HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Lucha Underground

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Lucha Underground   Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Ok so I finally caught up the last 2 weeks of LU. All I can say is "HOLY Crap!"

The process of the Cueto Cup has been a great storyline this season. The matches themselves have been outstanding. Jeremiah Krane has a lot of potential and I like his demeanor. There is something about his crazy character that is beyond anything I've seen before. He's not a Dean Ambrose or a Bray Wyatt. He's something more. Having Fox distract Killshot but not having Killshot distract him back was a great swerve. I really thought they'd play it out. But something tells me it's coming down the road.

I'm looking forward to the Johnny Mundo vs. Rey Mysterio match. The build up to it has been excellent, and last week's show having the goons show up to give Rey a beat down just makes it more interesting. As much as I dislike the way they've played Mundo as a guy who can't win on his own, I hope he keeps the title. I'd rather he lose the title to The Machine or Prince Puma.

Son of Havoc vs. Son of Madness is a great lead in to a side story. Vampiro did a great job of explaining the biker gang mentality, the patches, and the vest.

LU is starting to set the standard for my expectations of wrestling shows.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Lucha Underground   Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:34 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
LU is starting to set the standard for my expectations of wrestling shows.

With all the talent WWE has, they can't seem to create any new stars. Yet look how awesome LU makes guys like Mack, Crane, and Killshot look without even putting much focus on them. LU could turn any of those guys, or many others, into stars in just a few weeks.

And when was the last time WWE created a really good storyline? Look at the biker revenge storyline LU created with just one promo and one match.

I think what separates LU from other companies is that everything we see and hear contributes to the storylines. We don't get filler matches, pointless backstage segments, constant replays, and meaningless banter and product plugs from the announcers. Everything that is done or said goes toward furthering a storyline. I can't believe that other companies haven't learned from LU.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Lucha Underground   Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:23 am

This week's matches were a little off (IMO). However, LU may have gone overboard with the Marty The Moth match. I understanding the beat down he gave, but taking the fork to the forehead? Holy crap. The fans were stunned at post match actions. Then he licked the fork!

But regardless of the one match, the athletes on the roster still out perform most of WWE and IW combined.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucha Underground   

Back to top Go down

Lucha Underground
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entertainment :: Pro Wrestling-
Jump to: