HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

[Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: [Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'   Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Merrill Hodge wants the Browns to put Manziel out to pasture permanently.

I can't say I fully disagree with him. He looks to be a very long term project. The writer says:
Quote :
But you don't kick a kid to the curb because he hasn't developed the way you want him to. That's the whole point of development. Teach Manziel what he needs to learn. Show him how to develop footwork, get better in the pocket, not run when protection breaks down or there's not an open receiver.
A first round draft pick should have his footwork developed, his mechanics sound coming into the league. I would expect a 5th or 6th round QB pick to need seasons of work to get the mechanics sound, not a 1st rounder who expected to "wreck this league."

Full story here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25301557/merrill-hoge-on-johnny-manziel-cut-bait-immediately
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'   Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:08 pm

Have to agree too. They invested a first rounder in Johnny. Too early to give up on him but I'm not convinced he's a NFL starting QB but that said, too early.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'   Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Tebow
Manziel
Ej Emanuel
Bob Griffin 3

I have to say, Mariota went to the perfect Coach. Ken wiz will develop him just fine

. .
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'   Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:29 pm

James C Wexell retweeted
Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf

Manziel has improved to the point that he just looks like a bad QB rather than someone who was unsuspectingly plucked out of the crowd.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'   Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:20 am

@tony hipchest wrote:
Tebow
Manziel
Ej Emanuel
Bob Griffin 3

I have to say, Mariota went to the perfect Coach. Ken wiz will develop him just fine

Titans could be good down the road, if they get some pieces to go with Mariota.

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
James C Wexell retweeted
Cian Fahey ‏@Cianaf

Manziel has improved to the point that he just looks like a bad QB rather than someone who was unsuspectingly plucked out of the crowd.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'   Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:38 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

PostSubject: Re: [Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'   

Back to top Go down

[Article] Merrill Hoge on Manziel: Browns need to 'cut bait' ... 'immediately'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: