HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Report: Ex-NFL QB Erik Kramer survives suicide attempt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Report: Ex-NFL QB Erik Kramer survives suicide attempt    Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:46 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-ex-nfl-qb-erik-kramer-survives-suicide-attempt/ar-BBlUl5O?li=BBgzzfc&ocid=bb7hp

Quote :
Former NFL quarterback Erik Kramer is alive but wounded after shooting himself in a reported suicide attempt.

NBC Chicago reports that the former Bears QB shot himself at a motel in Calabasas, Calif., Tuesday night in an apparent suicide attempt. Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies were called to the motel for a welfare check and found the former QB with a non life-threatening gunshot wound.

Kramer played in the NFL from 1987-1999, posting a 31-36 record as a starter. His peak came in 1995 with the Bears when he threw for 29 touchdowns and 10 interceptions while leading the team to a 9-7 record.

After his football days, Kramer entered sports broadcasting. He worked as an NFL announcer for FOX and currently covers the Bears.

In 2011, Kramer's son, Griffen, died of a heroin overdose.

pretty sad. i would say his peak was that 1 good year he had with detroit and brett perriman, herman moore, and barry sanders.

. .
Back to top Go down
Vis

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ex-NFL QB Erik Kramer survives suicide attempt    Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:49 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-nfl-qb-erik-kramer-wounded-apparent-suicide-attempt-sources-n412831

Quote :
Kramer's former wife, Marshawn Kramer, told NBC News Wednesday night that it was a suicide attempt, and said Kramer suffered years of depression that she believes was the result of his time in the NFL.

"He is a very amazing man, a beautiful soul, but he has suffered depression since he was with the Bears," Marshawn Kramer said in a telephone interview. "I can promise you he is not the same man I married."

Report: Ex-NFL QB Erik Kramer survives suicide attempt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: