HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Some 'influential owners' don't want Tom Brady's suspension reduced
By Frank Schwab
8 hours ago
Shutdown Corner


Jealousy can cause people to act irrationally, and that apparently holds true for NFL owners as well.

In a Pro Football Talk report about how the NFL and New England Patriots* quarterback Tom Brady's people have been talking settlement (no progress has been made, but at least it partially explains why we're on Day 30 of this ridiculous appeal decision watch), another nugget stands out.

[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football: Sign up and join a league today!]

According to the PFT report, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is "being pushed by a small handful of influential owners to hold firm" on Brady's four-game suspension for deflate-gate. I'm going to go out on a limb and conclude that the "small handful of influential owners" are also fed up with the Patriots* being better than them.

(To answer all your comments, emails and tweets to follow: No I'm not from Boston, no I'm not a Patriots* fan, no I don't care about Brady or Bill Belichick and no I'm not part of any other crazy conspiracy theory you have either.)

There are some fans who think Brady should be suspended forever and the Patriots* should have all their Super Bowl trophies taken and on and on. Those are fans, and over-the-top reactions are part of the deal. I expect just a wee bit more from the actual owners, who should be above that.

If you've actually read the Wells Report with an open mind, you realize there's no specific evidence when it comes to Brady. The PFT report says attorney Gregg Levy, who participated in the appeal hearing as a legal consultant to the commissioner, has been warning Goodell it would be difficult to make the suspension stick in court. Which, of course it would be, since there's no evidence. But some owners don't want to hear that, apparently, because this is their chance to stick it to the Patriots*.

(Read More:) http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/some-nfl-owners-pushing-roger-goodell-to-keep-tom-brady-s-suspension-as-is-141702153.html

-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:57 pm

NFL owners are just a bunch of jealous haters.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Breaking News - Brady suspension upheld by NFL. Things could get interesting from here out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/roger-goodell-rules-on-tom-brady-suspension-192621377.html

...or else Brady simply accepts the suspension and comes back motivated and determined...
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Lying liar literally destroyed his cellphone so incriminating communications could not be retrieved - I guess Tom is just real committed to maintaining his privacy

My guess is Brady would not settle for even a one game suspension, so off to federal court goes Brady and the NFLPA
Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:23 pm

@Atlanta Dan wrote:
Lying liar literally destroyed his cellphone so incriminating communications could not be retrieved - I guess Tom is just real committed to maintaining his privacy He learned it from watching Goodell, who ordered the Spygate tapes destroyed before he reviewed them.

My guess is Brady would not settle for even a one game suspension, so off to federal court goes Brady and the NFLPA

He'll get an injunction and will play week 1

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:29 pm

@jak341 wrote:
...or else Brady simply accepts the suspension and comes back motivated and determined...

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Vis

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Patriots** Training Camp Suffers Monumental Trolling by New York Jets Fans

Yes, this morning a small plane towed a banner outside Gillette Stadium that read, "CHEATERS LOOK UP! @JETSFANMEDIA." The Twitter account referenced belongs to an independent Jets fan site. No word yet on whether Brady and/or Belichick actually looked up, which, according to the sign, would amount to an admission of guilt.

http://www.esquire.com/sports/news/a36802/jets-fans-troll-Patriots*-training-camp/

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:26 pm

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:15 am

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:05 pm

footballs are man made so it is just natural some air will leak out.

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:32 am

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:40 am

Brady's suspension chances are growing lesser by the day. It will be an interesting time if a U.S. judge overrules the NFL in disciplinary matters.

And if they do, what does this mean for Rodger Goodell?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflategate-back-court-brady-goodell-talks-fail-062759921--nfl.html
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:10 pm

It means nothing until the CBA is renegotiated

. .
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:11 pm

PostSubject: Re: NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.   

Back to top Go down

NFL suspends Brady. Fines Patriots**. Takes draft picks.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: