HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Dez Bryant confirms on Twitter that he will hold out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Dez Bryant confirms on Twitter that he will hold out    Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:57 pm

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant confirmed that he will not show up to training camp if he cannot come to terms on a long-term contract with the team.

Bryant took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to apologize to Cowboys fans while making his intentions very clear.

The tweet came just hours after a report indicated that Bryant recently called Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones to let him know he has no intention of signing the franchise tender by the Wednesday deadline and will hold out if need be. Jones later denied that he spoke with Bryant, but that doesn’t really matter now.

This is the second time Bryant has made it clear on Twitter that he is unhappy with his contract situation.

Bryant’s camp has maintained that the 26-year-old is serious about missing regular season games if he does not get what he wants, though the Cowboys reportedly have their reasons for thinking Bryant is bluffing. That could have to do with the fact that Dez has not been completely absent from the team’s offseason workout program.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dez-bryant-confirms-on-twitter-that-he-will-hold-out/ar-AAcVVeH?ocid=U219DHP

I'm like this Cowboy drama.

He's good but a little full of himself imo. but keeps him in the news like a few media junkies like Chad and a few others.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant confirms on Twitter that he will hold out    Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:15 am

Bryant is doing the right thing, I don't think negatively at all for him or Demarius Thomas and the holdouts. If he signs a 1 year tender and Earl Thomas cuts out his knees by hitting low to avoid concussion.....his NFL career is done and so is his earning potential.

Jerry needs to get him to a 5 year deal with some kind of security.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant confirms on Twitter that he will hold out    Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:56 am

I think a deal gets done today. I think the whole holdout vs. hardball is a publicity stunt on both sides to keep the cowboys and Dez in the forefront during the NFL media "dead cycle" of summer.

Dez looks like a heroic savior for signing, and the Jones looks like heroic saviors for getting a deal done.

. .
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant confirms on Twitter that he will hold out    Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Dez signs 5 year 70 million deal

PostSubject: Re: Dez Bryant confirms on Twitter that he will hold out    

Back to top Go down

Dez Bryant confirms on Twitter that he will hold out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: