HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Charles Haley tells 49ers rookies "actt like the white guys"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Charles Haley tells 49ers rookies "actt like the white guys"    Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Hall-of-Famer Charles Haley delivered and explosive and controversial message when asked to address the San Francisco 49ers rookie class according to Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News.

“As far as the rookies, and I know they probably got mad, but I said, ‘Why don’t you all act like the white guys? You never see them in the paper getting high or hitting people. Why don’t you act like that?’ They all looked at me crazy,” Haley said.  Haley admitted that he chose his words for "shock value" to reach players he says have the “attention span of a 5-year-old.”  Haley has also been counseling 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith, who lost much of the 2014 season to subtance abuse and weapons problems.

The message might be especially controversial in San Francisco considering that 49ers fullback Bruce Miller, who happens to be white, missed OTAs this spring due to an offseason arrest involving a domestic assault charge with his fiancee and eventually pled guilty to disturbing the peace.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/50804/Charles-Haley-tells-49ers-rookies--actt-like-the-white-guys-/Default.aspx

Charles Haley tells 49ers rookies "actt like the white guys"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: