it feels.

This should have happened during spygate, but Goodell didn't have the balls to do anything.  Now his hand has been forced and he has no choice but to see this through.

Maybe Tommy Boy deflated them?  

If it wasn't Brady then it was either Belicheck or Kraft

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:33 am

Tom Brady on the field for Week 1 against the Steelers? It's looking more likely

Quote :
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) issued a report yesterday slamming the Wells report, and perhaps paving the way to a reduced or completely suspended punishment for the Patriots* star quarterback alleged involvement in the illegal deflation of footballs.

AEI found the Wells report was flawed because of the statistical procedure used to determine that Patriots* footballs had deflated significantly more than the Colts' during the course of the game that precipitated the original investigation. It also found Ted Wells failed to investigate all "relevant" scenarios related to the pressure of the footballs. One such scenario is ambient temperature and the timing of the pressure checks. Temperature is a factor the Patriots* organization cited the wake of the initial accusations earlier in the year.

The authors of the report concluded, "It is therefore unlikely that the Patriots* deflated the footballs." The AEI's report did not address the text messages cited in the Wells report that shed light on Brady's preferred ball pressure and gifts he may have been providing to staff members to deflate NFL gameday footballs. Nonetheless the authors of the AEI report wrote in a June 12 New York Times opinion piece, "When the NFL hears Mr. Brady's appeal of his suspension later this month, it should proceed with the knowledge that the Wells report is unreliable."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tom-brady-on-the-field-for-week-1-against-the-steelers-its-looking-more-likely/ar-BBl6wgI?ocid=U219DHP

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:30 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Tom Brady on the field for Week 1 against the Steelers? It's looking more likely

Quote :
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) issued a report yesterday slamming the Wells report, and perhaps paving the way to a reduced or completely suspended punishment for the Patriots*** star quarterback alleged involvement in the illegal deflation of footballs.

AEI found the Wells report was flawed because of the statistical procedure used to determine that Patriots*** footballs had deflated significantly more than the Colts' during the course of the game that precipitated the original investigation. It also found Ted Wells failed to investigate all "relevant" scenarios related to the pressure of the footballs. One such scenario is ambient temperature and the timing of the pressure checks. Temperature is a factor the Patriots*** organization cited the wake of the initial accusations earlier in the year.

The authors of the report concluded, "It is therefore unlikely that the Patriots*** deflated the footballs." The AEI's report did not address the text messages cited in the Wells report that shed light on Brady's preferred ball pressure and gifts he may have been providing to staff members to deflate NFL gameday footballs. Nonetheless the authors of the AEI report wrote in a June 12 New York Times opinion piece, "When the NFL hears Mr. Brady's appeal of his suspension later this month, it should proceed with the knowledge that the Wells report is unreliable."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tom-brady-on-the-field-for-week-1-against-the-steelers-its-looking-more-likely/ar-BBl6wgI?ocid=U219DHP

Nice to know a right wing think tank has nothing better to do with its resources than carry water for Brady and the Patriots**.

Would be interesting to know why the authors of the analysis were motivated to study this gross miscarriage of justice and, assuming they did not do the work on their own time, who paid for it

My bet is the suspension will be reduced but that Goodell does not want to take the PR hit involved in totally eliminating the suspension
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:13 am

Team Brady puts out post-hearing spin as a "source" for ESPN

No details of Tom Brady's appeal of a four-game suspension were immediately available after a 10-hour hearing, but a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that "Tom Brady's greatest ally today was Tom Brady."

Sources also told Schefter that Brady came off as very genuine, earnest and persuasive, addressing every issue raised in the league-sanctioned Wells report during Tuesday's lengthy meeting.

One of the sources called it "an A-plus performance."...

Patriots* owner Bob Kraft, who is on a trip to Israel with a group of Pro Football Hall of Famers, sent a sworn affidavit backing Brady. One source said the affidavit was very compelling, and had "almost a holy feel to it."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13137796/appeal-hearing-new-england-Patriots*-qb-tom-brady-ends-10-hours-testimony

How convenient Kraft was out of the country and submitted an affidavit as an alternative to being asked why the Pats* did not appeal their sanctions if Tom is such a victim
Back to top Go down
JonM229

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:22 am

Tom Brady confirmed that Tom Brady performed wonderfully at his appeal hearing.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 pm

@JonM229 wrote:
Tom Brady confirmed that Tom Brady performed wonderfully at his appeal hearing.

Assuming Tom was not the source for this PFT story that provides a less glowing review of his performance

Per a league source, Brady simply reiterated his denial regarding any involvement in or knowledge of whatever it was that John Jastremski and Jim McNally may have been doing with the team’s footballs. When pressed on certain facts relating to Brady’s potential knowledge or involvement, the answers were regarded by some in the room (i.e., some who aren’t paid to exonerate Brady) as not entirely credible.

Apparently, Brady’s case hinged heavily on attacking the science, under the broader umbrella of taking the position that: (1) he didn’t do anything wrong; and (2) Ted Wells can’t prove that Brady did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/24/leagues-reaction-to-tom-brady-testimony-not-as-glowing/
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:27 am

Emmanuel Sanders stands up... Never thought I would say that Shocked
Finally a player who dares to say what most think.

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/2015/06/25/emmanuel-sanders-new-england-Patriots*/29294051/
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:49 am

Good for him.

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   

Back to top Go down

NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: